Black Friday Weather Forecast

wx4svr

Weather Hint: DO NOT trust The Weather Channel. Seriously. If you want good forecasts... go to www.weather.gov then on the left hand column, enter your zip or city,state. The Weather Channel gets its info from ONE source, where as the National Weather Service gets its from around 150 sources. Trust me, you'll see the difference in accuracy.

I wish it would snow here, just not on BF. I think we will be ok though. It has been warm here. It gets a little cool at night but still in the 70's to low 80's during the day right now. I'm wondering where my fall weather is!!! I hope that it would be a nice temp on BF. Not too cold and no rain!

I'm sitting here at my desk in my home office FREEZING. It is like 63 in my house. :eyepoppin:no: Anyway... just thought I would pass along some new winter weather forecasts that have just came across my WX Wire...

This from the Climate Prediction Center (CPC)

Temperature Outlook:

http://www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/products/predictions/long_range/lead02/off02_temp.gif

Precipitation Outlook:

http://www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/products/predictions/long_range/lead02/off02_prcp.gif

I think those really do speak for themselves. To sum it up, the CPC, the official forecast, is saying a MILD winter for most of the country. :gdparanoid: As far as precip, more or less, normal except the southern US and south-western US which will see below normal, OR the OK - KS - TX area which will likely see above normal precip. Another blow below the belt for us snow lovers. :(

The Farmers Almanac gives this prediction for November for the northeast/midatlantic region....November 2008

1st-3rd Stormy, with snow over northern regions, and squally rains for the Mid-Atlantic States. Not a great day for the runners competing in the ING Marathon in New York! 4th-7th Cold and dry. 8th-11th Wet weather, then fair and cold. 12th-15th Fair skies. 16th-19th Some snow for Mid-Atlantic States, then fair and cold. Stormy for Pennsylvania, New York up to Maine. 20th-23rd Wet for New England, then fair. Rain Mid-Atlantic States, followed by clearing. 24th-27th Fair and cold for Thanksgiving. 28th-30th Storm out of the Southwest dumps rain, sleet and wet snow from Virginia, Maryland northward. i really hope they are wrong

• 3 weeks later...

Last year on BF,I woke up to about 2 inches of snow on the ground only (not on the streets or driveways)---that was a most pleasant surprise!

I hope that one chart was right: it predicted colder than normal and above average precip. for my area. I HAVE to have snow and cold or else I get S.A.D. lol :fluffy:

This will be my first Black Friday in New York, and I'm expecting that it will be COLD. I'm hoping that it doesn't snow or ice though, because that makes getting around the small towns a little trickier. The last 4 years of BF shopping were spent in Denver, where it was cold, but remained dry. (I just moved back to NY this past April) Who knows what next week will hold for me!

According to Accuweather.com we're looking at a high of 37 for the day, which would make the 5am temp around 18 or so, with their "reel feel" at 11 degrees. if it gets up to 37 that day, it'll be a madhouse around here, people everywhere enjoying the balmy late November temps.

It's so hard and far to predict. Chicago always had below the average on BF. Never above.

I hear you! It's always soooo cold BF at 3:30 a.m.! I'm waiting for the one year we get a freaky warm day, like 65, so it won't be so painful to be waiting in line.

According to accuweather.com for Chicago's west suburbs:

Thanksgiving: High 43, low 27 Partyly cloudy

BF: High 46, low 29 Cloudy

It says snow and rain for Saturday.

Not that the forecast won't change a hundred times, but that's what we've got so far.

I'll take that forecast! Could be a lot worse. I think rain would be the worst for me. I can stand out in the snow but I would be a miserable b*tch if I was in the rain.

cloudy- high 63 low 43 for Nov 28 here , Central valley California. Its been kinda hard to get into the holidays when its been almost 80 here somedays lately. Usually hazy, foggy and colder. I shouldnt complain, we've had real nice weather, but so close to holidays its strange. Supposed to rain here before Turkey day according to the forcast. Maybe then it will feel like the most wonderful time of the year :)

On two different occasions this morning, The Weather Channel has changed their BF forecast for South Jersey. When I checked around 9am, it showed Cloudy Hi 50/ Low 32; however, it is now showing Showers Hi 48/Low 34. Honestly, I really don't put much stock into any of these long-range forecasts until 3-4 days beforehand.

Thursday Night: A chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 26. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

Friday: Partly sunny, with a high near 39.

---------------------------------------

Cold but not too bad for Pittsburgh. :) Layers it is!