Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2008

Gator Pam

I picked up the Fission today for $9.98 for my DS2. I know he is a bit young but he picked up a freinds the other day and really enjoyed it. So why not for that price! :) Now I have to figure out how to get music on the thing!

I also picked up the last 3 Ocello sponges today FREE after target Q and some Earths Best Organic Juice packs for $0.84 each.

the net jet controllers were 7.48 and the key card games were 4.98 each--my son's bday was yesterday and these are actually pretty fun to play (online pc only and small print says hasbro has agreed to support until 1-1-09 (hoping this will change as other stores (like walmart) have them still at full price). ~

just letting you guys know that we received this information from hasbro on the net jet controllers and games:

Thank you for contacting Hasbro, Inc.

Hasbro has committed to maintain the Net Jet web site until 1/1/09. Please be advised it may not be available after this date.

We appreciate having the opportunity to assist you.

my mom also called (she had picked up several for christmas gifts) and was told that they were 99% sure that they were not going to maintain the website to play the games... so she will be returning the ones she brought home.

so if anyone comes across these you might not want to hold onto them for future gifts --they probably should be played with as soon as you get them home

I was at my target today and a pretty good find! Spiderman napkins and cups for .38 and .47 for bday party in august. Nice candle holders was 12.99 and only 3.xx candles only .88. Summer style plates and cups for .48 (a 4 pack) cute diego stickers .78, nothing good in toys, electronics (however they did have the video now down to 14.99. Hooded bath towels still 30% off. Didnt have any MM boxes. No good boys clothes marked down significantly.

I found 2 of the color wonder princess sets, marked down to 2.48 from 9.99. I also bought the Go Baby Go! zebra for my nephew for 22.48. JUST MY LUCK... I went to use the 5.00 off coupon for the 2 toys and my total was.... 24.96 before tax, and they wouldn't give it to me, so i had to buy at $2 hot wheel, that didn't even make it worth it to use the coupon!!! O well, win some, loose some i guess. I also bought a glade air freshner fan that was 2.99 but had a $3 off coupon and the refils were marked as is from 3.99 to .76 so i bought a bunch of those!!! That was about it, nothing to exciting!!!

I know that the Stow store can be a problem.:mad:

They are very strick there. That is the store where my DD had a problem & they would not take a return within 90 if pkg was opened or used at all,even if your not happy with it! Did your coupon beep? :confused: Some store are getting new downloads. Before if your total purchase was over $25 they would scan ok. I'm in your area & would like to know if it was just this stores cashier rejecting it or if the couputer is flaging it invalad. Thanks.

Just a quick thought for those of you thinking about purchasing (or already have) the Nickelodeon Fusion or Fission that Target has on clearance. It is quite simple to purchase music online (I use Amazon-don't know if they are the best deal, but I use them out of convenience) and download it onto the mp3 or video players. I have gotten some Hannah Montana songs, Alvin & the Chipmunks, Shrek soundtrack, etc. and all have downloaded onto the player with no problem. You are not limited to the chips that they sell. I realize most of you are probably already aware of that, but just wanted to point it out as I have not really seen any discussions regarding downloading of music. Edited by sillysquirrel

Not a big haul today, but found one color wonder princess kit for 2.48, the transformers Netjet key for 4.98 (son got netjet last year), 10 pack socks 1.38, memory foam slippers 2.98, silken mist panty hose 1.78, green mossimo brand zip jacket(hoodie like but no hood) 4.98, dog flea control packs 2.38, boys pants 3.48, boys Cars tshirt 1.98, and 2 MM's apple.

I noticed a different kind of MP3 player on the clearance racks that no one has mentioned yet. It's a Memorex 1GB MP3 player. They are in blue or red and come pre-loaded with some songs. There are two kinds on the Target website by Memorex but I can't remember which one the clearanced one looked more like. I was wondering if any of you bought any/seen any/hid any, LOL and if they are any good if not, better, than the Fissions and Fusions. I bought a Fusion and was planning to give it to my little sister, but she seems a little too old for the Fusion, so I was thinking about these Memorex MP3 players instead. But no one seems to have mentioned them, so I wasn't sure...

