Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2008

Gator Pam

I am annoyed with the whole coupon thing altogether. I spend alot of time finding coupons, comparing prices, and scanning the clearance items for things that I can use. I have a large family with lots of mouths to feed and I work hard to stretch my dollar as far as I can. Why do I have to leave Target feeling guilty because some cashier gives me a hard time about using too many coupons or paying too low of a price on an item that Target themselves have set. The lipton tea thing is really ticking me off. The coupon states "Lipton Tea", nothing specific. Cashier says it has to be in a box. I also bought some of the Lays cracker crisps. I used the target web coupon along with the mq so I got them for $.50 each. She just rolled her eyes. It really upsets me, but not enough to quit couponing and perusing.!!

Call or email them and raise Cain! There is NO reason for that, and in this economy, Target cannot really afford to offend its customers. The last thing you should do is to give up on coupons, but they DO need to train their cashiers. When I have complained, they have generally at least made contact with the local store. If you call, make sure to have your receipt, because that way they know exactly which cashier it was.

I went last night and got my sister to go with me. I found one Transformer hooded towel for 2.xx and a clear tote on wheels for 4.xx. I found 7 MM and bought them all. I gave my sister 2 for her kids for school and kept the rest. We checked out the newborn diapers for 4.xx and she bought 2 since she is pregnant with twins. She said she may go back and get more when she gets paid. She was surprised at the things I could find. Thanks to all who posted any deals. I have definitely started Christmas shopping and birthday shopping for summer birthdays.

Found one of those sandwich makers on clearance for $7.48. I've always wanted one so couldn't pass it up at that price. Down from $19.99. I made eggs in them... Made my egg mixture and put in some veggies. Closed the latch and after several minutes it was done! I love it

I am annoyed with the whole coupon thing altogether. I spend alot of time finding coupons, comparing prices, and scanning the clearance items for things that I can use. I have a large family with lots of mouths to feed and I work hard to stretch my dollar as far as I can. Why do I have to leave Target feeling guilty because some cashier gives me a hard time about using too many coupons or paying too low of a price on an item that Target themselves have set. The lipton tea thing is really ticking me off. The coupon states "Lipton Tea", nothing specific. Cashier says it has to be in a box. I also bought some of the Lays cracker crisps. I used the target web coupon along with the mq so I got them for $.50 each. She just rolled her eyes. It really upsets me, but not enough to quit couponing and perusing.!!

I had an issue today too.....In this Sundays Red Plum (I think) there was a "target" coupon for '$5 off of 5 of these items:' on of the items listed said Johnsons baby product. Well I went and got 5 different items for the baby shower baskets I am making. Handed the cashier the $5 target Q and 5 $1 Johnson Qs. well for some reason the register beeped. She called over a manager and mgr said "they should work since we accept both." Well the cashier just said "well you need to find out for sure because she is walking out of here paying 45 cents for this stuff and that doesn't seem right" The manager pulled her off the register

I had an issue today too.....In this Sundays Red Plum (I think) there was a "target" coupon for '$5 off of 5 of these items:' on of the items listed said Johnsons baby product. Well I went and got 5 different items for the baby shower baskets I am making. Handed the cashier the $5 target Q and 5 $1 Johnson Qs. well for some reason the register beeped. She called over a manager and mgr said "they should work since we accept both." Well the cashier just said "well you need to find out for sure because she is walking out of here paying 45 cents for this stuff and that doesn't seem right" The manager pulled her off the register

GREAT MANAGER!!!!!!

GREAT MANAGER!!!!!!

Why do some cashiers act like the money is coming out of their paycheck??? The manager did the right thing and I hope she was severely reprimanded for saying that in front of a customer - there is no excuse for that.

Sorry meant to edit the first post I made not reply to it

Got FREE ADVIL today with overage at my Target. Clearanced for .98 each Had $1 off Advil coupons (no size indicated). Register didn't adjust (though it usually does). Had to have my neighbors print some off for me as I reached my limit! lol. Going back to buy more tomorrow. (funny as no neighbors coupon so I have 5 ladies printed stuff for me!)

My Target trip yesterday was pretty good, I have always wanted a cupcake tote and never wanted to pay $20 for one and low and behold sitting on an endcap were two marked $9.98! I also got some cupcake papers for .74 I think, Lipton green tea 1.02 plus the $1 q's, and they had 2 packs of colgate clearanced to .98 so I made .02 on them with my $1 q's, I quess it just made my lipton teas free and they also had huggies wipes marked 1.99 plus my .50 Q so got them for $1.49 which is a really good deal.

