Predictions for amount of legal threats this year?

Brad

I am going to say 5. how many was there from last year?

too many to remember, lol.

there were so many that this year i coded the site in anticipation of getting them. one little change and the items are hidden, the store logo is greyed out and a nasty message is displayed to anyone trying to view the list (although you may still be able to view them through the shopping list feature... ;))

What is everyone's guess on what is going to happen this year?

More threats than last year? About the same? Less? (not likely)

For the record, Walmart has already contacted us a few weeks ago and their policy from last year has not changed... :no:

I did not buy at Walmart all year and sent them emails letting thm know that their actions towards this site was specifically why.

I think the fact that Wal-Mart already sent out the notice shows that they are getting their ad ready for publishing! Hey, wouldn't it be great if the other stores found out what their sales were now and put the items on sale before BF! The poor wal-mart greeter will be board on BF.

I think there will be the same as last year. I think if stores were going to pull their ads and start legal action, they would have done it last year along with W*l-Mart. So we will probably see the same stores doing it again.

But I can always hope for less and for those stores to see that they should take advantage of a site like this- not fight it!

I'm guessing it's going to be less because of the financial crisis the country is in. Also because Wal-Mart's strategy backfired on them. Their BF results were proof positive they were unsuccessful.

I never shop Wal-Mart for BF anyway. I stay out of there as much as I can anytime throughout the year.

I'm going to guess more, but only because of the suits that only think in legal speak and don't sit down and think about what this site actually does.

I was never a big Black Friday shopper until I stumbled on to this site 3 years ago. I use to get the ads the day before but always had too many other Turkey Day things to deal with. Now I can't wait to see all the great sales, plan out my strategy, make my list, etc.... The membership here has exploded just in the 3 yrs I've been here which proves that people want to be clued in on great deals and spend their money! So it makes no sense to me that if I'm a retail chain trying to make a buck in these tough economic that I would attack the very sites that help generate business. Heck if I was running a retail chain I'd not only send you the ads, I'd even give an extra discount to the people registered on this site cuz I know they'd be camped outside of my store Thursday night!

Ok, I'm off my soapbox now..........:o

I think it's going to be low this year, like everyone else is saying about our economy. I will say 2. I think there will rumors to get our attention, but that is exactly what they want, attention. Actual legal threats will be low.