Question's About The WII

Ok, got it 2 controller's. Now do we have to purchase the tennis racket, baseball bat, and etc to play their games or can we still use the main controller?

Sorry for being ignorant, but we have no clue when it come's to these things.

Thanks!!!

You can play the games with the main controllers (wii motes/nunchucks) without the tennis raquet, baseball bat and etc. Those things are make to hold the remotes to make it feel more like you are playing the game. My kids are dying to add those but I am about spend out on the wii things right now. LOL DD9 has the Hannah Montana game and LOVES it. We also have Boogie, which we bought with the microphone and the whole family thinks it's a riot.

I was thinking about buying the sports add-on package, but opted against it. My kids are hard on toys and we've already had a Wii injury. DD walked in front of DS while playing tennis. Rec'd an overhand shot to the top of the head. (nuthin' an icepack and some motrin couldn't cure.) Save the money for another game since they're priced so high right now.

really, you don't need the sports package, especially if they don't have a lot of room to move around in. the wiimote already does a great job.

if you wanted to teach your kids how to REALLY play tennis, then maybe consider it. the wiimote doesn't do a great job of mimicking all the nuances of tennis, but the swinging at least is fun.

I was thinking about buying the sports add-on package, but opted against it. My kids are hard on toys and we've already had a Wii injury. DD walked in front of DS while playing tennis. Rec'd an overhand shot to the top of the head. (nuthin' an icepack and some motrin couldn't cure.) Save the money for another game since they're priced so high right now.

I had to laugh when I read that, as we have had a "Wii related injury" as well. DS8 was so into bowling that he didn't let go of the b button and bowled himself into the entertainment center, just as you would if you didn't let go of an actual bowling ball. (Or at least i figure that's what he did.) Once I realized he wasn't hurt too badly, it was really hilarious. It's amazing to me that you really get the sensation you are doing the activity.

I had to laugh when I read that, as we have had a "Wii related injury" as well. DS8 was so into bowling that he didn't let go of the b button and bowled himself into the entertainment center, just as you would if you didn't let go of an actual bowling ball. (Or at least i figure that's what he did.) Once I realized he wasn't hurt too badly, it was really hilarious. It's amazing to me that you really get the sensation you are doing the activity.

LOL my DS 7 had a Wii bowling injury too....he was throwing his ball, and for some reason he followed through "all the way" with his hand and hit himself in the head (HARD) with the Wiimote....It was so funny when it happened, but them the tears hit... again it was more about bruised ego and embarrassment...LOL

my mom had a Wii bowling incident with my dog! She was "throwing" the ball and my dog decided to try and sneak past real quick right at that moment and her hand connected with my dog's snout- of course, my dog let out a huge yelp and looked stunned- my mom looked like she was going to cry because she felt so bad! Needless to say, no one was really hurt, but my dog has been staying a little more away when we are playing ;)

Oh yeah, after reading the article about what to expect in the year to come and should you wait to buy the Wii- I don't think I would- for the ages of your children listed there are plenty of games- the games that the "critics" look for would be way beyond what your kids would want (or you would want them to play) at this point anyway.

It's amazing to me that you really get the sensation you are doing the activity.

I can't do a lot of sports activities because of a messed up back, and thought "aha!" when we got this. I tried doing the fitness level check things and found that my back thinks I'm doing it all real-time too- especially with the baseball and bowling. Haven't even tried the boxing! :no:

my mom had a Wii bowling incident with my dog! She was "throwing" the ball and my dog decided to try and sneak past real quick right at that moment and her hand connected with my dog's snout- of course, my dog let out a huge yelp and looked stunned- my mom looked like she was going to cry because she felt so bad! Needless to say, no one was really hurt, but my dog has been staying a little more away when we are playing ;)

Oh yeah, after reading the article about what to expect in the year to come and should you wait to buy the Wii- I don't think I would- for the ages of your children listed there are plenty of games- the games that the "critics" look for would be way beyond what your kids would want (or you would want them to play) at this point anyway.

awww...our doggie has to go out on the deck when we play ANYTHING on the wii...she gets so excited and jumps on us or trys to bite our hands!:(

We had this accident at our house too with one of our great danes!

this makes me laugh. we've coined a new word at our house

Wiijury

DD16 is currently sporting an arm wrapped in an Ace bandage from her Wiijury. She was playing Pirates of the Caribbean and her poor arm was so tired after doing all that sword battling.

I'm returning the sports pack that I picked up for the remotes. Unless you have a huge area that you can play in, the possibility that one will smack the other is extremely high.

love the wii and games but the sports stuff isn't needed. We bought it for Christmas and have used them once and they are laying beside the wii. Makes it easier to hit someone with them even though they are padded. Prob best is the bat if had to say one.

this makes me laugh. we've coined a new word at our house

Wiijury

DD16 is currently sporting an arm wrapped in an Ace bandage from her Wiijury. She was playing Pirates of the Caribbean and her poor arm was so tired after doing all that sword battling.

I'm returning the sports pack that I picked up for the remotes. Unless you have a huge area that you can play in, the possibility that one will smack the other is extremely high.

LOL! We call it an "OwWii" here!

DD4 and DS6 have run into the TV a few times while bowling and I almost sprained my wrist playing Mario Party 8 in a few of the mini games. We are having such a good time with it that the pain seems to go away quiickly! ;)

P.S. We have the Nerf Sports pack, and I think we have used it once, maybe twice. It is fun, but getting the Wiimotes in and out of the holder is a little hard for the kids, so they kind of lost interest.