My printed target coupons usually do beep but the cashier just presses some button and the register says "store coupon" and takes them no problem.

Great day at Target.

Picked up a box of assorted birtday cards for $6.xx, 50% off. I also found a bunch of clearance in the foods and with coupons ended up with a lot! Also, the Kandoo was clearanced 30%. I am hoping that they go 50% soon. I also found a lot of diapers clearanced, regular Huggies. Oh, and my best deal was an 88 quart clear plastic storage container on wheels 50% off for $4.xx. I have been waiting for a good deal on these since I have a lot of organizing to do! I picked up 7 but I wish I had gotten more. I may go back tomorrow if they are still there and get the rest. :)

How much were the Huggies, the only brand I saw on clearance were the Target brand and would not fit my size 5 ds1.

My refrigerator died on Wednesday and I got a new one yesterday..unfortunately I lost

everything in both the refrig and freezer. I went grocery shopping this am and picked up

some replacment stuff. I also stopped at Target (where I have not found anything in the

way of bargains lately) to pick up some more items to replace. I did my usual perimeter

perusing and I found a Sunbeam Rocket Grill and it was $6.24 :shock: I had seen them on

QVC and they looked cool but I was also worried about them not making the bags for it

anymore so I never bought one. I found a box of the parchment bags and they were clearanced to $3.74 for 36 of them.

I haven't tried it yet but, hey for $11 or so dollars if I use it 10 times I will get my moneys

worth. I want to try cooking something frozen first...it looked so cool.:fluffy:

I was doing my regular perimeter perusing while I dropped off a prescription to be filled and accidentally found my best bargain yet.

I have been getting cholesterol lowering meds for a few months, first at Albertsons with the $30 coupon for gift card with prescription. I paid $30.25 for 30 tablets. Thought that was pricey so after 2 mos. I transferred it to CVS with the $25 coupon for gift card with prescription. I paid $30.69 for 30 tablets. Those upset my stomach too badly to continue taking so I took my new prescription for 60 pills to Target. Insurance wouldn't pay again so soon, BUT with no insurance 60 pills cost $8 & they could fill the full 6 mos. if I liked since I was paying myself.

I have found Target to be cheaper on prescriptions in the past, but this was remarkable, for those of you with less-than-wonderful insurance like mine.

Also found Polaroid video cameras (like Aiptek) 50% off for $49.xx. Bought one, read the reviews and will be returning it.

My refrigerator died on Wednesday and I got a new one yesterday..unfortunately I lost

everything in both the refrig and freezer. I went grocery shopping this am and picked up

some replacment stuff. I also stopped at Target (where I have not found anything in the

way of bargains lately) to pick up some more items to replace. I did my usual perimeter

perusing and I found a Sunbeam Rocket Grill and it was $6.24 :shock: I had seen them on

QVC and they looked cool but I was also worried about them not making the bags for it

anymore so I never bought one. I found a box of the parchment bags and they were clearanced to $3.74 for 36 of them.

I haven't tried it yet but, hey for $11 or so dollars if I use it 10 times I will get my moneys

worth. I want to try cooking something frozen first...it looked so cool.:fluffy:

Wow, I was just going to post I found one for $12.49 and I was excited about that. Sounds like you got a great deal. We looked around for the bags and did not find any.

I went online at www.sunbeam.com and find they sell replacements $14.99 plus shipping, not a great deal, but if I can't find them anywhere else at least I know I can get them there.

I am anxious to try mine, does anyone already have one and have any thoughts or suggestions?

I was lucky enough to find the 25 gal Sterilite storage bins yesterday for 4.48. I also got a couple of the 88 qt clear bins with wheels for the same price. I am very happy with this find and am glad I went on Friday evening as I know they never would have made it thru the weekend at that price. I also saw the cupcake stuff on clearance. I was tempted, but did not buy any of it. It was 50% off. They had cupcake gift boxes, silicone molds, giant cupcake pan, icing decorator tips, liners, cupcake holders, etc. Very cute stuff. I may purchase next week, for sure if they still have it at 75%. Also found some Dora Pamper pullups on clearance. I think they were just 30% but I wasn't expecting them to be on sale at all so with my $1 mq I was happy. I also noticed several automotive stuff was marked down, like seat covers, floor mats, and smaller auto stuff. I will watch this for further markdowns.:)

Wow, I was just going to post I found one for $12.49 and I was excited about that. Sounds like you got a great deal. We looked around for the bags and did not find any.

