Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2008

Gator Pam

To the person who said...

ok, I love you guys SOOOO much! Hit up the Concordville, PA store at 8:30am (while my DD6 was in ESY)...there were 3 associates w/guns changing the 30% to 75%, and i was ALONE...got my pick of anything...was kinda what my heaven would look like! lol...took me a minute to figure out that they needed to scan the item for me to get the lower price (since it wasn't in the system at that price yet)...

Some stuff I picked up:

I stopped at Target on my lunch break, and by the time I got there at like 11:30, it was TOTALLY picked over. I did get a couple of things, one being a "What will they think of next sandbox with canopy" which will be a fantastic gift for my neice for her Spring B-Day!! So since i was disappointed with my first store, I stopped by my local target on my way home from work, and OMG!!! I got there, and there was LITERALLY no one in the toy department and all of the signs still said 30% off... at first I was bummed because I thought maybe my store was behind everyone else... OHHHH NOOOOO.... I think you and I were in the same kind of heaven!!! 75% off and NO ONE IN SIGHT!!! Not even employees since it was already all marked down... I got two whole carts (which filled my ford Escape) for around $200 and I am done with Christmas and birthdays until the next 75% off sale!!! gotta love it when it is all waiting... just for you!!!! :2cloud9:

Ok, I went today to my Target (Topeka) and found some AWESOME things. However, we really didnt need any more toys as I still have some from the last clearance sale. Here's my findings:

###204032165 Simon Sit and Spin $4.98

###204090181 Better Batter Baseball $9.98

###204020256 Tot Wagon $3.67

###087101271 Lucky Ducks Game $4.74

###086001975 Doggy Dr Play Doh $3.24

###204032735 Little Einsteins Figures $1.48

Went to another Target in Lawrence (about 25 miles away) and they didnt have anything worth bringing home.

I hit 8 stores today! While I did not do nearly as well as I have the last couple of years, I did find some great deals on Legos & Erector sets. I also got a few other choice items, but those were my best finds. I was shocked to go into one store and find all the Spongebob Legos marked down and sitting on the shelf!! They had the whole line marked down, and I had only see the Boating School sets marked at other stores. Loads of fun!

For those in the area, Chino Hills/Diamond Bar is not marking down till tomorrow, so you still can get there. I did clean them out of Erector sets, though, the nice lady on the markdown team scanned them for me. :-)

Had an awesome day at target today! I spent 112.xx!! Don't know how much I saved...dont' have my reciept in front of me.

### Learning Curve train table 20.98

### Thomas Train Cranky the Crane set 19.98

### Thomas Train Quarry 9.98 (I think)

### Little Pet Shop Round & Round pet town 7.48

### several wooden jump ropes .74

### Lite up jump ropes 1.xx

### Wooden book marks 1.18

### WOW Water color kits 1.74

### Hooked on Phonics PreK 7.48

### Dinosaur wooden puzzle 2.33

### Keepsake wooden clock that you paint 1.xx

### Play dishes set 5.xx

### Feather Boa's 1.xx

and theres more thats escaping the top of my head.

Edited by jcarr492

Here's some of what I bought today and some of what my friend found today. Hit 5 stores and spent over $400. Shopped for myself, my mom & 2 of my friends. My friend also hit 2 other stores and picked up a couple things for me as well.

###Leapster L-Max $22.50, reg $89.99

###Leapster charging dock-$8.72 reg $36.99

###Thomas wooden track set-Cranky the crane set $19.98, reg $79.99

###Leapster games $7.48 reg $24.99

###Fisher Price ESPN Better batter $9.98 reg $39.99

###Fisher price electronic soccer net, $5.48 reg $21.99

###Thomas wooden trains-Diesel 10 $3.98 reg $15.99, Chinese Dragon $3.98, reg $15.99

