Kids and their Christmas wish lists!!

abentley

Call me crazy, but I have been busy doing the shopping for things I think they will like, and now i am just counting the days until I can really say "Write your letter to Santa!!", hoping I was right at least on a few things. How do you handle all of your lists and shopping? Stick to the list they make or make up your version and add it to theirs?

Not crazy! I have been buying full force for Christmas. We are moving to Italy so I am trying to be proactive since I will have to order online a lot, I am sure. I have been asking the kids for some time now what they want. I bought a notebook last week to write all Christmas stuff down in.

I try to decide on things they'll like and talk them into asking for them,lol. Some years are total surprises for what I am going to buy,lol. This year I already have a plan:

I have DS13,DD12,DD9 & DS4. I'm getting laptops for the older 3, futons for the 2 girls and that is the beginning of my plans,lmao.

After a long exhaustive trip to the mall yesterday (I love to shop, the boys just continue to ask when it's time to go home), our lists are officially up and on the fridge!

We typically buy from the list b/c that is what they asked Santa for specifically then pick up a few things not on the list.

A couple years ago I put a small spiral note pad in my purse, when we are out shopping and she sees something she would like to have we write it in the book. This helps her understand you have to wait for things and can't have everything when you see it. She likes it because then she doesn't forget what sees.

Last year she said she wasn't going to write a letter to Santa, he was magical and already knew what she wanted. One day later on we read over the list and she told us which items she really hoped to see under the tree.

We do this for her birthday, too.

I have probably 90% of my shopping completed. I always wait until a little closer to the holiday to make sure there isn't something really special I need to pick up before I finish.

I try to decide on things they'll like and talk them into asking for them,lol. Some years are total surprises for what I am going to buy,lol. This year I already have a plan:

I have DS13,DD12,DD9 & DS4. I'm getting laptops for the older 3, futons for the 2 girls and that is the beginning of my plans,lmao.

My kids want you to adopt them!

I have a cutoff date for lists ... I am mean. My kids know that I will get them most of what they ask for (drums - NO!) if they give me enough time to save for it. Being a single parent, I have to make the most of my money.

After a certain date, they are not allowed to make any changes to their lists!

My kids will start within the next week with their list. DD 15, DS 13. I know DD wants a laptop (I really hope to score this on BF). DS other than those stupid little bakaton's or whatever they are called I have no clue what he wants at this point. I'm thinking a mtn bike because he has gotten where he takes off on DD's purple mtn bike vs his bmx bike.