How are items from past BF working?

zim05

Bought my first high-definition TV from Best Buy (Mission Viejo, Calif.) as a Black Friday special in 2005 - actually got it the Sunday following, if that counts. It was a Westinghouse 32-inch, 720p LCD panel: in those days, a stone-cold steal at $850. :P

Glad to say it's still working, though it's no longer mine. In May I used my stimulus check to upgrade to a 42-inch Panasonic plasma (love those blacker blacks!). Now that TV of Christmas past is... my nephew's gargantuan computer monitor. :)

Cheers,

Howard

(iPod Nano this BF? Zune? Compact digital camera? Kodak HD pocket camcorder? None of the above? Suggestions welcome...)

Bought Toshiba laptop for 250 3 years ago and it still going strong. 2 years ago bought the panasonic 42" tv and its going great! Also bought the emachines desktop for 199 3 years ago and it goes strong too!

Fantastic. I bought these items in 2006 and still work great too:yup:

2007:

olevia tv - works like a charm, both my friend and i bought one and they both are workin perfectly

hp desktop - workin great also, love the lcd screen that come with it!

sandisk cruser - never failed

WD passport - bought 2, 1 had some issue and died on me after approx 2 month.. contact WD and exchanged for a new one in less than 5 days!

2006:

didn't get anything.. lol

2005:

HP printer - works great! although the toner is runnin low.. prob need some refill..

WD mybook - perfect! acting as my backup's backup system now

cordless phone systems (4 handsets)- still goin.. but.. might want to think about updating it.. cuz.. it was only like $20 when i bought it

the target Olevia from last BF has started cutting out randomly in the last few weeks :( maybe ours is going while everyone elses is still okay cause we pretty much leave it on 24/7 ?? I don't know maybe we just got a bad one... from the beginning it was a PITA with the cheapo upconvert DVD player we got from Walmart, thought it was the DVD player but FIL has the same one and it works great.

Iron from BF '06 Wal-Mart is still going strong, I think it was $6.

I have the same iron, still works great and we actually use it quite a bit......mostly for those iron beads and not cloths, but it still get's used.

Other BF things

2 Walmart laptops from years ago still working great.

2 21" or 22" wide screen lcd monitors from Best Buy are still going.

Random tv's through the house, all still working.

$4 sandwich maker from Walmart gets used almost daily still. Same with the waffle maker.

I'm sure there's more, I just can't remember all the BF things I've bought, and I'm sure some of them were given as gifts.