Good Quality Rolling Bookbag

My 6th grader has already ripped his bookbag to shreds from carrying tons of books (don't even get me started).

I have looked at Bean and Lands End for rolling bookbags but surely there are decent ones out there that don't cost upwards of $70??

I'll happily look at any ideas!

Thanks,

Hunchbacks Mom

I have a Jansport rolling bookbag. I've used it for 2 semesters of heavy Algebra books and huge notebooks along with my laptop and it still looks as good as new. I found my bag at Marshalls for $29.99. I have seen them on sale at Office Depot. Also check Ross Dress for Less and TJ Maxx.

The wheels roll very well and goes over bumps and up and down the stairs easily.

You might try buying copies of the textbooks that are coming home each day....after asking the school if they have an extra copy you can borrow. Or a web code to access the materials

online.

Try directtextbooks, and use the ISBN to get the correct edition. I've done this for DD for the last couple of years, it costs a lot less than you might expect and is sooo much easier on her. Sell the books to someone else August (online or in your community) and use that money for next year's books.

If you can wait, the bean bookbags do go on sale at pretty steep discounts. I got the "junior" rolling bookbag -- gecko design -- for $35. I had paid $20 or so every year for bookbags that invariably had broken straps and zippers by the end of the year and I figured it was time to pay more for a bookbag that, if it ever breaks in any way, can be returned for a free replacement, no questions asked. It's a lifetime guarantee -- can't beat it.