Anyone else upset with the Walmart/Hannah Montana 3D glasses???

So you have to get the 3D glasses for the Hannah Montana movie from Walmart (they are free, but you can only pick them up there). WELL, our Walmart has been out of them for at least the past week! We keep checking since we heard about the movie coming on tomorrow...but they never got more and didn't limit how many people could just take :mad: There had to be a better way for this to be done...for instance people filling out an online form and having them shipped the glasses by mail, or even just instituting a limit on how many one person could have!!! My DD6 really has been upset about us not finding them, we have some 3d glasses that came with the Shrek movie, so we're going to try to use those...but it's really annoying that Walmart only got so many glasses and had no system for distributing them properly...grrr!

We went on the search today. First WalMart had none so on to the second. They had some that people had worn/folded and which we were going to take until we spotted 2 that were new.

I was suprised we had gotten them at all at this late date. They have been available for about a month now.

I guess because they are free glasses they could care less who gets them. If we hadn't gotten them, my DD's would have been upset for the moment, but they would have gotten over it. I was okay with the set-up.

So you have to get the 3D glasses for the Hannah Montana movie from Walmart (they are free, but you can only pick them up there). WELL, our Walmart has been out of them for at least the past week! We keep checking since we heard about the movie coming on tomorrow...but they never got more and didn't limit how many people could just take :mad: There had to be a better way for this to be done...for instance people filling out an online form and having them shipped the glasses by mail, or even just instituting a limit on how many one person could have!!! My DD6 really has been upset about us not finding them, we have some 3d glasses that came with the Shrek movie, so we're going to try to use those...but it's really annoying that Walmart only got so many glasses and had no system for distributing them properly...grrr!

Our store had a ton of them last Sunday. I know that doesn't help you but I would have mailed you some if it was earlier in the week.

I'm glad my ds6 was on his game. When we went to WalMart last week he started saying he needed Hannah Montana 3D glasses from the back of the store. We were in the electronics department (as usual with my dh) and ds6 saw them right there hanging up behind the electronics counter! He got 3 - one for each of my kids except the baby. ;)

The cashier gave each of my boys a pair the other day and we didn't even buy the movie. She said they were handing them out to everyone. :confused:

No wonder some stores have already run out.

Edited by MelissaS
typo

We were at Walmart last night about 8:20 and after paying, our cashier asked my kids if they had the 3-d glasses for the Hannah Montana movie. They said no. She gave them each a pair. I asked my daughter what they were for and she said, "There's a 3-d Hannah Montana on tonight at 8:00" I had to tell her it was then 8:20 and they were missing it. Anyway, there was a repeat of it when the 1st one went off so they didn't miss anything and they got their glasses. :D

got one from the TV guide magazine. (the magazine which I got free from a GD post. :))

I got the tv guide free from here as well. There were no glasses in it when it came though even though there should have been. :(

My daughter grabbed herself a pair in the electronics dept at Walmart last week. There was a whole stack sitting on the counter.

I found them by accident, on top of the school supply list there was a little poster and if you really looked you could see the glasses up there. Had I been looking for them I wouldn't have found them, I just happend to glance over and see them on top of the display. They were definetly hidden.

We went to two different Wal-Marts and they each had lots of them. I also was able to get the TV Guide magazine from a great GD thread and my magazine did not have them in it so I called them and their recording said to call this other non-800 # so I spoke to someone in customer service and told her that I did not think I should have to pay for a out-of-state call for something that was supposed to be in the magazine. She totally agreed and said that she would extend my subscription for the inconvenience, that was great! My DD watched the movie with her glasses but said that it wasn't great with them so maybe they weren't really necessary.

Well...ours was out for the last week and had them on top of a chip display, but said they only put out 3,000 glasses TOTAL (as in all Walmarts). So, I put on my "mom hat" and we scoured all the movies for the Barbie 3D glasses (somehow I remembered we had them at home)...then my DD6 went through all my old People magazines and cut out all the Miley/Hannah faces and glued them on the barbie 3d glasses and used stickers/crayons/etc...hers looked really good and she had fun making them :) I agree that the TV version paled w/the cinema one (we saw it in the theatre), but it was still fun...and I used it as a teaching moment that sometimes you don't find what you want, but that just provides an opportunity to create something better :)

Seeing this actually makes me a bit sick to my stomach...these people are the reason that kids couldn't find glasses to watch the movie...disgusting.

Seeing this actually makes me a bit sick to my stomach...these people are the reason that kids couldn't find glasses to watch the movie...disgusting.

The Wal Marts' by my house were out for weeks. I had to buy a TV guide for $4. Then I made them share. They weren't really impressed, the glasses were crappy.

Shame on those people selling them on Ebay! :no:

We found ours by mistake near school supplies, too. We got 3

pairs, b/c my DD had my 2 nieces come over. The glasses kept falling off of their faces and they kept whining. So, during a commercial break, i got crafty and punched a hole in each side and let them pick a ribbon and we tied it around their face. They were able to dance, jump and scream the rest of the night. I tried a pair on for a few minutes and started getting motion sick. LOL! I guess I/m too old for the 3d effect. :D

these are the same kinda people that p'ss me off over not being able to find a mario kart or a wii fit i am not paying double for it. someone on amazon wanted 67.50 for a used mario kart game and no wheel :mad: