Free ringtones?

www.myxertones.com

It is sent via a text mesage. Some do cost, but most are free. You can even make your own by uploading a song and picking that certain part of the song to make as the ringtone. I have Verizon and they always seem to have issues with Verizon customers- it may take a few hours or days to receive the ringtone.

www.myxertones.com

It is sent via a text mesage. Some do cost, but most are free. You can even make your own by uploading a song and picking that certain part of the song to make as the ringtone. I have Verizon and they always seem to have issues with Verizon customers- it may take a few hours or days to receive the ringtone.

it said check if you are a verizon customers. what did verizon do to them. I love verizon

it said check if you are a verizon customers. what did verizon do to them. I love verizon

Verizon is quite particular about what will work on your phone.. I believe it needs to be sent in a different format. I have verizon and have LOVED the tones I get on Myxertones!

verizon disables EVERYTHING on their phones so you'd have to pay for their services. myxtertones is the easiest place to have the ringtone created for you and sent to your phone via text message.

the other way around it for verizon is to create the file yourself and email it to your phone, but that's not easy.

I don't understand the text message: "use your phone's menu to follow this link"? How?

when I open my message, I just go to my options and save as a ringtone. I have no idea what it's telling your phone- what is your carrier? There is a help page at myxertones.com, maybe they can help. Sorry:o

Jodi

After reading this thread, I tried out myxer.com. Oh my gosh was it soooo easy. I was naive (sp?) and thought that I had to purchase ringtones. I understand that standard download fees from my provider apply, but for the actual ringtone free.... that's a steal. Plus, I was able to customize ringtones to fit what I wanted. I am soooo happy :). I am so glad I read this thread. Thanks to OP.

I'm with Cingular and both get charged. If I receive a text message from someone I don't know.... even if I don't open it. I am charged. If I send a text, I am charged. Also for downloading these songs... I am charged the internet fee. It is all pretty minimal for a few, but would add up quickly for many uses.

Sorry.... it's AT and T.... always forget.

Thanks for the site!

Question about text messages

Would the person that SENDS the text message be the one to be charged for the text message?

If you answer and download the text message (ringtone) do you get charged?

if the sender sent you a message from their phone: they are charged

if you receive a message on your phone: you are charged

there is a charge associated with sending data from one phone to the other. if you have a monthly plan that figures in a certain number of text messages, then you've already paid for it unless you go over your monthly allotment.

otherwise, it's only like 0.15 per text message, compared to the 2 bucks they usually charge for a ringtone.

I'm with Cingular and both get charged. If I receive a text message from someone I don't know.... even if I don't open it. I am charged. If I send a text, I am charged. Also for downloading these songs... I am charged the internet fee. It is all pretty minimal for a few, but would add up quickly for many uses.

Sorry.... it's AT and T.... always forget.

I did have this blocked on my phone. So I went to the website and was able to unblock this till I get a couple of new ringtones.

Go to www.cingular.com (easier to type)

sign in

and on the right side it says

Rate Plans and Features - click

Add Manage Feature - click

scroll down to Manage Existing Features

and to block click WIX Blocked