Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2008

Gator Pam

My store marked them down to 30% 2 weeks ago so I would think maybe this thursday it will be at 50%. They only marked down the one pattern tho.. the other 2 patterns are still full price. (the patterns with the orange and pink butterflies I think it was)

None of ours has been marked. I am watching the Hello Kitty stuff. They only have it at a few stores, I have noticed. It is with the Sunny Patch stuff, but of our 5 stores only 2 have the HK.

None of ours has been marked. I am watching the Hello Kitty stuff. They only have it at a few stores, I have noticed. It is with the Sunny Patch stuff, but of our 5 stores only 2 have the HK.

I havnt seen the HK at anystore...Post when you see your stores mark any down..

Our target was marking down the toddler clothes to 50-75% off. Got 3 really cute skirts for 1.98, the big girl looking tops for 2.48; found an Eddie Bauer All weather stroller fleet blanket for 11.58 reg 48.99; the radios were marked down to 75% off.. the cordless phones are still 50%. Toys still 50%.

I was just coming to post about the Eddie Bauer All weather stroller fleet blanket for $11.xx. They had a couple of them at the Target here, but only one was marked at $11.xx the others were $22.xx

I debated whether to get one for my nephew, but decided that you can't beat that price down from $48.99. :)

Not marked down at my stores yet. Anyone else?

Out of 3 stores that I have visited, one of them has one pattern marked down 30%. They marked it down 2 weeks ago so am hoping for the 50% this week. I bought a chair for my neices and it has a green frame with pink, yellow, and green stripes and dots and 2 big ladybugs on it. Not sure what this style is called, but that's what it looks like. The other 2 stores have the same items, just not on clearance, HMMM.....is it up to the individual store what/when to put things on clearance?? I am thinking of going to Target today, haven't been there since last week and I am going thru withdrawals. I will report back with any finds!!

I have a question about the Fission players - i found one yesterday (spongebob) and my question is - can you download music from Walmart and load it onto this fission player? or will it only play what is pre-loaded on it when you buy it?

I have a question about the Fission players - i found one yesterday (spongebob) and my question is - can you download music from Walmart and load it onto this fission player? or will it only play what is pre-loaded on it when you buy it?

I don't think there is any music pre-loaded on it, but there are some preloaded games. You can buy the little chips/discs for it. I have found that in addition to the ones NPower has, the Disney ones are compatible as well. I have never tried to download from Walmart, but have had lots of luck with Amazon. I have downloaded several kids tunes like the Shrek soundtrack, Alvin & Chipmunks, Hannah Montana, KidzRock, etc. and I am not overly knowledgable when it comes to technology or computers.

Just another question on the kids garden items. Does anyone know if these are considered toys or sporting goods or what?? Just wondering what day the next markdown may be. I believe I first noticed them on clearance on Wed Apr 16th, so today would be at least 2 weeks.

I have a question about the flip camcorder that everyone is talking about. Has anyone used one? Our camcorder was inherited through the family... and it is a dinosaur I'd really like to find something smaller to use, so I was wondering if anyone has any experience with these.

TIA!

Found yesterday in Georgia Target

2 Scene It Travel Games - they had the Disney one for ages 6+ and the Marvel Heros one for ages 13+ -

they come in a round travel kit and the pieces are magnetic so they don't slide around if you are in the car - the DVD fits inside the case also -

marked down from $14.99 to $3.74

was SO excited to find a Tinkerbell Disney Mix for $12.48 today! I think they found someones stash and put it back on the endcap (it was still marked $24.99 or whatever)...I also picked up 6 pairs of hanes socks for $1.74, some cleaning latex gloves (4 pack) for $1.74, and some dish soap (onsale for $2)...good morning!

Some bad news however I wanted to share with the group...at BOTH of my nearby Targets i've noticed that they do not markdown following the usual schedule anymore! I asked and was told that National Target decided to change the way they were handling clearance and now it marks down based on number of items in each section and not BY section/day...so you could have a huge markdown all of a sudden (like 30%-75%) on one kind of stereo the same day that happens to a picture frame (just making up an example). I was not amused by this information :mad: Is anyone else seeing this trend at their Target yet?

was SO excited to find a Tinkerbell Disney Mix for $12.48 today! I think they found someones stash and put it back on the endcap (it was still marked $24.99 or whatever)...I also picked up 6 pairs of hanes socks for $1.74, some cleaning latex gloves (4 pack) for $1.74, and some dish soap (onsale for $2)...good morning!