###My Little Pony Ponyville Huge teapot house thing with ponies $7.48 reg $29.99

###Littlest Pet Shop huge playset $7.48 reg $29.99

###Lego Mars Mission $12.48 reg $49.99

###Lego Racer $7.48 reg $29.99

###Lego Ferrari truck, $5.24 reg $20.99

###Geotrax lights & sounds vehicles $1.98 reg $7.99

###Geotrax small set with track, train& building $5.48 reg $21.99

###Thomas bath toy $3.24, reg $12.99

###Fisher Price Grow to Pro Golf sets $4.98 reg $19.99

###Disney Cars Minis playsets $2.24 reg $9.99, Ramone & The King

###Cars blow up slip & slide $2.49 reg $9.99

###Little Tikes Beach Ball sprinkler, $2.48 reg $9.99

###Spiderman Battery operated Bubble blowers $2.48 reg $9.99

###Bob the Builder batter operated Power tools $1.98 reg $7.99

###Dora ABC game $2.21 reg $8.84

###Diego 123 Game $2.21 reg $8.84

###Lucky Duck Game $4.74 reg $18.99

###Fisher Price Bubble Mower, $3.74, reg $19.99

###Disney Pixar Monopoly $4.98, reg $19.99

###Cheerleader dress up costume $3.34 reg $13.99

###My Little Pony Party Pony $1.74, reg 6.99

My Target still has lots of empty shelves. Really wanted one of the Leapsters. I saw the employees put tons of toys in carts and take in the back Wednesday. I asked if they were restocking for Christmas or ?, and was told, "Just re-organizing". Went back Wednesday night, still empty shelves. Went in Thursday morning, had a few toys marked 75% off on the endcaps, but still lots of empty shelves. Went back Thursday evening, a few more toys out, but still empty shelves. I asked an employee if they had any Leapsters, he looked and said no, they were on clearance and now out of stock?? I don't think they ever came back on the shelves.

Unfortunately, I have to work today, so cannot be there when they open. I'm so jealous of those of you who have friendly, helpful employees at your Target. We're always made to feel we're "in the way" while they're marking down here.

I got a few things at Target yesterday.

####Leapster L-Max $22.48 (75% 0ff)

####My Little Pony Rarity the Unicorn $4.48 (75% off)

####Pampers Diapers 19.98-$1 Q - $5 TQ-$5 Target gift card=$8.98

(only problem with the coupon is you had to buy wipes too, but wipes were on sale for $7.99 and I used .20 Q off them too

I'm so jealous of those of you who have friendly, helpful employees at your Target. We're always made to feel we're "in the way" while they're marking down here.

3 of the five stores I went to yesterday had awesome emplyees. The other 2 made me feel like I was bothering them. I don't know why they care, don't they want us to buy up all the stuff?

If I see a Leapster L-Max today I can pick it up and ship it to you if you want. It was killing me to leave them on the shelf at that amazing price but I didn't know anyone who needed one.

Unfortunately, I have to work today, so cannot be there when they open. I'm so jealous of those of you who have friendly, helpful employees at your Target. We're always made to feel we're "in the way" while they're marking down here.

I was in one store yesterday when the guy was marking toys and I asked him kindly if he would sticker something he hadn't gotten too yet. Man, you would have thought I asked him to cut off his right arm. I was the only one in the aisle with him, so there was no threat of a sudden onslaught of customers bugging him, but he wouldn't do it. Then, every time anyone came into the aisle to look, he completely stopped tagging anything. Sometimes he would just walk to the end of the aisle and cross his arms and stand there looking like he wished his scanning gun was a laser weapon and he could kill us all!

It was sort of fun to leave the aisle and then come back and watch him walk off in a huff. I did it several times before I got bored with it! :)

One of our stores still hadn't marked at noon, so I shopped their aisles and hid a few things that the other stores sold out of... came back at 5 and picked everything up. I did the best at the stores that hadn't consolidated toys into an aisle, but rather everything was just scattered in amongst the regular aisles.

My deals were( all at 75% off)

###Groovy Girls Pet Carrier 3.48

###Groovy Girls Pet Bed 3.48

###Disney Color Art Mat 2.48

###ESPN Better Batter 9.88

###Clue 3.xx

###Super Soaker 2.48

###Hannah Montana Dance Mat(2)

###Creativity for Kids Paint your own Horse 3.48

I am pretty sure Montgomery went 75% as well yesterday.Good Luck

3 of the five stores I went to yesterday had awesome emplyees. The other 2 made me feel like I was bothering them. I don't know why they care, don't they want us to buy up all the stuff?

If I see a Leapster L-Max today I can pick it up and ship it to you if you want. It was killing me to leave them on the shelf at that amazing price but I didn't know anyone who needed one.

That would be fantastic. I'd be happy to pay you for shipping!

That would be fantastic. I'd be happy to pay you for shipping!

If you guys get one and decide to help each other, just be sure to discuss it by PM. Brad gets all upset when people start doing this, and then he ends up scolding us and deleting a bunch of posts....Just a heads up.

