Amazon Prime Trial

There are several threads that discuss this. I don't know how to link them, but if you search for them I'm sure that you will find a wealth of information.

I think the consensus is that it is absolutely worth every penny and once you have it, you will not let it lapse, ever.

I think the free trial is only for members who have never used it before.

I hate Amazon Prime and think it's a waste of $79. If you're in that much of a hurry that you need express delivery, just buy them sooner! lol. I'd rather get the free super saver shipping. It usually arrives in 10 days at the latest.

I love Prime, I've been a member for a couple years now. I split it with a few friends, so it costs us about $20 each a year. It comes in soooooo handy sometimes, especially around Christmas with last minute gifts. No $25 minimum for free shipping, always free 2 day shipping. I actually end up spending less because I don't have to find other qualifying stuff to spend $25 to get free shipping. I highly recommend it.

Prime really helps if you buy stuff for less that $25. OH how many times i've bot useless stuff i dint need just to get that free shipping. A good spend specially if you split it with some of your friends. Edited by piyushv
spelling

• 2 weeks later...

I was wondering that myself. I just signed up for the free trial a few days ago. I noticed you can add other household members..and have the items shipped to others...maybe that's how it's done.

I found out. I went into Prime on the Amazon website and there is an area to invite people to use a membership. If you are sharing the expense then I guess one person pays and then you just invite the everyone to share the membership. You are allowed a total of 4 people on a membership.

I know a lot of people here share their account between four people; but I am not sure how they do it. I think they all give $20.00 to one person who signs up for the prime and then adds the people to the account. What I wonder is if they all have to use the same account. Maybe someone who shares their amazon prime will explain it. I wanted to do this but I don't know any family or friends that shop enough on amazon to do it, so I am stuck spending $25.00 to get free shipping.

I know a lot of people here share their account between four people; but I am not sure how they do it. I think they all give $20.00 to one person who signs up for the prime and then adds the people to the account. What I wonder is if they all have to use the same account. Maybe someone who shares their amazon prime will explain it. I wanted to do this but I don't know any family or friends that shop enough on amazon to do it, so I am stuck spending $25.00 to get free shipping.

I wonder how they work it with 4 people also. How could you share the same account if everyone has different credit card info? I would be interested in splitting the amazon prime too!

The way we split it was pretty easy. I signed up for it with my amazon account, I sent out the invites(go to your account page, settings, manage prime membership, Invite). Just make sure you send the invite out to the same email address the person already has an Amazon account with if that's the account they want linked with Prime. Once they accept, they use their own account as usual, they'll just also have prime.

I paid and had the other people just pay me back.

Please do not solicit other members or offer to split Prime memberships on the forum.

The Prime membership is meant to be for people in the same household. While Amazon may let you have different addresses, we do not want those transactions on the forum.

Thank you.