Walgreens $5 off $20 Jan 31 ONLY

siczlo

I made out great with this today. Give them the coupon before your mfrg coupons!

2 pack Sonicare brush refills $19.99

1 Schick razor $3.19

less $5.00 coupon

less $2.00 mfrg coupon for razor

less $5.00 mfrg coupon for Sonicare

total was $12.xx

and I have a $5.00 rebate on the brush heads!

Will go back later on tonight for the Fuzion razor promo and the covergirl promo!

Okay, so I got up bright and early and headed to Walgreens with my $5.00/$20.00 coupon and here's what I got. :thumbsup:

Shick Quatrro Razor x 3 @ $3.19 each

Loreal Balance Powder x 1 @ $3.19

Maaolox w/Berry Multi Symptom Liquid x 1 @ $3.19

Maaolox w/Berry Liquid Gels x 1 @ 3.59

Walgreens Disney Shampoo x 1 @ $.75

Walgreens Disney Vapor Bath x 1 @ $.75

Glad Sandwich Bags x 2 @ $1.19 each

Excedrin 100 cnt + 24 cnt Bonus x 1 @ $2.39

Coupons Used:

1 x $5/$25 Purchase

3 x $4.00 off Shick Quatrro Razor

1 x $1.00 off 2 Glad products

2 x $1.00 off any Maalox product

2 x $2.00 off any Maalox product Easy Saver Q

1 x WG Catalina for $2.00 off Excedrin 100 cnt or lrgr

1 x $2.00 off any Loreal makeup

Total Savings: $74.58

WAG Advertised Savings $53.58

MFG Coupon Savings $21.00

Total OOP: $.34!!! Did the endzone dance and my cashier was really happy for me!!! :hysterical:

I made out great with this today. Give them the coupon before your mfrg coupons!

2 pack Sonicare brush refills $19.99

1 Schick razor $3.19

less $5.00 coupon

less $2.00 mfrg coupon for razor

less $5.00 mfrg coupon for Sonicare

total was $12.xx

and I have a $5.00 rebate on the brush heads!

Will go back later on tonight for the Fuzion razor promo and the covergirl promo!

They did this same deal on Dec. 18th. I DID give them the $5 off $20 before coupons and the store manager said NO WAY! It has to be AFTER all coupons. I pointed out that the coupon did not state that, he mumbles, I pay quietly and came home to write corporate. Long story short, a $5 bill showed up in my mailbox 2 days later.;):tongue1:

Okay, so I got up bright and early and headed to Walgreens with my $5.00/$20.00 coupon and here's what I got. :thumbsup:

Shick Quatrro Razor x 3 @ $3.19 each

Loreal Balance Powder x 1 @ $3.19

Maaolox w/Berry Multi Symptom Liquid x 1 @ $3.19

Maaolox w/Berry Liquid Gels x 1 @ 3.59

Walgreens Disney Shampoo x 1 @ $.75

Walgreens Disney Vapor Bath x 1 @ $.75

Glad Sandwich Bags x 2 @ $1.19 each

Excedrin 100 cnt + 24 cnt Bonus x 1 @ $2.39

Coupons Used:

1 x $5/$25 Purchase

3 x $4.00 off Shick Quatrro Razor

1 x $1.00 off 2 Glad products

2 x $1.00 off any Maalox product

2 x $2.00 off any Maalox product Easy Saver Q

1 x WG Catalina for $2.00 off Excedrin 100 cnt or lrgr

1 x $2.00 off any Loreal makeup

Total Savings: $74.58

WAG Advertised Savings $53.58

MFG Coupon Savings $21.00

Total OOP: $.34!!! Did the endzone dance and my cashier was really happy for me!!! :hysterical:

WOW is all I can say thats great! So the shick quattro razor are only 3.19 at walgreens????? and you can use a 4.00 Q??? do they adjust it or can you have an overage!

They did this same deal on Dec. 18th. I DID give them the $5 off $20 before coupons and the store manager said NO WAY! It has to be AFTER all coupons. I pointed out that the coupon did not state that, he mumbles, I pay quietly and came home to write corporate. Long story short, a $5 bill showed up in my mailbox 2 days later.;):tongue1:

they try to act like manufactures coupons come out of their pockets or something... I have it when they try to act all sheepish....:blush:

They did the $5/$20 twice in December and this is the first time this year they have done, but you can sign up for email alerts at their website and they will send you a link for your coupon when they do have the promotion going on..and yes, the razors gave me overage that applied to my balance...lI believe the razors were clearaced out to make room for the new ones (they are orange w/silver and say Shick Quattro power and come with a battery and button you push) last week I bought a bunch of stuff and after my mnfctr Qs and their ES Qs my total on register said they owed me $.44 and so I bought a soda, cuz I felt bad about walking out of there with 3 bags worth of stuff and them paying me to do it..lol

I went to my local store today to use the $5 off $20 coupon. My first total was $23.95 b/4 tax and coupons. I wanted to use the $5 coupon first and then my manufacture coupons. The cashier was having difficulty scanning the coupon and called the manager. He saw my other coupons and would not allow me to use this unless my after-coupon total was over $20. He was completely rude and arrogant. He was short with the cashier and said it was like stealing to try to use both coupons on the same items. I was completely humiliated. The customer behind me was even telling him I had purchased the correct total. There were two other customers in line behind me. He finally sent them to another register without apologizing. It did not state anywhere on the coupon that the total had to be $20 after using my manufacturer coupons. After I added more items to my purchase, the coupon still would not scan. He then made the poor cashier void the transaction and redo it. In the end he had to manually enter the coupon and was very frustrated. He was abusive to the cashier as if she had done something wrong. She was so upset her hands were shaking. This manager was the head manager of the store, according to the cashier. I have sent a report to all contact departments off their website. I hope they reply. Sorry, I had to vent.

Mom of Five:(

I went to my local store today to use the $5 off $20 coupon. My first total was $23.95 b/4 tax and coupons. I wanted to use the $5 coupon first and then my manufacture coupons. The cashier was having difficulty scanning the coupon and called the manager. He saw my other coupons and would not allow me to use this unless my after-coupon total was over $20. He was completely rude and arrogant. He was short with the cashier and said it was like stealing to try to use both coupons on the same items. I was completely humiliated. The customer behind me was even telling him I had purchased the correct total. There were two other customers in line behind me. He finally sent them to another register without apologizing. It did not state anywhere on the coupon that the total had to be $20 after using my manufacturer coupons. After I added more items to my purchase, the coupon still would not scan. He then made the poor cashier void the transaction and redo it. In the end he had to manually enter the coupon and was very frustrated. He was abusive to the cashier as if she had done something wrong. She was so upset her hands were shaking. This manager was the head manager of the store, according to the cashier. I have sent a report to all contact departments off their website. I hope they reply. Sorry, I had to vent.

Don't apologize. We've all been there. I'm sorry you had to deal with a rude manager.

That can certainly ruin an otherwise uplifting shopping experience. There are a few stores

and restaurants I have been to where the cashiers & waiters have been so rude. I'm afraid

to go back cuz they always recognize me. Like I'm causing trouble for shopping at their

stores!

Don't let them see your other coupons until after they have scanned the $5 off in the future if they have given you problems. And then if they say anything you can ask where it says that? And then point out that Walgreens lets you combing their coupons with manufacturers coupons all the time, they even advertise in their ad papers that they do.

I did that and got a very quick reply form both corporate AND the store manager. He emailed an apology and sent me a $5 bill in the mail the next day.