Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2008

Gator Pam

Dollar spot was still at 50% at one store and called another and it's 75%. I will hit that store after work and hope that some of the stuff I want is still there. I checked the toys and most was 30% off but did see Pirates of the Carribean swords for 75%.

Target dollor $pot was 75% off on red dot today. I finally found some of the PlayDoh caddies.. but guess what.. they scanned $18.95 !! Oh well, congrats to all that found them for 75% off. They were marking summer shoes down further today and were stocking TONS of new toys.

What Target were you at?? The one in Tulsa still has it for 50% off.

75% off finds at Plano, TX:

###086002386 Backyard Safari Net Gun 3.74 was 14.99

###086002384 Tail Fins Flying Disc 2.48 was 9.99

###204020949 Meg Bow .74 was 2.99

###204121119 Soft Dino .48 was 1.99

###086002389 Backyard Safari Eagle Eyes Binoculars 2.62 was 10.49

###086002386 Backyard Safari Hornet Swarm Blaster 3.74 was 14.99

###081042088 RoseArt Pirate Ship Activity Set 3.74 was 14.99

###204021228 Wave Jump Rope .94 was 3.79

###204020977 Crossbow Shooter 3.87 was 15.49

50% off finds:

###207121799 PS2 Buzz Mega Quizz w/4 controllers 19.98 was 39.99

###084180712 Cutter Family Mosquito wipes 1.98 was 3.99

Found the last Playdoh caddy at the Stellhorn (Fort Wayne, In) store for 4.74. I was by the Glenbrook store and scored 2 MM Fruit Punch! I was so excited, it's my favorite...I mean, my kids' favorite flavor ;)

I wish I had gotten to the Glenbrook store sooner though. The tag for the Playdoh caddy said it was just under $2, but none on the shelves and none in back (according to the scanner).

Stopped at the Smynra, TN Target last night and did pretty well in the 75% dollar spot. I got the last 5 packages of the princess sandwich bags and got the last 2 Spiderman for a friend. I also picked up the last Playdoh craft cart for $4.74. The hot pink, black, and navy blue circo socks were on clearance for $.74 so I got some of them as well. Oh, and I scored a pair of shorts for the hubby for $4.98 regular price $17.99.

Clearance ethics question:

Do you buy something if you know it is purposely put in the wrong package? Here is the story: Baby section has a baby sling that is an internet return. I had seen it last week and was watching to see if it would get marked down anymore. The price indicated it was clearanced at $24.XX. Well, yesterday morning, someone had put the sling into a changing table cover bag and the changing table cover into the sling bag. That put the sling at $2.XX. clearanced and the changing table cover at $24.xx.

I knew that was not the right package so I did not purchase it. This morning it was gone so obviously someone else did.

Would you have purchased it knowing it was in the wrong package? I just felt like that was stealing. And I didn't want the cashier to question me if they looked hard enough.

You all seem to know Target so well....what would you do?

And if you are the one who bought the sling, you got a great deal!

I would not have been able to buy it without feeling very guilty. If I purchased it without being aware it was in the wrong package, that is a different story. I agree that it would be stealing if I purchased it knowing it was in the wrong package

I would have re-swapped the items. I have too much of a guilty conscience.

Do you buy something if you know it is purposely put in the wrong package? Here is the story: Baby section has a baby sling that is an internet return. I had seen it last week and was watching to see if it would get marked down anymore. The price indicated it was clearanced at $24.XX. Well, yesterday morning, someone had put the sling into a changing table cover bag and the changing table cover into the sling bag. That put the sling at $2.XX. clearanced and the changing table cover at $24.xx.

I knew that was not the right package so I did not purchase it. This morning it was gone so obviously someone else did.

Would you have purchased it knowing it was in the wrong package? I just felt like that was stealing. And I didn't want the cashier to question me if they looked hard enough.

I would probably feel pretty guilty about that and like it was stealing too. I would generally bring something like that to the attention of the employee who regularly works the department, or to a manager. Now, if they then did nothing and put them back on the shelf as-is, then I would not have a problem with it, particularly if you took it to a manager and they put it back. I've seen things like that before. The disadvantage of just leaving it there is what happened to you. The advantage of taking it to a manager is that it, at minimum, puts it back where it ought to be price-wise and keeps you in the running for it. :yup: Plus it builds goodwill with the store employees if you shop there often enough for them to recognize you. And that never hurts.

I would probably feel pretty guilty about that and like it was stealing too. I would generally bring something like that to the attention of the employee who regularly works the department, or to a manager. Now, if they then did nothing and put them back on the shelf as-is, then I would not have a problem with it, particularly if you took it to a manager and they put it back. I've seen things like that before. The disadvantage of just leaving it there is what happened to you. The advantage of taking it to a manager is that it, at minimum, puts it back where it ought to be price-wise and keeps you in the running for it. :yup: Plus it builds goodwill with the store employees if you shop there often enough for them to recognize you. And that never hurts.

If there was someone nearby I would have mentioned the error, otherwise I would have left it there. I would've felt like a little thief if I had taken the deal on it though...

I found this today... Only one, but it also said $7.98 and it rang up 1.92.

Yea!! I am so happy that some have found the batteries! I have never found any good bargains since I live an hour away but I always check everyone else's posts out!!

Ok guys... when you are scoping the 75% off Dollar Spots watch for the Hanna Montana and the HighSchool Musical lip glosses. They have red dots on them. They were not there yesterday so I am thinking they are probably going to be Christmas stuff (they usually have either red or gree dots) and they were put out early. Anyways, I took it to the checkout and asked them if these were discounted and she said "if its red dot then its 75% off". They are really cute!!!

Ok guys... when you are scoping the 75% off Dollar Spots watch for the Hanna Montana and the HighSchool Musical lip glosses. They have red dots on them. They were not there yesterday so I am thinking they are probably going to be Christmas stuff (they usually have either red or gree dots) and they were put out early. Anyways, I took it to the checkout and asked them if these were discounted and she said "if its red dot then its 75% off". They are really cute!!!

Were they were scanning full price?

I would not have been able to buy it without feeling very guilty. If I purchased it without being aware it was in the wrong package, that is a different story. I agree that it would be stealing if I purchased it knowing it was in the wrong package

I don't think it is good karma-would come back to bite me, so I wouldn't do it :no:

I decided to see if there was anything at Target since I was in the neighborhood this afternoon and somehow lucked out with the Step 2 motorcycle for $4.98. I would have never known it was on clearance if it wasn't for this board and everyone's contributions. Thanks so much!!! :D