Walmart Toy Clearance

raycesmommy

I was at my local (Iowa) Wal-Mart last night and thought I would note some of the toy clearance I came across. Nothing spectactular (although I did get my son a set of number puzzles (1 to 20) for $1.00). They had some Leap Frog floor puzzles for $3.00. I did see that the Fisher Price Piano cartridges were marked down to $7. They also had some Thomas the Train Duplo lego sets marked down to $18 and $13 respectively (I will be watching these to see if they go lower). They had these in a specific clearance section, but also had clearance toys through the toys aisles so keep that in mind. Otherwise nothing really caught my eye, but I was also in a hurry as my hubby was with me. LOL :rolleyes: Just thought I would share.....

I was able to score the diego jeep from Black Friday for $59.00. I had looked everywhere for one right after and there were none to be found. This must have been a return, or they found it in the back. Wal-mart.com still carries this for $120. So needless to say, I was quite happy!

I was able to score the diego jeep from Black Friday for $59.00. I had looked everywhere for one right after and there were none to be found. This must have been a return, or they found it in the back. Wal-mart.com still carries this for $120. So needless to say, I was quite happy!

How cool! I wish they had more my son would love that. What Wal-mart did you find it at?

Walmart is a serious Your Mileage May Vary kinda place for clearance! They do it at the individual store level, and ours is HORRIBLE! That is putting it nicely. They had the same stuff in the clearance section for 2 full months without making any major markdowns. they just left it there taking up space. They apparently get a budget for their markdowns, and they can only do so much per period. It is allocated from above, but they have to do it manually at the local level. We almost never get good deals. Those Legos you mentioned would never go below 25% off. They'd just sit on the shelf until someone paid that price.

One of my stores had 40% off select toys - I got a Lego Star Wars Sith Infiltrator for 40% off at $19.00. It is a limited edition and my son will love it for his birthday this Tuesday. There were other toys as well in the 40% off sale - you just had to look for the signs under the toys.

Another Wal-Mart didn't have the 40% off it just had some random toys marked down some.

I have to agree the Wal-Mart's in my area don't really mark down very much. I think a lot depends on how busy they are. There is a Wal-Mart near me that is PACKED most of the time. It is the only Wal-Mart in our little suburban area for at least 15 miles so everybody here in Olathe shops there. I can't wait until the other Wal-Mart opens on the westside of town so maybe the store won't be so crowded.

Hello STLmom... The power wheel was in Union, MO.

When were you at the Union Walmart? Did you see that Caranium Fort thing that was marked down. I meant to go back and get it the other night but I didnt.. I wonder if its still there. Guess I will stop on the way home

Was just in the Maplewood, MO Walmart and very little left at 75% off...did get some of the lip gloss sets for $.72 for valentine and easter baskets!!! There were hardly any toys left either in the toy sections or in the Clearance aisle!!! They did have a lot of garlands and ornaments and wrapping paper left as well as dishes and cups (the glass kind).

When were you at the Union Walmart? Did you see that Caranium Fort thing that was marked down. I meant to go back and get it the other night but I didnt.. I wonder if its still there. Guess I will stop on the way home

Those cranium forts were clearanced at the one in Waterloo (on the IL side) - $35.00

Tonka ride-ons w/ bonus cars - $21.00

Fisher Price Digital Art Studio - $30.00

Bratz Pups - $5.00

Ninja Turtle 13" TV - $65.00

Rose Petal Cottage - $49.00

My Throne Barbie - $30.00

they are definitely clearance at Target, and they do theirs at approximately the same time nationally, so you can bet on finding it. Can't remember if it was 30% or 50%, but they had a lot.

Walmart is a serious Your Mileage May Vary kinda place for clearance! They do it at the individual store level, and ours is HORRIBLE! That is putting it nicely. They had the same stuff in the clearance section for 2 full months without making any major markdowns. they just left it there taking up space. They apparently get a budget for their markdowns, and they can only do so much per period. It is allocated from above, but they have to do it manually at the local level. We almost never get good deals. Those Legos you mentioned would never go below 25% off. They'd just sit on the shelf until someone paid that price.

Same here, I've been in 2 different Walmarts this week, Totally inconsistent on markdowns...& the same junk in the clearance aisle(s). Picked up a Spiderman 'wall-graffix' at one store for $1.00......Saw the same thing today at different store marked down to $7.00 !!??!! :confused:

Ran into Wal-Mart today to get some stuff for school. And walked by the bicycles.

There was a girls' 20 inch bike, mainly white & pink colors, on clearance for $21. There were two of them in my store, the same ones at the same price.

Then there were some of the little iddy biddy bikes with training wheels for clearance price of $15. I THINK one was a Diego bike, but don't quote me. And I don't know the size but maybe 12 or 14 inches, quite small.

Hth someone!

My Wal-Mart's clearance was mostly disappointing with a few surprises mixed in. Many "Clearance" items were less than 10% off.

The good = Dora talking doll house $4x.xx

The bad = many still full price in the clearance aisle

The ugly = BF $5 kids jammies (yeah, the even too low-quality for Wal-Mart, extra-small, tissue-thin ones that nobody who actually looked at them bought) now $4.96, lol.

Our Walmart clearanced ALL 2006 Christmas and mark down toys in Nov 2007 ( 3 isles of toys!) if it was over 30.00 they marked them $5 anything that was clearanced 29. or under was only $1!!!!

I missed the first day and most was all gone. I got a couple of 70 items for $5!! and tons of $1 items.

I LOVE my Walmart. It is also the most organized and cleanest I have EVER been in.

Arab AL