Selling Refreshments For People In Line ?

Bigbroad55

Just an FYI, the Girl Scouts do have all the permits in place to sell cookies (and nuts in places where they sell those). And it is a LOT of paperwork.....I volunteer with our Girl Scout Council and it's an amazing process. I don't think the girls can sell Hot Chocolate/etc, but thanks for the idea, because I am sure going to ask next time I'm at the Council Office. I know a couple of troops that do the gift wrap thing (donations only), but another fund raiser is always welcome!

Just to give you an example to put this in real world.

If you were to sell food and drinks during Black Friday in the City of Dallas, Texas here is what you would have to do.

http://www.dallascityhall.com/ehs/food_handlers.html

http://www.dallascityhall.com/ehs/mobile_food_facilities.html

http://www.dallascityhall.com/ehs/temporary_food_facilities.html

But isn't that for prepared food? Does anyone know if you cannot sell food that you don't really "touch"? Ie...chips and junk..lol. I have some cases of hot coco, the kind you just press the button on the bottom and it heats itself, and I did plan on selling them. Would I get busted for just selling already made coco? :confused:

in my town there is a lady that comes to the store and sales biscuits don't think she has a permit or anything

LOL! Yeah, here there is a lady who sells rib sandwiches and dinner plates out of her trunk! She hasn't got in trouble yet...maybe she should..lol...:P

Just an FYI, the Girl Scouts do have all the permits in place to sell cookies (and nuts in places where they sell those). And it is a LOT of paperwork.....I volunteer with our Girl Scout Council and it's an amazing process. I don't think the girls can sell Hot Chocolate/etc, but thanks for the idea, because I am sure going to ask next time I'm at the Council Office. I know a couple of troops that do the gift wrap thing (donations only), but another fund raiser is always welcome!

Is that on the council level that applies to all troops or do the troops have to secure their own permits? If that fundraiser works out, ask them to tell National! I need girls in Salem, NH to get in on it! :gdlicklips:

When I was in high school, the Key Club ran a bake sale at our town's Christmas Stroll. We were able to set up in a bank's vestibule and sold hot chocolate and various baked goods made by our members. I wonder how we were able to do that legally? Maybe because we were on private property? Or maybe the high school had a permit that we were under? One doesn't think of these things when they're 16, but now I'm curious... :confused:

But isn't that for prepared food? Does anyone know if you cannot sell food that you don't really "touch"? Ie...chips and junk..lol. I have some cases of hot coco, the kind you just press the button on the bottom and it heats itself, and I did plan on selling them. Would I get busted for just selling already made coco? :confused:

Where did you find the hot coco that heats itself?

A) That was gross.

B) Where I shop, its like a giant "U". There are stores that surround the complex (the outside of the "U", while in the middle you will find restaurants, cafes, bistros, any kind of food you can imagine. It's basically an outdoor mall. (They also play Christmas Music through outdoor speakers!) ITS AWESOME and its one of those that you park, and walk the rest of the way. So, really, we don't have any store that sells/gives out drinks or food while in line. We just walk right across the parking lot and get Starbucks, Doughnuts (Donuts?) and even a sandwich at the Cafe. It's amazing!!

in the shopping area where BB and BRU target etc is chic-fil-a and some venders from like a fair come out and set up they sale all kinds of stuff a few years ago there was also a business(local) that was renting heaters,sleeping bags,etc. and BB always plays movies on a big projector pretty cool! BF HEAVEN!!!