need a lot of hangers cheap

I am in the process of moving into a new apartment, my first. My parents don't have anything they can give me to furnish it and my friends live 1,200 miles away so I am trying to furnish a bare apartment so you might see me asking for deals these next few days.

Does anyone know where I can get a super deal on a lot of hangers? I have none. (I can't take my parents)

walmart has the cheapest sets of plastic hangars... last time i bought them they were like 10 for a dollar or so but its been a couple years.

many of my local dry cleaners have wire hangars setting out for people to take. you could always start with those and replace with your preferred type a bit at a time.

Call any drycleaners. The majority will just ask how many would you would like and hand them to you. I say to call because they throw hundreds away, and if you call, they will set them aside instead of throwing them in the trash. In college towns, the drycleaners sometimes will sell them instead, but they are MUCH cheaper than 10 for $1.

If you haven't already. join startsampling.com, bookmark the free samples on Walmart, join the mailing lists for Tide, Wisk, P&G, etc and start getting those samples sent to you(see the free samples threads). Read the CVS, Walgreens threads, join coupon websites, and you will end up spending pennies instead of $$$for laundry detergent, shampoo, soap etc.

Enjoy that place of your own

Thanks for all the ideas for the hangers and excellent general tips like startsampling. Moving out is sooooo much more expensive than I thought it would be. I'm going to try your free ideas first and if all else fails go to Walmart. I just went on a crazy coupon clipping binge tonight, only got generic stuff- except for cheese and ketchup which I can't find good acceptable generics for and circled ads- have lots of stores close so I can run around for groceries or other goods. I was so happy to see the day we moved in was the grand opening of a Dollar Tree down the street. That saved me tons.