McDonalds Free Southern Style Chicken Sandwich May 15

Heather_0617

I wonder how long the lines will be for this...I have been planning on going to get this at least once Thurs.

I've had this sandwich two times. It's soo much smaller than Chick Fil As for the same price. One time the sandwich wasn't great (meat was tinier than a regular cheeseburger), the other time it was super juicy. (but still a bit small, just not AS small).

Edited by Azzycat

I got one at lunch time and it was okay...not a long line at all. I was with a co-worker and asked how many I could get (other people back at the office wanted them too but I made no promises) and they said as many med or large drinks you purchase you will get one. Woohoo got 4.

I like Chic Fil A, but they fry theirs in Peanut oil, My kids are highly allergic to peanuts.

Are you sure? My nephew is deathly allergic to peanuts and this was one place his DR recommended because they don't use peanut oil. My son also has a peanut allergy and he eats chicken nuggets from Chik Fil A with no problem.

We stopped by for lunch--actually at our Mcd's there were no signs or anything. I got three on one order (I was only going to get two, but the cashier told me I could have another one since I had also bought a meal w/ a drink). I thought it was good--odd w/ pickles on it, but that's just a personal preference. It wasn't busy there at all most people didn't seem to know about it. I told my husband to go there for lunch as well--he was pretty happy at spending $2 and some change for lunch :)

We had these for dinner tonight and I really liked mine, especially loved the pickles. The kids tossed the bun and just ate the chicken, said it tasted like pickles. :P

I will probably buy it when I end up having to go to McDonalds every once in a while. I can't stand anything else there, so this is a good find for me. :)

Are you sure? My nephew is deathly allergic to peanuts and this was one place his DR recommended because they don't use peanut oil. My son also has a peanut allergy and he eats chicken nuggets from Chik Fil A with no problem.

CFA most definately uses peanut oil. Says so right on their website. My son's allergist mentioned CFA as a special note when we found out our son was allergic to peanuts. Her statement was that they use a refined peanut oil which would have minimal peanut protien in it. That said, I know other peanut allergic kids who have had reactions from the peanut oil at CFA. YMMV.

Our DS does not eat at CFA. And boy, do I miss it!

I had the breakfast one.. It was so freakn dry. One thing I will never get again. Wishing I would have gone at lunch and brought it back to work (KFC) would have tasted better with some Honey Mustard on it.

I had the breakfast one.. It was so freakn dry. One thing I will never get again. Wishing I would have gone at lunch and brought it back to work (KFC) would have tasted better with some Honey Mustard on it.

I agree. I got the breakfast one this morning and I did not like it at all. I got the sandwich earlier this week and really liked that.

CFA most definately uses peanut oil. Says so right on their website. My son's allergist mentioned CFA as a special note when we found out our son was allergic to peanuts. Her statement was that they use a refined peanut oil which would have minimal peanut protien in it. That said, I know other peanut allergic kids who have had reactions from the peanut oil at CFA. YMMV.

Our DS does not eat at CFA. And boy, do I miss it!

Thnanks for the info. DS has eaten there dozens of times without any reaction, thank God.

Thnanks for the info. DS has eaten there dozens of times without any reaction, thank God.

Hello everyone. As someone who also suffers peanut allergies and has done research with various doctors, I have found out that the allergies are caused by the peanut PROTEIN. Peanut oil does NOT have any peanut protein UNLESS it is cold-pressed, or otherwise stated.

Hope this helps

JOn