One thing that did irritate me yesterday with my sister in law was, me and sil got there at 7:50am...we were there with about another 4 or 5 cars. 8am came and we quickly went in..but the others were there for other things I guess cause me and sil were the only ones in toys for a good 30 minutes. There were 4 employees inthe toys aisle, two with markdown guns. The other two were shopping. One saw us when we approached and loudly said, "well I have my four, I'm gonna go clock in now." and she left. The other left too, but said nothing..she had a buggy with toys in it. I started picking what I wanted and so did sil. I grabbed the little pet shop center and I KNEW there were two the whole past month. I looked up and one of the ladies pricing had one in her buggy along with other toys. I asked her if it was hers or not, and she didn't answer me. So I looked at sil and shrugged my shoulders. My sil wanted one for her dd. I felt bad..but didn't know what to do. Sil went around the corner and so did I. When we went back to the aisle..the pet center was gone out of her buggy!!! It was no where. Hmmmm...I thought employees weren't allowed to shop while working?? And if they do...aren't we allowed to take something out of their buggy?? I mean, I have nothing against them shopping for bargains too..but aren't they supposed to do it on breaks and before or after work?? I know my cousin has taken stuff out of their buggies before when they were marking down and it looked like they were shopping too at the same time. She'll just go up, take what she's after out, they'll look at her..but not say a word to her. So obviously they know their not supposed to be shopping while on the clock and do anything about it.

I went to Target this morning in search of toys. I wish I would have found some Legos but I did find:

### Magnetix 155 pc set $7.48

### Magnetix 70 pc set $4.98

### Magnetix 30 pc set $2.64

### Dora's World Plug & Play $4.94

### Toobers & Zots $4.98

### High School Musical Gabrielle & Charpay $4.98

Pretty much cleaned out at Livonia (9/Middlebelt) Target yesterday afternoon. I did manage to grab a couple of items to use as gifts:

###086-02-0358 Bratz Magic Makeup Doll $6.24

###086-02-2061 Bratz Be Bratz $4.98

###087-02-1301 Mini Robo Panda $2.48

Oh well...I'm not too disappointed since I had already hit the motherlode for my own child when T did the after-Christmas toy clearance.

I am so sad that I missed this!!! I was in the hospital yesterday with kidney stones - OUCH! And saw this today. I went to Target, but those were some BARE shelves. One of the stores near me (Fort Union, UT) always goes late. I started there thinking that they would still have something left, but literally there were maybe 20 little things left on clearance in the whole department.

I was dying to get some of the Leapster stuff for my son for Christmas. :(

All that and I couldn't even find the baby clothes clearance. Disappointing day.

Had an awesome day at target today! I spent 112.xx!! Don't know how much I saved...dont' have my reciept in front of me.

### Thomas Train train table 20.98

### Thomas Train Cranky the Crane set 19.98

### Thomas Train Quarry 9.98 (I think)

### Little Pet Shop Round & Round pet town 7.48

### several wooden jump ropes .74

### Lite up jump ropes 1.xx

### Wooden book marks 1.18

### WOW Water color kits 1.74

### Hooked on Phonics PreK 7.48

### Dinosaur wooden puzzle 2.33

### Keepsake wooden clock that you paint 1.xx

### Play dishes set 5.xx

### Feather Boa's 1.xx

and theres more thats escaping the top of my head.

What is a Thomas the train brand table? I only saw the off brand table at my store.

75% off finds from this AM...

###204-02-1246 - Fishing Pole - $0.74

###204-04-0491 - Hooked on Phonics Pre-K - $9.44

###087-02-1074 - Yahtzee handeheld touchscreen - $4.98

###204-12-1634 - Wooden Workbench and tools - $14.98 (Orig. $59.99)

###204-01-0303 - Foam Rocket Zoomer - $1.57

###086-00-2431 - Big O ball - $2.48

###204-01-1035 - Bonce on Ball - $4.28

###087-09-0530 - 1000 pc. Puzzle - $1.98

30% off finds....

###253-03-0055 - Bounty Basic 12 pack - $4.20 (minus $0.25 MFR Q)

###253-01-0008 - Glad Press and Seal - $3.48 (minus $0.50 Target Q)

###003-05-0163 - 4-Pack Lysol Wipes - $4.18 (minus $1 MFR Q)

### - Pampers Diapers Bulk Box - $19.98

Thanks to everyone who has been using the new format for reporting what deals you've found. The summary script thingy is working pretty well so far and should make it easy for people to see at a glance what everyone is finding :)

I mean, I have nothing against them shopping for bargains too..but aren't they supposed to do it on breaks and before or after work??

Hubby ran into this problem when he hit the sale on Wednesday morning. He was there when the doors opened, yet one employee already had a cart full of stuff headed to the checkout. He was ticked! I can't believe the employees are able to hand pick what they want, then we get leftovers. I guess I would want that priviledge if I worked there, but it is different when you are the customer. Double standard, I know, but she had the only clearanced Lego Star Wars Set!

