Black Friday Pet Peeves?

zim05

My biggest pet peeve is seeing young (young young) kids out in the very cold. I'm not even talking having kids out in general but when its 10 degrees outside take someone with you and leave them in the car until the store opens. I just hate to see little babys/toddlers outside in the freezing cold crying. :(

As a woman who was VERY pregnant on BF (had my dd on dec 14th that year) if someone had told me to go home or leave because I was pregnant I would have nicely asked them to leave since they were an @ss!

i was 9 months pregnant on BF last year! it is not nearly as crazy around here as it seems to be other places though. besides, my friends wrestled over the big ticket items for me while i hung back. if i had thought there was any danger i would certainly not have went, but i know from past BF's around here there isn't really anything to worry about. and believe me, i wasn't the only prego out either!

I too was WAY preggers on BF last year. I was due the next day :eek: (but didn't deliver until Dec 3rd) ;).

I ended up shopping online at Staples.com first (couldn't sleep) then headed to WM at 6 am. Didn't get the "good" stuff at WM, but I also didn't want to have to fight the big crowds for stuff. I made it to Staples afterwards, then I hit 2 more stores. I got a lot accomplished, and not once did I have to worry about my safety.

I am SO looking forward to BF this year - sans baby!!!

okay i just thought of something else that irks me of BF. morons who drive up and ask with total seriousness "what r we in line for?" are you kidding me if you dont know about black friday you have ISSUES:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

I think we had a thread about that topic last year. We mess with people that say that...we started making stuff up, like: "they're giving away free turkeys" or "we heard they had XXX <insert product of the season>". The best is when you're standing there, in front of the store and at first they ask what are you in line for...but then...."Which store?":eyepoppin:eyepoppin, we just turned around and stared at the big sign on the side of the building.

Rude people!!!! It amazes me every year that there are people complaining about the crowds and the long lines at WalMart at 5:00am. WHAT DID THEY EXPECT??????

Yeah I know what you mean expecially with WalMart. If people go to WalMart on BF they need to know what to expect. We've gone there first every BF and I'm from a mid-size town so its not as violent or as chaotic as bigger towns (like those youtube videos), but its definitely not a walk in the park either.

To deal with Walmart you really have to have a game plan and grab and go, if your browsing or not quite sure what you want or where it is - you will be stuck in crowds and long lines to check out.

I don't think Walmart, itself, necessarly worse than other stores on BF, its just bigger so there are more people. I do think people, customers and workers, at Target or BB tend to be nicer than those at Walmart though...

• 3 weeks later...

That one grabs me. I hate line crashers too that rush the line as the doors open. Even though some stores are getting better at stopping this.

Auugh! They wait just across the street at the beginning of the parking lot then as soon as the doors open join the beginning of the line! Though last year at Target they tried to do that and the whole crowd turned and scream at them... it was the best...scared the crap out of them. Of course they didn't go to the very back of the line but they weren't first either! All stores need to get better at that.

That one grabs me. I hate line crashers too that rush the line as the doors open. Even though some stores are getting better at stopping this.

Auugh! They wait just across the street at the beginning of the parking lot then as soon as the doors open join the beginning of the line! Though last year at Target they tried to do that and the whole crowd turned and scream at them... it was the best...scared the crap out of them. Of course they didn't go to the very back of the line but they weren't first either! All stores need to get better at that. :mad:

My pet peeve is people who allow line jumpers. You've been standing in line with the people around you for hours and then a few minutes before the doors open their friends show up and think it's ok, because they've been waiting and "holding" their place in line.:mad:

My pet peeve is people who allow line jumpers. You've been standing in line with the people around you for hours and then a few minutes before the doors open their friends show up and think it's ok, because they've been waiting and "holding" their place in line.:mad:

HATE HATE HATE line jumpers/cutters. and the crowds of people with no voice, that wont say anything about it. A large mob of people that have been peacefully sitting together for 15+ hours that are tired, hungry and COLD that have been sitting around for hours with nothing to do...,we should have guts enough to say "GET OUT" I'm not talking physical violence, but 200 ppl yelling in unison to get to the back of the line ought to do it...

OR maybe the friend that you brough with you that is p'd off that they didn't get the $200

computer and b$^&@#( about it for the rest of the day and the next 6 mos. because she didn't have a contingency plan if they didn't have the stated ammount on hand. And the people in the stores who are crabby and ticked at the world... GO HOME. Don't shop, this is fun people! Ruins BF for those of us who LOVE it.

"and one drive-by we told them it was our local AA meeting, we meet there every Thursday". do you want to come shopping with me?? We could have some fun! your my kinda person!

• 2 weeks later...

My biggest pet peeve is the line jumpers/cutters. I get up early to get the great deals. I hate seeing people sit in their car or stand across the street, just waiting for the doors to open and then rush the door.

I was very dissappointed in the Target by me last year. They made no effort to stop these line cutters. :mad:

One of my biggest pet peeves is people who browse when the store first opens ~ really? seriously? You get up that early to wait on line to enter and then take your time wandering the aisles with a cart? If I'm gonna be out that early, you can bet I'm on a mission for something!

Where to begin

The obvious jumpers...

The crabby people...

Lil old ladies who ram my ankles with their carts..

People who grab merchandise right out of my hands...

Weird people in line talking to me ( NOT the nice normal people Im talking lockthemuplooney..lol)

People asking me where did I get my flyer( seriously they got up that early and dont know why?!)

hmmmmm Im sure theres more .. lmao

My biggest pet peeve is when you get into the store and the workers tell you what direction to go once your inside the store. Take my best buy for an example. As soon as you get in there, they have everyone go to the right. You cant go to the left and pass the registers. They force you to go right pass the TV's. And if your all the way at the end of the line, by the time you get in there, its so hard to go right because there already is a long line to the registers and the line is almost out the door. So you have to climb around and over people just to get pass so you can get down the DVD, Video Game and CD aisles. :gdangry3:

Rude people....

People that *sigh* excessively and you can smell their horrible breath...:yuck:

Hot, humid stores :eek:

Cutters:mad: oh and one more

People on their cell who talk SO loudly that you can't hear your friend right next to you--or whomever is on your cell talking with you...

I am so glad you mentioned these especially the cell one- that is so damned annoying! Why oh why do we all need to hear" Well susie says that you didn't wave yesterday at the mall ..Blah Blah.. Oh My God!!!!! And did you hear that she has a new b/f ! blah blah.. " LMFAO...

Oh, I have a list a mile long, but here are my top pet peeves:

-Line jumpers/cutters, especially if I've been standing in line in the freezing cold for 3 hours

-Slow walkers. Seriously people, 5AM at Walmart on BF is NOT the time to dillydally

-People who stand in the middle of the aisles chatting when people are trying to get by.

-Rude people

-Disorganized stores. WHY would I ever suspect DVD's are in the women's underwear section?

That is all, for now. However, every BF I add a few more pet peeves to the list :lol:

What about preg women who think they can handle BF? We had two in line at the BB I was at last year and the cops told them to leave since they will put the babies in danger.

Hey, I went 4 months preggo with Kaylie and was moving faster than my crew!! If a cop would have told me that he probably would have had to take me to jail! I did carry a "bodyguard" with me though (my cousins friend) She's a stout girl and was in front of me through the inital rush when the doors opened. Granted I wasn't huge at that point but i did have a decent little belly on me at that point.

My biggest pet peeves are small children out in the freezing cold and line jumpers. It ticked me off one year we were like 20th in line at CC and everyone started trying to crown beside us and get in ahead of us. Oh yeah, and pushers. That ticks me off.