HDMI cable

Will any one do? It's for from the cable box to the tv, xbox 360 is also hooked up to the tv. The TV is hi-def and we do have the hi-def cable package. They are pretty expensive at best buy but I went to newegg.com and they have some pretty cheap ones. Is any one OK or do we need a specific one, or is it better to get the expensive ones? The TV is a LCD Magnavox. I'm TV illiterate when it comes to this kind of stuff.

I read a review a while back that compared the Monster brand to other brands of HDMI cables. The Monoprice.com ones were top rated AND they were the cheapest! The review's conclusion stated that there was virtually NO difference between the cheaper cables and the super expensive Monster brand.

From what I've read and seen...the only difference between cheap (inexpensive) HDMI cables , and those rippoff Monster (expensive) HDMI cables....the ends.

If the cable is plugged in once and never touched again, I would go with the cheap ones.

With HDMI, any length under ~20 feet, all cables are basically the same.

I found 1 @ a Goodwill store for $3.99. I think it was a Belkin... 10' ...hooked up the PS3 and it works great.

My question is are the cables the same if you are using it for cable or video game or does any HDMI cable work on anything, or are there specific ones depending on what you are using them for?

I hope not because I went ahead and bought 3 (thank you rossman!) because we are getting a new tv soon and will have to buy one for that one anyways and I wasn't sure if we could/should also replace the cable from the tv to the 360 with one of those also.

Monoprice.com has the best selection and prices when it comes to audio, video and other cables.

HDMI, component, Nintendo Wii, USB cables, etc.

How fast is their shipping? We need one before the 30th and don't want to take the chance of it not being here in time.

I got my own answer, some of the reviews comment on fast shipping so I went ahead and ordered. Thanks Rossman.

Edited by hpowers

How fast is their shipping? We need one before the 30th and don't want to take the chance of it not being here in time.

I got my own answer, some of the reviews comment on fast shipping so I went ahead and ordered. Thanks Rossman.

Unless you live in a very remote part of the country, it's around 3 days.

Think of Monoprice.com as "the NewEgg.com of A/V cables". Low prices, great selection and fast shipping.

I usually select USPS Priority and recieve my order within 2-3 days.

My question is are the cables the same if you are using it for cable or video game or does any HDMI cable work on anything, or are there specific ones depending on what you are using them for?

I hope not because I went ahead and bought 3 (thank you rossman!) because we are getting a new tv soon and will have to buy one for that one anyways and I wasn't sure if we could/should also replace the cable from the tv to the 360 with one of those also.

HDMI is a standard cable interface. It shouldn't matter what type of device you use it on.