Question about deals when a store closes

So one of the Macy's near me is liquidating and closing completely; the saleswoman said they are going to start upping sales price on the 13th and have until March to get rid of all of their inventory.

I am wondering if anyone knows if they would liquidate things such as Coach bags or anything designer, or would they probably just transfer those to another Macy's?

Thanks if anyone knows!

when macy's bought some of the robinson may stores out here and started consolidating, the things that were usually exempt were all cosmetics and fragrances, and designer bags. they can just transfer them to other stores.

if it's already reduced, you might have a shot.

i don't know if they'll keep the designer items. i worked for a sunglass retailer that closed a location -- all the high end and designer frames were transferred to other stores. other items were discounted up to 50% and whatever wasn't sold was sent back to the distribution center.

on a side note our toys r us is closing, currently everything is 20-40% off, i'm hoping it drops further.

i've been to a couple Macy's closings in the last year. I have seen designer purses and fragrances at both. The only exempt items were the cosmetics - which they mostly moved to other stores I would think. Cosmetics are probably exempt since the companies (like Clinique) seem to run them instead of Macy's running them.

The prices aren't really raised (but in a way they are). Basically everything is on sale at xx% off the "original" price. Some great deals can be found in the small electronics and kitchenware areas. Items that never really go on sale will be marked down with the rest of the store. Of course know how long to hold out though! I wanted a couple items and didn't get them before they were gone, but I did get some fragrances for 50% off.

i don't know if they'll keep the designer items. i worked for a sunglass retailer that closed a location -- all the high end and designer frames were transferred to other stores. other items were discounted up to 50% and whatever wasn't sold was sent back to the distribution center.

on a side note our toys r us is closing, currently everything is 20-40% off, i'm hoping it drops further.

Which Toys R Us is closing?

I don't know if Macys is in trouble or not, but since they bought out all those stores a few years back they had multiple locations very close to each other. Some in the same mall so they ended up closing a lot of stores in my area. Some were right away and others were much much later.