I went online at www.sunbeam.com and find they sell replacements $14.99 plus shipping, not a great deal, but if I can't find them anywhere else at least I know I can get them there.

I am anxious to try mine, does anyone already have one and have any thoughts or suggestions?

I already checked an ebay had lots of them as did amazon. I don't think they will be a

problem to find. I also checked them out and I think you could easily make your own

if you bought the parchment paper and maybe saved the things on the top with the

holes in it. I may try..I hope I don't burn the house down :shock:

PS

the bags were cheaper on ebay but weren't too bad on amazon either.

let us know how you like yours

I saw that rocket grill yesterday but at my store they still wanted 24.XX for it. I would have snapped it up for 6 or even 12! Great deal!!!

I was at T again today and they had nothing!!! Well, nothing that I did not already have or need!LOL

I saw that rocket grill yesterday but at my store they still wanted 24.XX for it. I would have snapped it up for 6 or even 12! Great deal!!!

I was at T again today and they had nothing!!! Well, nothing that I did not already have or need!LOL

The price tag on mine did say $24.xx but they had the sample one marked $6.24 so I

scanned the boxed one and voila it rang up $6.24 check to be sure

Found two 100 calorie chocolate mouse twin packs on clearance for $0.98 . They had a coupon on the inside of the box. After the teenage boy scanned them I just ripped them open and gave him the two $1.00 off coupons. Made four cents on the deal!

Today we found Travel Scene It - Marvel Superheros edition for $3.47 on one of the Clearance ends in the Toy Department. We also picked up bags of Cheddar Cheese Chex mix (say that 3x's fast) for .45 per bag. My DH picked them up to leave in his car since he is on the road all day for work.

Today we found Travel Scene It - Marvel Superheros edition for $3.47 on one of the Clearance ends in the Toy Department. We also picked up bags of Cheddar Cheese Chex mix (say that 3x's fast) for .45 per bag. My DH picked them up to leave in his car since he is on the road all day for work.

OMG...I love the Chedder Chex mix!!!! Has anyone else seen this at their target? If so i'll run out immediately (well, tomorrow) to get some...I have a .60 coupon for it too!!! it's usually $2.50-3.50 for a bag...great deal!

On another note, could people please post when they see the v-tech word tv system thing that's been at 50% off at my target for weeks go 75%? I want to pick it up for $7.xx :) TIA

Clearance is slow at my targets since they changed their markdown system! :yuck: My best deal the past week was an area rug for .94 :fluffy: i'm in withdrawl...My last trip i only returned something and left emptyhanded :(

I had an amazing find tonight!

At the Irving, TX store I found the MM juices for the first time ever. I was excited when I saw the package, and took it over to scan and just about fell over... Instead of the expected .69 it was only .34! :eyepoppin I'm not sure why it would be half price, but I sure wasn't going to complain!

well my find is not great. On the clearance end cap in pets they have large breed toenail clippers with files. They had a sticker on them that said was $8.99 Now $14.99 on clearance, so I scanned them and it said price not found, not in system. so I though maybe they would be good. Took them to the front they wanted $14.99. I said hello, they are on clearnce and if they $8.99 shouldn't they be less not more... she said well they are $14.99 , I said well keep it.

OMG...I love the Chedder Chex mix!!!! Has anyone else seen this at their target? If so i'll run out immediately (well, tomorrow) to get some...I have a .60 coupon for it too!!! it's usually $2.50-3.50 for a bag...great deal!

On another note, could people please post when they see the v-tech word tv system thing that's been at 50% off at my target for weeks go 75%? I want to pick it up for $7.xx :) TIA

Clearance is slow at my targets since they changed their markdown system! :yuck: My best deal the past week was an area rug for .94 :fluffy: i'm in withdrawl...My last trip i only returned something and left emptyhanded :(

My Target had them 75% off on Thursday.

I am new to this thread so sorry for the silly question, but where do I find these coupons that everyone talks about.

Check the coupon forum as well...unfortunately "we" don't have all the coupon generators all in one thread.

I didn't see too much today, but I was in a hurry. I did see the rocket grill thing...but I had to scan for the price, check it out if you see it.