Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2008

Gator Pam

I found two lego star wars sets marked 50% today. I was so excited. I never can find lego sets on sale. My son is in love with the lego star wars too. We also find a Nerf gun for 75% off, an entertainment center 50% off, and a few other odds and ends. Pretty good haul today, but of course, I forgot my coupon for 5 off 25 with toys. I wasn't exactly expecting to get toys today.

Did those towels go to 50% before dropping on down? Ours are still at 30%!

I'm not sure. I haven't been to this particular store since last Thursday, but I did check them then, and they were only at 30%. So, they did move from 30% to 75% in the last week, but not sure if there was a 50% markdown in there or not!

I found two lego star wars sets marked 50% today. I was so excited. I never can find lego sets on sale. My son is in love with the lego star wars too. We also find a Nerf gun for 75% off, an entertainment center 50% off, and a few other odds and ends. Pretty good haul today, but of course, I forgot my coupon for 5 off 25 with toys. I wasn't exactly expecting to get toys today.

Oooh, which of the Lego SW Sets were clearanced?

I want to say I remember seeing ones with pets, but those were the first to sell out around here. There were 3 sets. The ones I got today were two princess looking Barbies in green dresses both have brown hair. The Barbies in the pink dresses were not clearanced though even though they are pretty much the same things! The other one was a set it had Barbie & she was sitting on a couch. I will try to remember to take pics in the AM so you guys can see if you have them around you!

I know the ones you are talking about...I'll have to go check them out tomorrow. We have TONS of the ones with the pets and the couch potato one! They have been at 30% for 5 weeks now!

Do you know when they start to mark down the patio furniture? And does it make it to 75% off or is most of it usually gone by then?...

I have found that they do mark down the patio furniture around memorial day and then it goes up again with another sale after the 4th. If you are interested in getting something specific be sure to keep your eye on it. Maybe even checking if it is on sale on-line and ordering it there.

I just purchased the 3 burner Amana gas grill for $50 off! That is the lowest I have ever seen it go on sale (I have been watching it for a year). Apparently the gas grills are sold year round, even in snowy Wisconsin. So they don't do a seasonal discount.

Good luck in getting a deal on your furniture.

The lego set was #7657 which is the "AT-ST" It has 244 pcs. My son calls it the "walker." It was originally 19.99. It was marked 13.85, but when we checked out it was 9.99.

I just found it on target's website.

http://www.target.com/LEGO-Star-All-Terrain-Scout-Transport/dp/B000JXUS00/sr=1-1/qid=1209142529/ref=sr_1_1/602-2208702-0759809?ie=UTF8&index=target&rh=k%3Alego%20at%20st&page=1

Edited by ali_cat320
added html

Was able to get a barbie set for 75%, hooded towels 75%, live love laugh wall hangings 75% , a naked brothers video player 75%, rayovac batteries 75%, cd player/mp3 player 75%, little girls glitter shoes 75%. I think that was it??? Oh and some Little Mermaid panties for dd that came up INF. Good day at Target!! They were marking a lot of the furniture down to 50% off, but I'll wait to see what's left at 75%.

what does it mean when something with a clearance sticker scans INF...and what's the best thing to do if you want to buy it?

:)r

It isn't on file so there is not price attached to it.

SOMETIMES, you can name your own price, sometimes they will name the price for you and other times they will not sell it at all. It depends on your store.

I want to say I remember seeing ones with pets, but those were the first to sell out around here. There were 3 sets. The ones I got today were two princess looking Barbies in green dresses both have brown hair. The Barbies in the pink dresses were not clearanced though even though they are pretty much the same things! The other one was a set it had Barbie & she was sitting on a couch. I will try to remember to take pics in the AM so you guys can see if you have them around you!

LOL, I picked up the same 2 barbies for $3.74 each today! great minds think alike! :yup: also saw one of those standing water coolers for $24.98 (75% off) if anyone is looking for such a thing!

what does it mean when something with a clearance sticker scans INF...and what's the best thing to do if you want to buy it?

:)r

If it HAS a clearance sticker on it and you take it up to the register, you'll get the sticker price. If it rings up INF without a sticker, they'll often just ask you how much it was and sell it to you for that. Sometimes they'll try to find a price. And sometimes they'll just stay sorry.

Was able to get a barbie set for 75%, hooded towels 75%, live love laugh wall hangings 75% , a naked brothers video player 75%, rayovac batteries 75%, cd player/mp3 player 75%, little girls glitter shoes 75%. I think that was it??? Oh and some Little Mermaid panties for dd that came up INF. Good day at Target!! They were marking a lot of the furniture down to 50% off, but I'll wait to see what's left at 75%.

You had a good day! What size where the Little Mermaid panties....what did you end up paying? thanks

I have found that they do mark down the patio furniture around memorial day and then it goes up again with another sale after the 4th. If you are interested in getting something specific be sure to keep your eye on it. Maybe even checking if it is on sale on-line and ordering it there.

I just purchased the 3 burner Amana gas grill for $50 off! That is the lowest I have ever seen it go on sale (I have been watching it for a year). Apparently the gas grills are sold year round, even in snowy Wisconsin. So they don't do a seasonal discount.

Good luck in getting a deal on your furniture.

Thank you for the info:)....the patio furniture I want is VERY expensive!!! So hopefully I find it at 75% off....:yup:

signed up for targets wedding registry and free gifts; got a coupon for two free small popcorns and two free medium sodas!

also received a coupon book :D

Ooh! Beware the registry! We have heard some nightmare stories on here about the registry and duplicate returns! One person was blocked from doing returns at Target because she did so many returns and they were from her registry!!! Anyone else? Not to turn you off too much, but best to be forewarned.

We got a portable DVD case that has straps to attach it to your headrest for $6.24 today.

Tried to get the Huggies Clean Team wipes with the $3 off coupon but they wouldn't take the coupon. The manager said that according to corporate policy if a coupon didn't ring up, they wouldn't accept it. ARGHHHHH :mad:

what coupon book?

the one i received in the bridal registry

Ooh! Beware the registry! We have heard some nightmare stories on here about the registry and duplicate returns! One person was blocked from doing returns at Target because she did so many returns and they were from her registry!!! Anyone else? Not to turn you off too much, but best to be forewarned.

although i'm getting married soon, i only set up the registry for the free gifts :D:yup: i haven't shared the link with anyone and no one knows about it since i still have awhile before i'll get into the intricate wedding planning details

I registered at Target last year when I got married. I had no problems with Target & we did quite a few returns off the registry. But I guess thats something that varies by store & registry situation.

We had a registry there for our wedding and baby shower. Our problem was that apparently the system didn't always update right away and so we got a lot of doubles, and then we had a hard time returning it, if we didn't get a gift receipt.