Amazon Gold Box Wii games 6/27

racerfan

http://www.amazon.com

I got this email this morning from "Wii Alerts" for Gold Box deals at Amazon tomorrow 6/27 They said there will be a total of 9 games thruout the day. Did anyone get it also?

I posted about it before but I think I put it on an expired deals thread Sorry:D

Nintendo Wii Alert

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello Alert Subscriber!

On Friday, June 27, 2008, for the first time ever, Nintendo video games will be featured as the top nine deals in the Amazon.com Gold Box. The identities of each deal will be revealed one at a time.

Here's how it will work:

At 12:01 AM PST the first deal will be the Gold Box Deal of the Day. Its special discounted price will be available all day only on Friday, June 27 (or until they run out.)

Starting at 6:00 AM PST, the second deal will be featured as a Lightning Deal. This special price will be available for the following two hours.

Each of the eight remaining deals will also be Lightning Deals. Starting every two hours that follow at 8:00 AM, 10:00 AM, 12:00 PM, 2:00 PM, 4:00 PM, and 6:00 PM PST, and 8:00 PM each deal will be available for two hours after it begins.

Discounts on each deal will be available only while supplies last.

Learn more about Gold Box Deals in their Help section.

Shop Gold Box on Friday, June 27

Got this from another site for today at Amazon

Deal of the Day

Super Smash Bros. Brawl - $25.99 (Reg $39.99, $14 savings, 35% off)

Later today

6AM PDT Yoshi's Island DS (DS)

8AM PDT The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass (DS)

10AM PDT Super Mario Galaxy (Wii) (Reg

12PM PDT New Super Mario Bros. (DS)

2PM PDT Mario Kart DS (DS) (4PM PDT The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (Wii)

6PM PDT Mario Party DS (DS)

8PM PDT Pokemon Diamond (DS)

Edited by racerfan
Spelling

Depends on what type of game your kids or you like. Super Smash is a fun party game, doesn't take much concentration and can be played for short amounts of time. Mario galaxy is more of a platform game, it is so much fun, but will require you to play for longer periods of time and may be diffucult for some. Husband and I have both and prefered Mario Galaxy, we are 28. HTH

I saw that Super Smash Brothers is rated TEEN. Can anyone tell me what about the game gives it that rating, and would it be okay for 7 and 9 year olds?

I think they only rated it as teen because some could consider it "violent." As long as your kids understand it is fantasy "violence" and not to act out on each other, it's fine. I mean, it's Pikachu beating up Yoshi and other characters... unless your kids think they can summon lightning bolts.

I think they only rated it as teen because some could consider it "violent." As long as your kids understand it is fantasy "violence" and not to act out on each other, it's fine. I mean, it's Pikachu beating up Yoshi and other characters... unless your kids think they can summon lightning bolts.

Good I was hoping that was the case. :D My son watches all those anime shows (Pokemon, Bakugan, Digimon, etc.)... so I know he's okay with that level of violence. I went ahead and bought it for Christmas. He's certainly mentioned the game several times, so I'm sure he'll love it.

I just got Mario Super Smash, but paid $39 and received a $10 gift card. Wonder if I could still get an adjustment since I recieved the GC?

I called them and told them if they could give me a price adjustment on it since I bought mine on june 11 and they said YES. They credited me 14 dollars.

Good I was hoping that was the case. :D My son watches all those anime shows (Pokemon, Bakugan, Digimon, etc.)... so I know he's okay with that level of violence. I went ahead and bought it for Christmas. He's certainly mentioned the game several times, so I'm sure he'll love it.

Yeah it's certainly not bloody, unlike some other rip your guts out fighting games.

ok so mario galaxy would be a good gift for DH 28 and Smash brothers for a 5 year old? or is too dificult for her? thanks!

I would have said the opposite.. i would think your husband would enjoy smash bros more.. My 5 yo daughter likes mario galaxy.. but probably mario party even more :D