Tesco Fresh and Easy Supermarket Hints

soccermuppet

I know Fresh and Easy right now is only on the west coast, I think California, Nevada and Arizona. They have a variety of fresh foods that are made daily and they all have the "best if used by" dates stamped on the packages. They have items like spaghetti with meatballs, lasagna, raviolis, chili with rice, etc.....these meals are mostly for 2 people and are very inexpensive ($3.95-$4.50) They can be purchased fresh and frozen for a month. Here is the great deal......

If you go, and you see something that is due to expire on that day, they will sell it to you for 50% off. I came home with so much food that can feed DS11 and I for soooooo cheap!!!

I just threw it all in the freezer. The quantities are very large and the lasagna could feed 3 if you made a salad and garlic bread. Everything we have had is delicious!!!

They do this with their fresh pizza dough as well (down to .54 cents at half off) and bread and pastries.....

I drive by one 3 times a week, so I know we will always be stocked up for food, because it is all microwaveable in their own packages they are great to take to work!!!!!

:D

I used to live in the UK as well......they are not selling British products, but it still reminds me of the store......they have the typical daffodils and flowers right when you walk in......had the spaghetti for lunch...it was good!! They do have creme fraiche, I was happy!!!

I think I could spend all day in the cream and cheeses aisle...*sigh*

I haven't had time to stop by the new one that opened up in our area. It is very much off the beaten path for me, but I had heard wonderful things about them. I'll have to stop by the next time I am in that neighborhood. They took over a location abandoned by Vons (Safeway) and renovated it. I was glad to see it didn't get left empty. I saw another one being built in an area I travel to about once a month, so maybe I'll get to visit them once in a while at least.

Stopped by tonight, was shopping for some fresh pasta and the guy that was making samples asked me if I was going home to cook, I said yes (how can you beat cheese tortellini for two for 1.79???) He gave me a FREE BBq Chicken Pizza, because today was the sell by date. We refrigerated the pasta, ate the pizza, it was tasty!!!! Hats off to Fresh and Easy (not to mention 2 giant cream puffs for 2.00 on clearnace tonight....about to be served for dessert!!)

Thanks OP for the tip...I was near a Fresh and Easy today, picked up Mac n Cheese for DD at half off, Tiramusu for Dh, half off, and fruit and vegtables half off as well. Great deals on easy lunches....

was the tiramisu a full pie of it, or only 2 slices? I know that they have ready to make meals for 2 and was not sure if the tiramisu was one of those desserts for 2?

The tiramusu was in a square container, it might have been intended for 2, DH ate it tonight and really enjoyed it (I don't really like it, funny cause I drink coffee and he doesn't).

They also had chocolate cheesecake 2 slices in a container marked down to $2.

I also saw mashed potatos in a container for $1, they looked like they could be frozen/microwaved easily.

I'm going to check back when I'm in that area....

There is a new one less than a half mile from me, just opened about 2 months ago but I hadn't had a chance to check it out until last week. It's not some place I would do my regular "stock up" grocery shopping but they certainly got the name right when the named it Fresh and Easy. I picked up some good deals on mark down produce and bakery. And they have been sending out $5 off on $20 coupons in the mail weekly. I will definitely be stopping by there on days when I need to pick up something quick for dinner.

The tiramusu was in a square container, it might have been intended for 2, DH ate it tonight and really enjoyed it (I don't really like it, funny cause I drink coffee and he doesn't).

They also had chocolate cheesecake 2 slices in a container marked down to $2.

I also saw mashed potatos in a container for $1, they looked like they could be frozen/microwaved easily.

I'm going to check back when I'm in that area....

which location did you visit, and did you go in th morning or evening. I want to make sure when I go, I am going at the right time to catch the markdowns..

I used to live in the UK as well......they are not selling British products, but it still reminds me of the store......they have the typical daffodils and flowers right when you walk in......had the spaghetti for lunch...it was good!! They do have creme fraiche, I was happy!!!

Spaghetti warning.....don't freeze it, if you do , the meatballs are inedible, I will bring this up to the store when I go back, I bought three packs and thought maybe I had overcooked it.....tried different settings, nope.....meatballs:yuck: everythime......

which location did you visit, and did you go in th morning or evening. I want to make sure when I go, I am going at the right time to catch the markdowns..

They start the markdowns in the mornings, but if it is not marked down yet, just ask them and they will mark it down, the one by my house told me to come before noon....it starts to fly off after that.....

Bought a pack of 6 cupcakes that they were sampling out of the store tonight....chocolate with choc frosting, brought them to my friends for dinner (on clearance may i add for 2.00 ) we all thought they were the best cupcakes we have ever had and my friends husband thought I got them at a bakery!! Go Fresh and Easy!!!