Steve & Barry's

Promom

• 8 months later...

::bump::

I just found the list of their 100+ stores that are closing on their website. The one in my area is not due to close. However, all of the locations are supossed to be participating in the "closing" sale prices. I was just wondering if anyone has been there lately? I'm mostly interested in the SJP line, for jackets/coats for the fall/winter season!!

• 2 weeks later...

I drove by ours yesterday and it said everything was $4.98 but I didn't actually stop.

No actually it doesn't if you read real carefully lol. Thats what I thought when I drove by the one in my area. The sign actually had in real big letters everything $4.98, and in small letters "and up." Can't see that till you've actually stopped.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I went this weekend...store was a crazy mess...no associates to help

I bought a jacket for my grandpa...size collar on the hanger said XL...guess I should have checked the inside of the coat, but I was tired and frustrated and didn't....well, coat was NOT an XL and I cant exchange it...store is about 20 minutes away from me, which isn't terrible, but there is NOTHING else nearby that I need to go there for...I hate that I am going to have to repurchase this coat and now have a coat that I can't give to anyone (money is so tight right now that I don't know if I can even afford to spend the gas to go there and back just for one item)

soooo frustraiting....

The store in Greenville, SC was almost cleaned out, but what was left was strewn all over the place. Looks like they took the popular technique of raising the prices so they could run everything 30-40% off. For example, a Navy hooded sweatshirt we bought a few months ago for $8.99 (regular price) is now $13.99 and 30% off.

It's a shame they're closing though - they had the best fitting jeans for our son.....

I don't know how true this is but we went to ours here in Carbondale and I asked the clerk why the signs no longer said that they were staying open. He said it was because the whole company went bankrupt and they are closing all the stores. He said they would try to stay open til the end of the year but he wasn't sure if they could. Just thought I would pass that info on to everyone! :)