Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2008

Gator Pam

I tried the Lipton tea coupon on the bottles of green tea but the cashier wouldn't allow it. She said it has to be the box of tea. Last week they took it at the same store, but different cashier. I wasn't in the mood to argue so just accepted it. I also found 1 grape MM on shelf. I left 2 grapes on the shelf last week when they had a bunch of the MM's but had no problem grabbing the last one today. Lots of Eggo fat-free or mini waffles on clearance for $1.56 and then used the target Eggo coupon so got them for about a $1. I saw several of the Polaroid videocameras for $49.xx. Are these good? We need a new one. Might try to get one at 75%. I broke down and bought a shutterfly album today at 50% off for $14.99. At first I thought these were expensive, but when I take into account that I don't have to purchase an album or the scrapbooking supplies and it will be much quicker than doing it myself, (time value of money, you know) it makes sense. They had lots left so thought I would try it out and if I like it, I will buy more if/when they go to 75%.

I bought one of the Polaroid video cameras this week, but returned it today because the reviews are so bad. They mostly say that it doesn't come with any memory, there are problems when adding memory and the batteries don't last. With that said, if they go to 75% off, I might buy one for DS17 at $24.xx.

Like another poster mentioned, it doesn't come preloaded with any songs.

yes, you can dowload from Walmart.com and store it on your computer with Windows Media Player, then move it to the MP3 player.

i had purchased kids cds so i used windows media to change them to mp3 format to put on the fission players~ was pretty easy to do.

Hi, I love the site. I had a question and was hoping someone had the answer. I Purchased a tv stand and audio piers at 50% off a few weeks ago, but now I found them for 75% off at another Target. I am talking about a $75 difference!! I have heard of purchasing them at the cheaper price and then returning them with the more expensive receipt, but I am wondering if this will work since it is different Target stores. I am not sure if they have different UPC numbers for different stores, therefore they the receipt and the product wont match up. Please any help would be greatly appreciated.

Some bad news however I wanted to share with the group...at BOTH of my nearby Targets i've noticed that they do not markdown following the usual schedule anymore! I asked and was told that National Target decided to change the way they were handling clearance and now it marks down based on number of items in each section and not BY section/day...so you could have a huge markdown all of a sudden (like 30%-75%) on one kind of stereo the same day that happens to a picture frame (just making up an example). I was not amused by this information Is anyone else seeing this trend at their Target yet?

I havnt seen this yet at any of the stores I frequent either But I have noticed..When other people post that their store has a certain item on clearance...That my store is a little late...For example..Some are seeing the sunny patch stuff marked down...and none of the 5 stores I have been to have it marked yet...

Thats nothing new though...My stores have always been a little slower with markdowns...

Hi, I love the site. I had a question and was hoping someone had the answer. I Purchased a tv stand and audio piers at 50% off a few weeks ago, but now I found them for 75% off at another Target. I am talking about a $75 difference!! I have heard of purchasing them at the cheaper price and then returning them with the more expensive receipt, but I am wondering if this will work since it is different Target stores. I am not sure if they have different UPC numbers for different stores, therefore they the receipt and the product wont match up. Please any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have purchased things at one store and returned them to another. Nothing that expensive but I dont think it would matter. They take back items purchased on line so I wouldnt think you would have a problem. You can always take your receipt with you and check the number to make sure its the same before you purchase it. Good luck!!!

I've wondered if Target would ever go away from clearance by department and opt for more clearance by individual item... kind of like Costco does. (Although I am NO expert on shopping at Costco by any means. I'm never really sure how they handle markdown stuff and would love to have tips on their methods...) It seems, though, that they base markdowns on how much stock they have of any one item (and whether it is "seasonal" or not, which from a "making money" standpoint, makes sense, I guess. It makes it lots harder to guess at when the heck the price of something may go lower though!

... I guess the fun could only last so long at Target, eh? The only thing I've noticed for sure is that there is just not much at all on clearance these days. I only go to Target now about once a week as opposed to my normal 3-4 times a week.

If they do, they would have to change their merchandising cycle as well, at least for some items. Toys, for example, which are released in conjunction with movies, etc., often come out in waves of new merchandise. They have to clear out items that aren't moving as well (which means they already do what you suggest in some measure) to make space to put up all the new stuff. Like tomorrow when they release all the new Indiana Jones, Animated Transformers & Hulk movie tie-in toy merchandise. And like they did with Speed Racer. Some of that space is on end caps when they do a launch, but not all of it. Other examples are things like the Classic Pooh baby clothing, which is on a 6-8 week cycle. They clear it out like clockwork and bring in the new ones. So, those sorts of things are going to have to stick with the current setup unless they change the way they merchandise new product.

However, the timing of markdowns is what really marks them as different. Having a predictable schedule once the item is slated for markdown, though, is very different than other stores. I hope it doesn't go away. It would be a shame, and make it a lot harder to get the bargains that we do now.