Some bad news however I wanted to share with the group...at BOTH of my nearby Targets i've noticed that they do not markdown following the usual schedule anymore! I asked and was told that National Target decided to change the way they were handling clearance and now it marks down based on number of items in each section and not BY section/day...so you could have a huge markdown all of a sudden (like 30%-75%) on one kind of stereo the same day that happens to a picture frame (just making up an example). I was not amused by this information :mad: Is anyone else seeing this trend at their Target yet?

I was afraid that something like this was happening when none of the home stuff was marked down at all, there was no clearance endcap. I hope things don't change drastically, but they may.

I was afraid that something like this was happening when none of the home stuff was marked down at all, there was no clearance endcap. I hope things don't change drastically, but they may.

I did notice last week that when they marked down the mp3 players that they didnt mark other electronic stuff down that was on the end caps (they were still 50%) but on friday they marked down the rest of the things... inparticular the dvd holders for the cars. They went to 75% off on FRIDAY.. not the usual day.

Out of 3 stores that I have visited, one of them has one pattern marked down 30%. They marked it down 2 weeks ago so am hoping for the 50% this week. I bought a chair for my neices and it has a green frame with pink, yellow, and green stripes and dots and 2 big ladybugs on it. Not sure what this style is called, but that's what it looks like. The other 2 stores have the same items, just not on clearance, HMMM.....is it up to the individual store what/when to put things on clearance?? I am thinking of going to Target today, haven't been there since last week and I am going thru withdrawals. I will report back with any finds!!

No it isn't up to the individual store. But, if a line isn't selling well in various markets, they may discontinue it in those, particularly if they are smaller stores where selling space is limited. Sounds like some stores are discontinuing a particular line. Can anyone describe which of the lines it is?

Not seeing that here, yet, but it would be good if everyone keeps an eye on things. If we can find some new pattern evolving it would be good to track it. I can't really see them changing the whole system over, but they might. They might also be testing this in some markets, to see how it works out for them.

Like another poster mentioned, it doesn't come preloaded with any songs.

yes, you can dowload from Walmart.com and store it on your computer with Windows Media Player, then move it to the MP3 player.

No it isn't up to the individual store. But, if a line isn't selling well in various markets, they may discontinue it in those, particularly if they are smaller stores where selling space is limited. Sounds like some stores are discontinuing a particular line. Can anyone describe which of the lines it is?

Mine was Giraffe, elephant and ladybug. BUt not all of it just some items as I stated in my other post. HTH

I found the Digital Arts & Crafts Studio-Barbie for 3.50! Ally is getting one of these for her Birthday in June.

I also got the Little People A To Z Learning Zoo Playset for 20.98!!!! Birthday present!

Cabbage Patch Kids Play Sets Pet Day Care 7.99 for Ally

I found the Digital Arts & Crafts Studio-Barbie for 3.50! Ally is getting one of these for her Birthday in June.

I also got the Little People A To Z Learning Zoo Playset for 20.98!!!! Birthday present!

Cabbage Patch Kids Play Sets Pet Day Care 7.99 for Ally

Marking down food items in my Target today. I was just letting them mark down and putting in my cart. LOL.

Market pantry applesauce- LARGE container .98

Market pantry drink boxes- 1.94 (3 varieties bought all 3 there.... expiration good for months yet). I have 2 children who use them in their lunches everyday so this is great).

Wrigley's 17 pack gum.. .24 each. I had several buy one get one free coupons.

Lipton 1 liter bottles of green tea... 1.02 and I used the $1 Target coupon.. so .02 each. (.18 in total! Bought the remaining 9 on the shelf

purse size containers of Advil (used to be by registers... .98 each. Bought 10 of them... Had 10 $1 off any advil (no restrictions) so FREE.

BenGay gel pads... $1.48 (regularly 7.99! Had 2 $1 off coupons) bought all 4 they had (great for my back injury when it flares up)

Cleveland Cavaliers hooded zip up hoodie for my son.. BEAUTIFUL! NBA licensed. Regularly 34.99 and got on clearance for 8.74

Chocolate brown shag rug for my daughters room.. regularly $39.99 and got for $17.48 (matches her new Neopolitan room to a tee!)

suave deodorantes for .24 each. Bought ALL 10 I could find

chapstick on clearance .47 each. Bought 2 to put away.