Tulsa Target today... toys went to 75% off.... scored the vsmile keyboard, and book reader thingy... for $14.999. Also got some cool wooden puzzles, magnetic calender, disney monoply game, hand held games.. all sorts of things for $3-5. They had tons of Hanna Montana stuff.

I mean, I have nothing against them shopping for bargains too..but aren't they supposed to do it on breaks and before or after work?? I know my cousin has taken stuff out of their buggies before when they were marking down and it looked like they were shopping too at the same time. She'll just go up, take what she's after out, they'll look at her..but not say a word to her. So obviously they know their not supposed to be shopping while on the clock and do anything about it.

she said she was going to clock in, so maybe she was on a break....that said, it is true that they aren't allowed to shop on the clock. but every store deals with it differently. Obviously they shouldn't take from customer's carts, but people are people, and employees aren't any better or worse than the rest. I never let my cart leave my sight during clearance, for that very reason. Stinks, but what can you do?

I mean, I have nothing against them shopping for bargains too..but aren't they supposed to do it on breaks and before or after work??

Hubby ran into this problem when he hit the sale on Wednesday morning. He was there when the doors opened, yet one employee already had a cart full of stuff headed to the checkout. He was ticked! I can't believe the employees are able to hand pick what they want, then we get leftovers. I guess I would want that priviledge if I worked there, but it is different when you are the customer. Double standard, I know, but she had the only clearanced Lego Star Wars Set!

yeah, now that really is unfair, and worth a call to complain to corporate as far as I am concerned. This happened at Christmas a couple of years ago when employees were buying the TMX Elmos. They told us that can get fired for it, and when they saw we were upset, they brought one back to us.

Hmmmm...I thought employees weren't allowed to shop while working?? And if they do...aren't we allowed to take something out of their buggy?? I mean, I have nothing against them shopping for bargains too..but aren't they supposed to do it on breaks and before or after work?? I know my cousin has taken stuff out of their buggies before when they were marking down and it looked like they were shopping too at the same time. She'll just go up, take what she's after out, they'll look at her..but not say a word to her. So obviously they know their not supposed to be shopping while on the clock and do anything about it.

I think it must be on a store by store basis whether or not they allow it. I think most of the stores around here must discourage it because it's never been a real issue. I mean I've seen employees pick a few things, but I have yet to see employees hauling carts full of stuff. Personally, I think it looks bad. It's not just sour grapes, but IMO, customers should never have to compete with employees of a business to buy things...at least not if the employee is supposed to be working and is obviously in uniform. If they do shop, they need to pick what they want quickly and get it out of sight to the backroom-- not leave it lay in their markdown cart while they continue to work.

I was in one store yesterday when the guy was marking toys and I asked him kindly if he would sticker something he hadn't gotten too yet. Man, you would have thought I asked him to cut off his right arm. I was the only one in the aisle with him, so there was no threat of a sudden onslaught of customers bugging him, but he wouldn't do it. Then, every time anyone came into the aisle to look, he completely stopped tagging anything. Sometimes he would just walk to the end of the aisle and cross his arms and stand there looking like he wished his scanning gun was a laser weapon and he could kill us all!

It was sort of fun to leave the aisle and then come back and watch him walk off in a huff. I did it several times before I got bored with it! :)

One of our stores still hadn't marked at noon, so I shopped their aisles and hid a few things that the other stores sold out of... came back at 5 and picked everything up. I did the best at the stores that hadn't consolidated toys into an aisle, but rather everything was just scattered in amongst the regular aisles.

Yep this happened to me too! I just asked for her to check one toy and got basically told off. The woman I asked is usually very nice and I was literally the only person in the whole store so like you said no worry of a million people coming in. So I left and went on to the next Target. I was really treated badly and it was not like I was bringing a cart full. Just one toy that was out of place so I asked if it would be part of the markdown. Otherwise I was just waiting and browsing other sections patiently.

Yep this happened to me too! I just asked for her to check one toy and got basically told off. The woman I asked is usually very nice and I was literally the only person in the whole store so like you said no worry of a million people coming in. So I left and went on to the next Target. I was really treated badly and it was not like I was bringing a cart full. Just one toy that was out of place so I asked if it would be part of the markdown. Otherwise I was just waiting and browsing other sections patiently.

There is never an excuse for that behavior, though. I'd complain either to the store manager or the corp number with the person's name. better the corp as it is less confrontational. still, if they say no politely, that is one thing. If they tear your head off it is another. At one store, they usually just say that you'll have to wait until we are done with everything in the department, then we'll go through your stuff for you. They have a standard policy and stick to it. I can live with that a lot easier than the other attitude.