I noticed a different kind of MP3 player on the clearance racks that no one has mentioned yet. It's a Memorex 1GB MP3 player. They are in blue or red and come pre-loaded with some songs. There are two kinds on the Target website by Memorex but I can't remember which one the clearanced one looked more like. I was wondering if any of you bought any/seen any/hid any, LOL and if they are any good if not, better, than the Fissions and Fusions. I bought a Fusion and was planning to give it to my little sister, but she seems a little too old for the Fusion, so I was thinking about these Memorex MP3 players instead. But no one seems to have mentioned them, so I wasn't sure...

I'd steer clear, personally. I bought a different Memorex MP3 player for DS last year for his birthday, but it never worked, and we had to return it. It turned out it had known problems when DH started trying to figure out the problem. At minimum, I'd Google it and see if you find people talking about problems. We also bought a Memorex boom box about 6 months ago to use in the boy's room, and it broke within a week. Took that back too. After 2 such negative experiences with their products, I am not willing to give them another chance.

I mentioned it in thread #678. I bought two of these yesterday: a purple one for my 11 y.o. niece (she's a little too old 4 the fusion, which I'd gotten for her 5 y.o. brother), and a red one for a friend. I got them at two different Targets, and at each store they were the only ones left. I did notice at one Target they have restocked them in new colors, and the new stock are full priced. I compared them...they are exactly the same, just comes with different songs. btw...i think each color has different songs anyway because the songs on the purple one are different from the songs on the red one I got. My niece won't open hers until next month, but my friend will probably open his this weekend so I'll find out from him then if it's any good.

They are very strick there. That is the store where my DD had a problem & they would not take a return within 90 if pkg was opened or used at all,even if your not happy with it! Did your coupon beep? :confused: Some store are getting new downloads. Before if your total purchase was over $25 they would scan ok. I'm in your area & would like to know if it was just this stores cashier rejecting it or if the couputer is flaging it invalad. Thanks.

It is funny you mentioned that. I have not had a problem at the Stow store at all, but I was at the Streetsboro store. The cashier was just a young guy, and he examined the coupon like it was fake, scanned it, it beeped but then on his screen popped up a big red box that said "Must spend $25 before tax" and my total was $24.96.. One of the managers was right there, and she thought about just giving it to me, but then got called away, and said sorry you have to purchase another small toy!!!!

I'd steer clear, personally. I bought a different Memorex MP3 player for DS last year for his birthday, but it never worked, and we had to return it. It turned out it had known problems when DH started trying to figure out the problem. At minimum, I'd Google it and see if you find people talking about problems. We also bought a Memorex boom box about 6 months ago to use in the boy's room, and it broke within a week. Took that back too. After 2 such negative experiences with their products, I am not willing to give them another chance.

The NPower Fission and Fusions are manufactured by Memorex!!

We also go to the stow store often and since before easter the computer beeped if it was even a few cents under $25.00. I just make sure it is over $25.00 and it doesn't matter if it is anything other than toys. It takes it fine as long as it is $25.00 of something.

Supershopper- thanks again for the lead on the bike. My daughter turns 7 this weekend and will be getting it from my parents who live in aurora ( i checked everywhere but that one). They went and got it for me. I see you message me, but i can't send you one back since i just started posting.:)

I googled it. The model # is MMP8568. I found problems with the older model (MMP8565 - the one on Target's website), but not much on this one. I took a chance. I can always return them if necessary.

The batman,hello kitty,transformer towels set and hooded towels are finally 75% off today. The packs of Art-a-Peel decals are also 75% off (4.24) They had animals, polkadots, soccer balls and the dream theme (4 different words with butterflies and dragonflies) Also got the little blue camouflage lamp for $2.48. They only had blue left at our store but I know they came in pink and plain black too. Saw lots of frozen fish packages 50% off. Edited by niccci

Towels were not 75% at my store :( Vogel store had a few barbies left but they hadn't started marking them down & my hubby didn't want to stand around for who knows how long waiting for them to do it. So, went to the South County store & they had quite a few. Only 1 on the endcap but a bunch in the isle & most of them were not actually marked. I picked up 4 Barbie sets & a Fusion music card for under $20 :woot2: So now I have my nieces covered for Christmas!