It is no big deal. I have returned stuff here in CA that I bought in Indiana or Washington. They don't care as long as you have the receipt.

Yeah, if I were you, I would definitely buy them at the cheaper price and then return with the original receipt. You won't have any trouble returning at a different Target. I do it all the time. Never had a problem.

Thank you everyone for the advice. Just so I make myself clear I am not talking about returning them to a different store, I will return them to the same store, but I am using a receipt from a different store where the same item was purchased, just at a higher price. I already opened up the higher price set and would need to return the cheaper set just with the more expensive receipt from a different store. Sorry if I am being confusing :)

Thank you everyone for the advice. Just so I make myself clear I am not talking about returning them to a different store, I will return them to the same store, but I am using a receipt from a different store where the same item was purchased, just at a higher price. I already opened up the higher price set and would need to return the cheaper set just with the more expensive receipt from a different store. Sorry if I am being confusing :)

Should work just fine as long as it is the same thing. The worst that can happen is that you have to return at the lower price so you are no worse off than you are now.:yup:

I am just about done with Target. Today I did a quick trip at lunch time since I needed to get TP and paper towels for the office. I always take my coupons with me in case I find a deal. After the gal checked me out but before she scanned the coupons, she called the manager over to show her all the coupons. She said that they have to have all coupons checked if a customer is using more than 5. Oh how Stupid! Only one out of the whole group was a printed coupon. Jeesh, nothing like making you customers feel like a criminal.

New thread for May :)

Again, please keep this thread on-topic. Posts about store policy or about specific products should go in the appropriate forum (usually Deal Discussion) - this is not a catch-all thread for every possible Target discussion. Thanks for your cooperation.

Went to Target on the way home tonight. Not a darn thing. I was in that store for over an hour and notaa- zero- nothing! I swear our Target in Frederick isn't really a Target at all. I have found 1 deal in the three years I've been going there and it was a bathroom rug. Will somebody please tell them they need to have clearence items so I can buy them?

got 2 MM's Grape for .69.

Chikcen Helper for $1.07

Motts Applesauce for .99

Lots of food items marked down including Salsa, Kellogs Mimi wheats, chocolate, gum asian noodles, spagthetti pasta etx..

I am just about done with Target. Today I did a quick trip at lunch time since I needed to get TP and paper towels for the office. I always take my coupons with me in case I find a deal. After the gal checked me out but before she scanned the coupons, she called the manager over to show her all the coupons. She said that they have to have all coupons checked if a customer is using more than 5. Oh how Stupid! Only one out of the whole group was a printed coupon. Jeesh, nothing like making you customers feel like a criminal.

I would absolutely call the 800 number and raise Cain over that! That is ridiculous. Be sure to have your receipt with you because they'll ask for info from it that will tell them who the cashier was, etc.

You should have no problem returning the stereo etc. at all. Even at that price. To minimize any questions or possible concerns by the customer service desk, just don't open the one you will be returning. And just tell them your friend or yourself decided it wasn't the right item. That's all :) Good LUCK!

I am not a big target shopper I was there yesterday and All I could find was target newborn diapers they had them for a little over $4.00 a bag. And I swear I must have hit every ince of that store and I could not find anything that had a nice price market on it.

Just got back from Target, I got

* Room essentials 6 drawer dresser orig. 149.99 for 37.48

* vtech whiz kid orig. 49.99 for 12.48

* vtech " " spiderman for 4.9x

* leapfrog word play orig 29.99 for 7.48

and of course a pair of sandals for myself on sale not clearance for 12.00

all in all a good day.

I looked at the Fayetteville, AR Target Tuesday for the Shutterfly items and they didn't have any. Someone tell me about them, I am getting ready to order a large book from Shutterfly, so if they are gift cards, I want to get a few and have them for this order...

Never flat Basketballs at Huntsville, AL Target 75% off. Had been 50% for a while and finally marked down. They were on a back endcap by the bikes. $20 for $5. I bought two.

Could someone tell me about the flip camcorders that are on clearance? I went to the Target that I normally go to but they didn't have any, was going to call dh and ask him to check the other on his way home but I don't know who makes them or anything to tell him... tia.

Yesterday I picked up:

Scotch-Brite Tub & Tile Scrubber 3.74 (was 14.99) x2

Home 210 Wall Clock .94 (was 3.79)

The Little Experience build-it boat kit 3.98 (was 15.99)

minus 2 4.00 Tub & Tile Scrubber starter kit coupons (that I took out of the box :)

total of 5.01 with tax :D

Have seen a couple of Tucson Target shoppers on this board so heads up.....at the El Con Target this morning about 9 MM Grape......took 1 and left the rest....not to much else..food on clearance but not cheap enough yet. lol Luv this board.