What's your best time at your 1st store?

rogue1230

Man, U folks r quick... I'm not exerienced on BF yet, I always get confused and end up at the wrong end of the store. How do you know where they place items from the ads (i.e. R the DVDs in w/movies or someplace else)?

It's called Wednesday night recon - go to the stores right before they close on Wednesday night (at least for the stores closed on Tgiving) - most stores are putting things in place for Friday morning.

My first store is usually Wal-Mart. They normally let us in and we can stand around the pallets of things we want. So, there is normally a couple of us and we scout out the store first and figured out where everything is.

The quickest I have gotten out of there, with them opening the pallets at 5, was 5:15. And that was with a basket full of things!

Man, U folks r quick... I'm not exerienced on BF yet, I always get confused and end up at the wrong end of the store. How do you know where they place items from the ads (i.e. R the DVDs in w/movies or someplace else)?

Usually when a store like CC or BB has a ton of DVDs on sale, they usually toss them in huge bins or boxes and move them to the front of the movie section. It is probably the first DVDs you will see on the floor once you hit that area. As for check out, Circuit City by my area has registers lined up and down the middle isles which goes from the movies past the music sections. Alot of people don't pay attention to these registers cause they don't look like them. They usually run to the front of the store to check out. Last year, after grabbing my movies I turned around and a CC employee said, "ready to check out sir?" I said yeup, no waiting at all behind anyone. It was pretty sweet.

we have not been in years because we were done shopping or my family wanted things that were not on sale.. but when we did go we hit only one store since then there was no other store close this year we can go to the next big town and they have more stores but we were in and out of walmart in about 20 min and got everything on are list

What are everyone's thoughts on waiting in line to check out. I had one great experience with this. I went with my then girlfriend, now fiance, to Best Buy. When we got in the store she waited a few minutes then hopped in line with an item. I then went around the store and got the rest of our stuff. I then handed all the items to her in line. This saved us probably about an hour. I know some places it is hard to get to the people in line, but where we were I just had to reach over a big screen tv box.

Has anyone else done anything like this? How do you feel about it? I kind of felt bad doing it, but hey what can you do.

Thats why we get in and get out and move on. We've been known to go back later after the madness and shop at that same store again when the lines are died down to pick up the extras we saw and wanted.

After I get my doorbusters and I don't have that rush to get to the next store by a certain time, I don't mind the lines, it's part of BF and I've made some new friends by spending 60 min sitting and chatting with them!

i dunno, maybe it's the area i was in (detroit suburbs) or the stores but the only time i have ever had to deal with a HUGE line up (to pay, that is...to get in was a whole other story lol) was target. at meijer & walmart we were in and out 2 yrs in a row, it was unbelievable!

Well last year at Target we got there right after they opened. I only went in for 2 things and got those things then hustled to the checkout. I didn't have to wait but maybe 5 minutes. All the other lines were good. Best Buy was about a 15 minute wait by the time we got there. If toysrus has the big thing I want on BF then I will be camping out. I plan on taking 2 other people with me. I will run in, get what I need, send the other 2 people to get what I need and then get to the checkout so hopefully we won't have to wait that long in line (knock on wood). But usually my boyfriend is the person who will wait in the checkout line if it's long. Sometimes I will tell him to go stand in line but we've been lucky with the lines not being long in the stores we've gone to.

I have had some bad checkout experiences over the years and last year we had one wait near the front and get in line if the lines started to get long and when we checked out we did it all on one reciept, i got a few nasty looks but no one said anything, i guess however if you had someone wait in line for you and then like you had alot of people with all buying their own stuff come up in line with your waiting person you might start a issue.