Any one in St Louis looking for the Fusion cards they had video & music cards both at the South County store. They were all the older kids stuff though so no help for me :( Oh well we just decided we are just going to put movies on the memory cards for him!

We also go to the stow store often and since before easter the computer beeped if it was even a few cents under $25.00. I just make sure it is over $25.00 and it doesn't matter if it is anything other than toys. It takes it fine as long as it is $25.00 of something.

Supershopper- thanks again for the lead on the bike. My daughter turns 7 this weekend and will be getting it from my parents who live in aurora ( i checked everywhere but that one). They went and got it for me. I see you message me, but i can't send you one back since i just started posting.:)

First off, Hi Neighbors! I live in Cuyahoga Falls. Can you please let me in on the lead for a bike, my son will be turning 7 first week of June and DH & I would like to get him a new bike for his BD. He is too big for the one he has now! Any assistance will be greatly appreciated! TIA. Good to know there are other GD'ers in the neighborhood!!

Edited by grocerymom
left out sentence

First off, Hi Neighbors! I live in Cuyahoga Falls. Can you please let me in on the lead for a bike, my son will be turning 7 first week of June and DH & I would like to get him a new bike for his BD. He is too big for the one he has now! Any assistance will be greatly appreciated! TIA. Good to know there are other GD'ers in the neighborhood!!

Hi

I never did see any of these bikes for 75% off but my friend who also shops, Stow, Cuyahoga Falls, and Streetsboro saw and bought a girls bike for $15.00. I looked for it in about 6 different targets but never found it but then another gottadealer told me there was one in Bainbridge-( I call Aurora since thats the town i grew up in):). I think she did say there was a boys bike but not sure the size or if it is still there. The girls was 75% off and it was a Magna. Hope that helps.

Kids towels were marked down 75% to $2.74. Lots of Spiderman, Transformers, and Cars. Only a couple of Hello Kitty left. I found my first ever MM for .69. Also got 4 of the Lipton Tea liters for free (On sale for $1 and used the Target web coupon for $1 off). I saw Barbie boomboxes marked 75% down to 9.99. Also a Lexmark fax/copier/printer 75% off for $24.98 I believe. Huggies cleanteam flushable wipes on sale for $2 and used the $3 mq off so I got 2 of them for $1!! Also used the General Mills target web coupon for cereal in combination with the mq so I got 2 boxes of cereal for $3.08. There were lots of markdowns in the food section. I remember seeing canned fruits and vegetables, taco/fajita kits, flavored rice, etc. Just initial markdowns, nothing to get excited about ...YET! I'm still on the lookout for a Spongebob NPower chip, but so far, no luck.

Towels were not 75% at my store :( Vogel store had a few barbies left but they hadn't started marking them down & my hubby didn't want to stand around for who knows how long waiting for them to do it. So, went to the South County store & they had quite a few. Only 1 on the endcap but a bunch in the isle & most of them were not actually marked. I picked up 4 Barbie sets & a Fusion music card for under $20 :woot2: So now I have my nieces covered for Christmas!

Any one in St Louis looking for the Fusion cards they had video & music cards both at the South County store. They were all the older kids stuff though so no help for me :( Oh well we just decided we are just going to put movies on the memory cards for him!

The Barbie sets...are they the ones with the cat or dog?

Did those towels go to 50% before dropping on down? Ours are still at 30%!

Ours went to 50% and then 75% but they never changed the sign to 50% so if you didnt look at the tag you would have thought they were still 30% off.

The Barbie sets...are they the ones with the cat or dog?

I want to say I remember seeing ones with pets, but those were the first to sell out around here. There were 3 sets. The ones I got today were two princess looking Barbies in green dresses both have brown hair. The Barbies in the pink dresses were not clearanced though even though they are pretty much the same things! The other one was a set it had Barbie & she was sitting on a couch. I will try to remember to take pics in the AM so you guys can see if you have them around you!