nevermind the rockband I think I am getting him a Wii but

What kind of games does he like: action, sports, music (like guitar hero, rockband), group games (some mario games). There are so many varieties and something for everybody. You will not have a problem if you get a Wii.

You will need one extra wii remote, system comes with one, and two nunchuks (some games require them. Instead of buying a separate wii remote get the wii play game which comes with a wii remote.

he likes racing, fighting, sports and guitar hero. I was not sure o the controllers and nunchuks (not sure what those will do) I know nothing about this. I know I want the tennis for myself. Looks like great exercise....... :yup:

lord knows I need that!!!!

I figured for Christmas I could get rock band for him and alot more games.

But just wanted to know a few good titles to start with.

my girls are saving their allowance to buy a Wii... I told them they had to buy it because they might appreciate it more ....they have so much junk from us that they dont seem to appreciate, so they are excited...they need maybe $100 more.....now just finding a good deal for them.....lol

My hubby has xbox 360 and loves, madden 08 and call of duty 4. We have a Wii for the girls and to play together as a family. We play some Mario games together. Hubby loves the Super Mario Galaxy and Metroid on the Wii. We also have Guitar Hero but on the xbox and we rock out all the time.

Is this your hubby/bf or son you are buying it for???

my son. It is his 10th bday. But it will be mine, older son, hubby and his....LOL

Okay I would suggest these since it it mostly males in your household. ;)

Super Mario Galaxy

Super Mario Smash Bros Brawl (my girls actually enjoy this game- it is fighting with all nintendo characters- princess peach is pretty tough to beat) ;)

Guitar Hero ( if he likes rock music) I like this one myself

Madden 08 for football lovers, Tiger Woods 08 for golf lovers (haven't played them myself :o but hubby enjoys them especially Madden)

And Metroid Prime 3- This by far is my hubby's absolutely favorite Wii game. I don't get it, but he loves it. :yuck:

Games I like to play with the kids are : :yup:

Super Mario Party 8

Playground

Both of these games are for 4 players and they are fun to play with anyone of any age (my youngest is 5 and she can play these), very family orientated.

I am waiting for Mario Kart (driving game) love the arcade version hope this one fun to :fluffy:

Hope this helps:D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

LOL on the money pit comment! I have to agree! but in a good way.

We just signed up for game fly so we can try out games before we buy them!

What is game fly? Where? We just got the Wii for our granchildren's visits, and those games are EXPENSIVE! Thanks for any help.

I finally have the money to get one and cannot find one anywhere! I've already orderd games with my Amazon gc's too! I called target yesterday to see if they had one and they said one left and I got there and they were taking it out and handing it to this lady. I wanted to kick her!

Looks like great exercise....... :yup:

lord knows I need that!!!!

The friends we visited in California on vacation just got a Wii and a Wii Fit (I hooked it up for them).

Though I only scratched the surface of what the Wii Fit can do, it has some cool balance games, aerobics and even stand in place jogging games. The Fit board also functions as a scale and through your height input will automatically calculate your BMI, weight loss, etc. It even keeps track of your fitness goals, progress, and amount of time spent exercising.

For the small amount of time I spent with it, it's quite remarkable. Through the four sensors of the Fit pad, it knows if you are doing the exercises correctly -- or at all -- no slacking off here!

http://www.nintendo.com/wiifit/launch/

Trailer (commercial): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5oNVIcMnZh4

Here's a one-week review from wired.com: http://blog.wired.com/games/2008/03/diary-one-week.html

My wife and I plan to get a Wii and a Wii Fit to go with it...