New Reward Zone levels?

fairydustcrissy

I got this email today:

We’d like to welcome you to the Best Buy® Reward Zone® program at our most elite membership level - Premier Black.

Premier Black is a pilot in select areas that rewards our best customers for shopping at Best Buy stores.

Your Reward Zone program member ID is: xxxxxxx

FASTER REWARDS WITH YOUR

PREMIER BLACK POINT BONUS

EXCLUSIVE SHOPPING SERVICES

PERSONAL ATTENTION FROM YOUR

REWARD ZONE® PROGRAM

PREMIER BLACK CONCIERGE

Plus, you get to enjoy the benefits of Premier Silver:

- Free shipping at BestBuy.com®

- 45-day extended return policy

- Point banking and our Premier-only Awards Catalog

- Special services from Geek Squad®

Anyone else get this? I racked up last BF with reward points, so hopefully this will be even better. If I recall, they had a promo for double or triple points last BF. Hmmm, i wonder if the concierge is availabe on BF?

I also got it, but haven't made any significant purchases at BB in 2+ years.

I have a feeling they made a mistake with the e-mails and sent the highest "Black" level to everyone, whether they qualified or not. When I log in, it still shows the "Basic" tier.

I have a feeling they made a mistake with the e-mails and sent the highest "Black" level to everyone, whether they qualified or not. When I log in, it still shows the "Basic" tier.

sounds reasonable. we've earned 2 5$ gc in 3 years....

Mine said the same. Although we do buy stuff from Best Buy, our purchases have reduced quite a bit in the past couple of months.

I got it too. The thing is I've never used my Reward Zone card because it can't be used with gift cards. The closest BB is 3 hours from me. So, I've been ordering online using gift cards. Since their computer system got hacked and credit card and debit card numbers stolen, I've been reluctant to use my debit card.

Ok not to be a dumb butt but I have 70$ in reward dollars, can I use those on BF to shop there or does it need to be out the catalog I hear about???

thanks

I have used my reward dollars in the store, just like regular money. Just watch to make sure that they don't expire by then.

I got the same email and on the bottom left corner it also stated in small writing that also as a reward I get free shipping on bestbuy.com purchases.

This is what it stated:

Plus, you get to enjoy the benefits of Premier Silver:

- Free shipping at BestBuy.com®

- 45-day extended return policy

- Point banking and our Premier-only Awards Catalog

- Special services from Geek Squad®

Edited by ixrayu05
Add Quote

Here's what the Best Buy Rewards Zone now has posted about the Premier Black email sent out today.

Reward Zone program

The Best Buy® Reward Zone® program is always looking at ways to make our program even better for our members. You may have inadvertently and inaccurately received this e-mail during an initial testing process. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience or confusion. You continue to maintain your current membership status. If you are eligible for the Reward Zone program Premier Black test that will run in a limited number of select markets, we will notify you by a separate email. If you have any questions about this or the Reward Zone program, please view our Program Overview page or contact our Customer Service Center at 1-888-237-8289. Thank you.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I know something is changing. I went to Best Buy the other day and bought 2 of the TV show DVD's and had a coupon one of the sales girls gave me and I handed my reward card to the cashier and she was talking to another cashier about "I'm gonna be nervous when this new program starts soon, this is going to be a hard thing to have to handle." So I asked her if she was talking about something with the rewards card and she said yes, but she said it wasn't going away, but they were changing how things were going to be done with it, but she wasn't sure how everything was happening and that they had just started getting info on it. Who knows?? That's all I've heard.

I wonder what they're going to change next. We got moved to Premier Silver a few months ago. Once when checking out, apparently someone new was being trained, and the trainer pointed out to her that we were Silver and that made us "special." LOL

• 2 weeks later...

In years past BB has offered double and/or triple Reward Zone points. Anyone have any inside information as to if they're going to offer it this year on Friday? I'm going to make a big purchase (not on sale on BF) and I'm wondering if I should wait until Friday just in case they offer more points.

steph