Costco

mal

I absolutely love Costco!!!! I had BJ's for years and went occasionally, but now I have BJ's and Costco and I rarely go to BJ's any more. Costco is awesome!!! It's about 1/2 hour from my house but I end up going there almost weekly.

:D almost EVERYTHING is at least 30 minutes from my house!

you always get coupons in the mail from costco. i just got one for the month of january, plus one that goes through march.

if you buy in bulk, it could be worth it for you. i just like having the membership to get water when i have a chance to go there. it's 10 miles a away, but a huge PITA to get there and park.

Even when Costco was an HOUR from our house, we still went at least once every three weeks to stock up (mainly on frozen stuff or stuff we could freeze anyway). It was WORTH it!

We're now 15 min away and go as often as we have time for. Not everything is a great deal, but many things are. Plus, you can find clothes for good prices (talking name brands for cheaper than retail). :)

We've been Costco members for years and I can't say enough good things about them. It's not just the bulk items (we're a family of four so I don't always buy my staples there.) We get our eyeglasses and contacts there (for about a quarter of the optician's price,) tires, all of our meat, iTunes cards, batteries. In addition, we set up our Sharebuilder accounts through Costco, and we've bought cars using the Costco auto buying program. Their "house" brand (Kirkland) is frequently listed as a Best Buy in Consumer Reports for various products: I use Kirkland dish washing liquid, laundry detergent and garbage bags. Kirkland has to be as good or better than the leading national brand for them to start carrying it.

HTH

RobD

I love Costco, but usually tag along with a friend because I don't have the extra money to buy a membership. Anyone know if there are ever discounts on memberships?

I dont believe they ever have discounted memberships...But what you can do is split the cost of the membership...I do this with a friend...One year she pays and the next year I pay...We each have a card...Makes it so you only have to pay the membership every other year...

Or you can split the membership and you both pay $25 each year....

quick question about that - is it a made while you shop experience or do you have to come back to get the glasses?

You have to come back to pick them up...They send them out...and they do take a while...But its so worth it as they are the cheapest for glasses and contacts I have ever seen...

Also have great prescription prices there too....

Ok, been a member for years...Live in Washington State where they started...how in the heck do you share membership? I understand splitting the fee, but how do you each get a card? It's supposed to be a free card for your spouse, at least that was the way it use to be...or do you guys pretend to be....well you know...???? LMAO!! No intent on offending anyone....;)

I dont believe they ever have discounted memberships...But what you can do is split the cost of the membership...I do this with a friend...One year she pays and the next year I pay...We each have a card...Makes it so you only have to pay the membership every other year...

Or you can split the membership and you both pay $25 each year....

Ok, been a member for years...Live in Washington State where they started...how in the heck do you share membership? I understand splitting the fee, but how do you each get a card? It's supposed to be a free card for your spouse, at least that was the way it use to be...or do you guys pretend to be....well you know...???? LMAO!! No intent on offending anyone....;)

you just say you're sharing it. they don't really care it seems. my brother and my mom split a membership.

does anyone know what's in the "welcome tote"?

also, if you know someone with a costco membership, have them buy costco gift cards for you...that way you don't need a membership, since you can use the gift cards withOUT the membership

Does anyone know where to get a free day pass for Costco or Sams? I'd like to check them

out. I get a free BJ's membership with my job and I do like BJ's but it doesn't hurt to check

out other options :tongue1:

When you get to Costco or Sam's, go up to the exit and tell them you want to get a pass from customer service just to look around.

At Sam's Club they will actually let you shop with the pass but just charge an extra 10% non member fee. At Costco you can not shop there without buying the membership (or going with a friend and giving your friend cash for your items)

does anyone know what's in the "welcome tote"?

also, if you know someone with a costco membership, have them buy costco gift cards for you...that way you don't need a membership, since you can use the gift cards withOUT the membership

Really??? Not needing a membership, but can use the costco cash cards there...HHmmmm, anyone else know about this? I've always known it to be you HAVE to have a membership, and they DO NOT give guest passes...period!

Unless things have changed, or maybe just specific areas???That could be too....

Really??? Not needing a membership, but can use the costco cash cards there...HHmmmm, anyone else know about this? I've always known it to be you HAVE to have a membership, and they DO NOT give guest passes...period!

Unless things have changed, or maybe just specific areas???That could be too....

i've heard of the costco gift card as a way around the membership requirement. but if you spend more than the gift card they may make you buy the membership.

i've never done it though.

I absolutely love Costco. I have been a member for over 6 years. They have all sorts of great quality items other than bulk food items. I also love their customer service. I think I remember having a conversation with the cashier as he was explaining to buy gift cards for friends for Costco.

I have loved my glasses that I purchased at Costco. It took about 4 days to get the glasses, but they were so cheap! They have all kinds of designer frames, etc. I have heard that you do NOT have to be a Costco member to use the pharmacy.

i've heard of the costco gift card as a way around the membership requirement. but if you spend more than the gift card they may make you buy the membership.

i've never done it though.

My grandmother sent us gift cards for Christmas a couple years ago. Both Costcos we went to and all cashiers and managers gave us SUCH a hassle about using the gift cards without having a membership.