Debbie Meyers Green Bag, do they work?

I keep seeing the commercials for Debbie Meyers Green Bag saying that they work better than the regular bags in keeping your fruits and vegetables fresh. The commercials look so convincing but has anyone here on GD actually tried them and can give me feedback?

Just found their website. Greenbags.com

Edited by annmarie780
Included link

They are GREAT! My aunt bought them and gave me a couple to try. I was amazed how much longer my lettuce and vegetables last. I have now bought a box for myself and mom. They have them at Bed Bath and Beyond for $9.99 each plus we had a coupon for $5.00 off of $20.00 so they ended up to be $7.50 each and worth every penny!!

They really do work. I have used them with strawberries and celery and tomatoes..lasted

much longer than normal.

What I really love about them is I buy the bagged salad and I am alone so I cannot eat the

whole bag and I dump the rest of the bag into a green bag and it stays fresh. Before I

would attempt to eat the rest of the salad and it would already be brownish and mushy :no:

You can reuse them many times, just rinse with water and let air dry.

Also Debby Meyers sells on HSN now..but I think they are cheaper at the store and there

is no S&H

These are great!!! Work on all sorts of fruits and vegetables. I personaaly didn't have much luck with bagged salad, but I may try it agsin.

I found that if I just put it in there..no rinsing first with anything for these bags and then

gently fold over the top of the bag, it stays really fresh. I don't tie up the top of the bag

or twist it shut if that helps.

Good Luck

BTW it says can be reused 10X..I have used mine way more than that and they are still

very effective

These are great!!! Work on all sorts of fruits and vegetables. I personaaly didn't have much luck with bagged salad, but I may try it agsin.

I found that if I just put it in there..no rinsing first with anything for these bags and then

gently fold over the top of the bag, it stays really fresh. I don't tie up the top of the bag

or twist it shut if that helps.

Good Luck

BTW it says can be reused 10X..I have used mine way more than that and they are still

very effective

Also FYI Qvc has their own brand of these now..they come in different colors and are

a little cheaper. www.iqvc.com

My 5 year old son is obsessed with the commercial and has convinced people to buy them in the store... he convinced my aunt and she had to admit... they do work!

That's so funny you should say that! My 7 yr old son runs around in a panic asking for a pen every time he sees the commercial, "Mom, hurry, we have to get the phone number written down!" :cheesy: He must have the number written on a dozen pieces of paper by now, but he has to do it again every time. :tongue1:

My kids are infomercial afficianados too...when I bought them at bed bath and beyond, my 7yo said "good, so now our carrots will sound like this *snap* instead of looking like this (bending motion)" ***sigh***

I like them; I like salad, but not every day; so right now I have peppers in one, strawbs in another, romaine in a third and celery in a fourth in my veggie drawer. Not a bad deal for $10 when you consider how much goes down the disposal after going bad, kwim?