Did anyone Elses Kmart Do the Ticket System last year?

arci122

Did anyone else's Kmart do the ticket system last year? Ours did it, but they started handing the tickets out at 10pm on Wednesday night for the TG ad. There was no advertisement of this, and the people got to go home to a nice warm bed and get up, walk in, and get a WII.

Did anyone else's Kmart do the ticket system last year? Ours did it, but they started handing the tickets out at 10pm on Wednesday night for the TG ad. There was no advertisement of this, and the people got to go home to a nice warm bed and get up, walk in, and get a WII.

I went to two different K marts one you had to satnd in line and one gave them out the night before

Our KMart did the ticket thing also for the first time....it was for the Wii's. TV's, and the GPS's. They came out a few hours before opening time and handed them out....people in the back of the line got mad and started yelling at the manager saying there was nothing in the ad that said there would be tickets handed out...like it would matter...not being up by the door when it opens would knock you out of getting the item anyway. I really like the ticket approach, prevents those who try to sneak in at the last minute and knock you out of the way to get something.

I actually went the night before, got there at 9pm and another group of people showed up at around 11pm and then the others didn't start showing up until 4 or 5am for a 7am opening. So i could have slept for like 6 more hours!! :( but either way. They came out about 6 and handed out 7 slips for the Wii's and that was it, then we got to sit in our cars for another hour until it opened. People didn't get upset about the tickets but did get upset about a guy paying someone in our group to sit out there so when he showed back up at 6am to get his ticket it didn't go over well. Not like it would have mattered.

• 2 weeks later...
My Kmart handed out tickets, I was not getting anything I needed a ticket for, but I did have to go back to electronics and it looked like quite a mess was going on with the ticket system (products that they gave out tickets for were out for display which caused a lot of panic for the people that had tickets), the Kmart people said that they gave out tickets for so many that were in the back and put the excess out on the floor which made no sense to me at all because some people with tickets picked up the ones on display and then that was leaving product in the back that they probably had to pull out later. We have a small Kmart, that might have been the problem.

My Kmart handed out tickets, I was not getting anything I needed a ticket for, but I did have to go back to electronics and it looked like quite a mess was going on with the ticket system (products that they gave out tickets for were out for display which caused a lot of panic for the people that had tickets), the Kmart people said that they gave out tickets for so many that were in the back and put the excess out on the floor which made no sense to me at all because some people with tickets picked up the ones on display and then that was leaving product in the back that they probably had to pull out later. We have a small Kmart, that might have been the problem.

Ours is small as well. They have the cream of the crop working there if you know what I mean??? But, when you live out in the sticks, this is what you get.:eyepoppin

• 3 weeks later...
Ours did, they didn't advertise it, but they started handing out tickets about 20 minutes before the store was scheduled to open. They did it for the Wii's the LCD TV's and GPS, and maybe a couple of others I forgot about. I personally think it's a great idea and wish more stores would do that because it would cut out a lot of the trampling lol.

I was at Kmart on Thanksgiving to get the Olevia 32" LCD. They handed out tickets an hour before opening. They had way less Wii than advertised which made people mad, but they had plenty of tvs. BTW I think the Olevia was the best 32" deal last year based on quality, price, and brand. And best part was I waited 1 hour in line, not an entire night, plus it was on Thanksgiving and not BF.

• 2 weeks later...