Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2008

Gator Pam

I registered at Target last year when I got married. I had no problems with Target & we did quite a few returns off the registry. But I guess thats something that varies by store & registry situation.

We used it too, but not that many people bought from it for us. We also registered at Sears for tools and got a LOT of those for our wedding! It was really cool for DH. Made him feel a real part of the process.

Hopefully those horror stories are anomalies.

We had a registry there for our wedding and baby shower. Our problem was that apparently the system didn't always update right away and so we got a lot of doubles, and then we had a hard time returning it, if we didn't get a gift receipt.

Yeah, and I think a lot of people don't realize they NEED a gift receipt b/c they are buying it from the registry. Stupid policy on that one.

Got one of the spiderman hooded towels for 75% off. They must have marked them down quickly because tuesday was the first day at 50% off.

I don't remember seeing this posted but I may have missed some posts. My Target had the Fisher Price Bounce and Spin Zebra for 50% off making it $22.xx.

Tried to get the Huggies Clean Team wipes with the $3 off coupon but they wouldn't take the coupon. The manager said that according to corporate policy if a coupon didn't ring up, they wouldn't accept it. ARGHHHHH :mad:

I got the wipes today and had no problem w/coupon. I did get a beep with the lipton Q but since I had three, he just scanned one of them twice.:yup:

Did anyone mention that some of the food in the bulk section has gone 15% off? If not, it has. Not everything, mostly items they don't regularly stock, or items they don't need that much of, I guess. I noticed, in particular, that the Smuckers strawberry jam was cheaper than the same size Market Pantry one. They had most of the Barilla pasta marked down, too.

Did those towels go to 50% before dropping on down? Ours are still at 30%!

What are these towel sets? I went to three different stores and the only had the various character ones for $9.99. Maybe I missed them, I actually haven't been perimeter shopping for over two weeks!

What are these towel sets? I went to three different stores and the only had the various character ones for $9.99. Maybe I missed them, I actually haven't been perimeter shopping for over two weeks!

You saw the beach towels. These are bath towels with a washcloth. Most stores moved them to perimeter endcaps. They sold out quickly once marked down, so they could be gone. They had Disney Cars, Transformers, Spiderman, Hello Kitty, Disney Princess & Dora I think. Maybe some others. Most of the girl ones went first.

You saw the beach towels. These are bath towels with a washcloth. Most stores moved them to perimeter endcaps. They sold out quickly once marked down, so they could be gone. They had Disney Cars, Transformers, Spiderman, Hello Kitty, Disney Princess & Dora I think. Maybe some others. Most of the girl ones went first.

Isn't that funny how that always seems to be the case? I wonder why that is? I only have girls (3 of them), so I sort of get how popular that HK and Disney stuff is and love to buy it when it goes on sale, but is it NOT that important to little boys or are there just more girls in the world or what?

There were a lot of the little boy towel sets left around the stores I've been to, but only one girly set (HK) left. Seems like it's that way with other types of boy/girl themed things too that I've watched in the past... ie, lots more Nemo or Cars Color Wonders awhile back when they were on sale, but the princess/Tinkerbell stuff seemed to sell out faster.. same with sheets, etc...

Just curious as to why that might be... girls are just higher maintenance I guess.:yup:

Went to a different Target today. I thought it was funny I found the Nemo Color wonder set and Disney Princess Color Explosion set and Little Mermaid CW sets on the reg aisle, not marked clearance but of course rang up 2.48. My kids were happy. There really wasnt much clearance at all at that store.

Yay!!! The towels w/washcloths were 75% here!! I got two of them for $2.74 each :) They only had Spiderman, Lightning McQueen, and Transformers. Good thing I have boys!

Tons of clearance tags in the makeup aisle but I didn't have time to look at everything. Lots of Dove deodorant on an endcap. 30% I think.

Found lots of clearance today. They had a lot of the furniture down 75% off. Wish it was styles I was looking for. Found a brass swing lamp for $2.99 which was 90% off, others were not marked down as much but were still on sale. Found lots of food items on clearance also, like rice, juice drinks and can fruit.

has anyone seen the clearanced phones marked down to 75% off?? I may have missed this in the forum, but I know there is a box still at my Target.

Our at still at 30% and have been for 2 weeks so I am hoping they will go down further tomorrow.

Finally got 2 kids towels at $2.74 for anyone that shops at the Vogel target there is a Cars hooded towel in the kids bathroom section that is $2.74 but not marked its super cute but DH said we could only get the towel/washcloth combo. :no:

Thanks for the clarification. Odd, I don't ever remember seeing them even before posts about them being clearanced. Oh well, another missed deal. But I did manage to get some wall sticker art art (sea design) for 75% off. Not much else on the endcaps.

Has anyone seen the CareBears fruit snacks on clearance at their store. There are TONS of them at one of the stores I frequent on clearance, but they have been at 25% off forever (4-5 weeks) I am patiently waiting for them to go lower. Just wondering what they are at other stores. I believe they are regular priced at .99 and now are at .74. I also noticed some media stands/carts for 75% off (reg 99.99, now 24.98) and a desk that I am keeping an eye on that is at 50% (reg 74.99, now 34.99)

I have not been Perusing for long. Does anyone have any predictions about the Leapster? Do you think that will go on clearance? I remember seeing the Pixters last summer, but not Leapsters. What is the rhyme or reason behind clearancing? Is it just items that have been discontinued?

Our target was marking down the toddler clothes to 50-75% off. Got 3 really cute skirts for 1.98, the big girl looking tops for 2.48; found an Eddie Bauer All weather stroller fleet blanket for 11.58 reg 48.99; the radios were marked down to 75% off.. the cordless phones are still 50%. Toys still 50%.

I have not been Perusing for long. Does anyone have any predictions about the Leapster? Do you think that will go on clearance? I remember seeing the Pixters last summer, but not Leapsters. What is the rhyme or reason behind clearancing? Is it just items that have been discontinued?

Not sure there IS a rhyme or reason :D:D but I do know they start marking down toys when they are being discontinued due to packaging changes or upgraded toys. I know there is a big clearance on toys so they can get ready for Christmas stuff. It seems there is a toy clearance in July or early Aug to get ready for school stuff.