Washing machine

I'm not sure if this is the place to post, but any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!! I did a search before posting and did not find exactly what I was looking for... I am in the market for a new washing machine(Home Depot has a sale thru Monday). I am debating between GE #WHDRR418GWW , GE #WPRE6100GWT OR MAYTAG #MTW5870, does anyone know if Maytag is better or worse than GE?? The sales lady told me Whirlpool now makes owns/makes Maytag... I want to make a decision by Monday...

I'm not sure if this is the place to post, but any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!! I did a search before posting and did not find exactly what I was looking for... I am in the market for a new washing machine(Home Depot has a sale thru Monday). I am debating between GE #WHDRR418GWW , GE #WPRE6100GWT OR MAYTAG #MTW5870, does anyone know if Maytag is better or worse than GE?? The sales lady told me Whirlpool now makes owns/makes Maytag... I want to make a decision by Monday...

We just had to replace ours last week. We had a GE and bought a Maytag at Lowe's. I personally would NEVER go GE again. For us it was a toss up between Whirlpool and Maytag, and we were told the same thing they are made by the same company. I enede up going Maytag cause I liked it better in the store.

I have had bad luck with GE stuff, the washer and two bad microwaves in the last 3 months !!

None of those models scored well according to Consumer reports.

Here's their Quick picks

For fine performance and efficiency:

• LG WM0642H[W] , $900

• Frigidaire Gallery GLTF2940F , $650, CR Best Buy

Best if your budget is tight:

• GE WJRE5500G[WW] , $480, CR Best Buy

• Estate ETW4400T[Q] , $400

GE's are not ones to last very long. Maytags are tried and true. You also may want to check Sears because Kenmore is VERY good.

I recently purchased a used Kenmore set (they are about 7 years old) from my friend's co-worker. They work better than the brand new GE set that was in my old house.

I recently had to replace my not-so-old GE, also, so I would go with the Maytag from those choices.

When I got my new one, it was from Best Buy and it was dented from when they tried to deliver it the previous week - it was $130 off original price because of the dent. It has a separate place for the downy and another separate place for the bleach, also has a double rinse option. I LOVE these features.

Good luck!

I just bought a Maytag refrigerator and its nice. I have a Whirlpool washing machine that is 37 years old and has never had a service call. *knock on wood*

The automatic ringer will break tomorrow, and you'll have to roll it by hand! :cheesy:

http://www.riverrestresort.com/images/antiquewasher.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
So which one did you choose? I have to buy one soon too, our dryer stopped working today, DH got it working again but I know it's only a matter of time til they are broke for good, Sears is having a sale, I'm leaning towards Bosch or Whirlpool Duet, but I think i'm gonna go with a cheaper dryer, there really doesn't seem too many reasons to get the really expensive dryers.

So which one did you choose? I have to buy one soon too, our dryer stopped working today, DH got it working again but I know it's only a matter of time til they are broke for good, Sears is having a sale, I'm leaning towards Bosch or Whirlpool Duet, but I think i'm gonna go with a cheaper dryer, there really doesn't seem too many reasons to get the really expensive dryers.

I actually purchased the Maytag..Got free delivery, 10% off, $25 home depot gift card...I just started using it today..so we will see. Also free financing for 12 mos on Home Depot ard, I will have it paid off by then!!!

I just started using mine today and it is a little noisy!!!

Edited by mahalia52
Update

I went with the Bosch 500 Nexxt series for $899 and then went with a whirlpool dryer for $450. Free delivery for us too and we went to a mom and pop local place that gave our 3 kids t-shirts cause they were so good in the store while we were talking and making the purchase. We won't get ours til middle of next week they had to order the dryer, I can't wait to use it, I hope I like it as much as I think I will!

None of those models scored well according to Consumer reports.

Here's their Quick picks

For fine performance and efficiency:

• LG WM0642H[W] , $900

• Frigidaire Gallery GLTF2940F , $650, CR Best Buy

Best if your budget is tight:

• GE WJRE5500G[WW] , $480, CR Best Buy

• Estate ETW4400T[Q] , $400

I am returning the Maytag today, it is terrible!!!

• 5 weeks later...

Wondered if anyone knew of a Sears appliance sale for washers and dryers? DH was approved for a Sears card, so we will likley purchase there for the frequent interest-free deals.

I'd also love to hear any more advice you might have on an energy star front-loading washer that has a large capacity. We can get a $50 rebate in our state (from our electric company & state energy efficiency company) for the purchase of an energy star washing machine! We'll also need a new dryer, but as someone mentioned above, I think we will consider getting a different brand as long as the capacity is the same.

Can you use a Sears card at the Sears Appliance Outlet stores?

Wondered if anyone knew of a Sears appliance sale for washers and dryers? DH was approved for a Sears card, so we will likley purchase there for the frequent interest-free deals.

I'd also love to hear any more advice you might have on an energy star front-loading washer that has a large capacity. We can get a $50 rebate in our state (from our electric company & state energy efficiency company) for the purchase of an energy star washing machine! We'll also need a new dryer, but as someone mentioned above, I think we will consider getting a different brand as long as the capacity is the same.

Can you use a Sears card at the Sears Appliance Outlet stores?

DH & I are planning on looking for our new washer & dryer during Memorial Day weekend, there are usually lots of great sales during a holiday weekend.