Kraft Macaroni and cheese family sized box. On clearance for $1... Bought 1

Ortega bottles of taco sauce on clearance for .68 I bought 2 as I had a coupon for .75 on 2

Market pantry salad dressings $1.24 (bought ranch and Italian)

Rice a roni beef.... clearanced to .71 each (bought 4)

Kleenex 3 packs of tissues on clearance for .48. Bought 3 as I had a coupon for .50 off of 3 so really got one free.

Boxes of raisons clearanced to $1.48 (6 pack)

Boxes of cranberries clearanced to $1.48 (6 pack)

I know I bought more, but can't think of it all right now. LOL

VERY GOOD TRIP TODAY

Marking down food items in my Target today. I was just letting them mark down and putting in my cart. LOL.

Market pantry applesauce- LARGE container .98

Market pantry drink boxes- 1.94 (3 varieties bought all 3 there.... expiration good for months yet). I have 2 children who use them in their lunches everyday so this is great).

Wrigley's 17 pack gum.. .24 each. I had several buy one get one free coupons.

Lipton 1 liter bottles of green tea... 1.02 and I used the $1 Target coupon.. so .02 each. (.18 in total! Bought the remaining 9 on the shelf

purse size containers of Advil (used to be by registers... .98 each. Bought 10 of them... Had 10 $1 off any advil (no restrictions) so FREE.

BenGay gel pads... $1.48 (regularly 7.99! Had 2 $1 off coupons) bought all 4 they had (great for my back injury when it flares up)

Cleveland Cavaliers hooded zip up hoodie for my son.. BEAUTIFUL! NBA licensed. Regularly 34.99 and got on clearance for 8.74

Chocolate brown shag rug for my daughters room.. regularly $39.99 and got for $17.48 (matches her new Neopolitan room to a tee!)

suave deodorantes for .24 each. Bought ALL 10 I could find

chapstick on clearance .47 each. Bought 2 to put away.

Kraft Macaroni and cheese family sized box. On clearance for $1... Bought 1

Ortega bottles of taco sauce on clearance for .68 I bought 2 as I had a coupon for .75 on 2

Market pantry salad dressings $1.24 (bought ranch and Italian)

Rice a roni beef.... clearanced to .71 each (bought 4)

Kleenex 3 packs of tissues on clearance for .48. Bought 3 as I had a coupon for .50 off of 3 so really got one free.

Boxes of raisons clearanced to $1.48 (6 pack)

Boxes of cranberries clearanced to $1.48 (6 pack)

I know I bought more, but can't think of it all right now. LOL

VERY GOOD TRIP TODAY

I tried the Lipton tea coupon on the bottles of green tea but the cashier wouldn't allow it. She said it has to be the box of tea. Last week they took it at the same store, but different cashier. I wasn't in the mood to argue so just accepted it. I also found 1 grape MM on shelf. I left 2 grapes on the shelf last week when they had a bunch of the MM's but had no problem grabbing the last one today. Lots of Eggo fat-free or mini waffles on clearance for $1.56 and then used the target Eggo coupon so got them for about a $1. I saw several of the Polaroid videocameras for $49.xx. Are these good? We need a new one. Might try to get one at 75%. I broke down and bought a shutterfly album today at 50% off for $14.99. At first I thought these were expensive, but when I take into account that I don't have to purchase an album or the scrapbooking supplies and it will be much quicker than doing it myself, (time value of money, you know) it makes sense. They had lots left so thought I would try it out and if I like it, I will buy more if/when they go to 75%.

I've wondered if Target would ever go away from clearance by department and opt for more clearance by individual item... kind of like Costco does. (Although I am NO expert on shopping at Costco by any means. I'm never really sure how they handle markdown stuff and would love to have tips on their methods...) It seems, though, that they base markdowns on how much stock they have of any one item (and whether it is "seasonal" or not, which from a "making money" standpoint, makes sense, I guess. It makes it lots harder to guess at when the heck the price of something may go lower though!

... I guess the fun could only last so long at Target, eh? The only thing I've noticed for sure is that there is just not much at all on clearance these days. I only go to Target now about once a week as opposed to my normal 3-4 times a week.