Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2008

Gator Pam

Are you serious????? Our fusion players are still $39.98. I have been waiting forever for them to be reduced more. Where are you located?

I would lay odds that they'll reduce them tomorrow. I'd be there if I were you. One of our stores went 75% off 3-4 weeks ago. The other closest store is still at 50% like yours. I would be really shocked if they didn't go tomorrow.

Thanks, I would love to find the juice, wow, I thought I was good at the Target thing, but I have never seen this.

I felt the same way. I've always been pretty 'Target savvy' but finding out about these has been pretty fun. For me, it seems as if it's either feast or famine. I'll either find one (or none) or I'll find loads of them. Of course, I stock up when I find them. :)

This forum has helped me in other ways too. It's been a great thing to find (of course my checkbook would disagree!).

If some food items went down this past week, is it next week when they go down again? My Target had the Care Bears gummie bags on clearance for .75 each... Regularly $1 (from checkout aisles). I want to get them when they are .50 or lower. I swear there has to be over 50 packs on the endcap. I want to buy them for my daughter's class, but .75 is a bit much as yet as I need 32 of them. Food is Tuesdays.. Should I look tomorrow or wait till next week.

If some food items went down this past week, is it next week when they go down again? My Target had the Care Bears gummie bags on clearance for .75 each... Regularly $1 (from checkout aisles). I want to get them when they are .50 or lower. I swear there has to be over 50 packs on the endcap. I want to buy them for my daughter's class, but .75 is a bit much as yet as I need 32 of them. Food is Tuesdays.. Should I look tomorrow or wait till next week.

Generally it is every other week, so probably next week.

I just wanted to say THANK YOU to everyone that posted about the monkey/jungle items in the Dollar Spot area. I make the 1 1/2 trip on Saturday and came home with 2 monkey pillows, 2 monkey rugs, a monkey sign, and a monkey bank. All for $15.00. Now I will just have to watch and see when they clearance these items out. LOL

I didn't really find any clearance per say. I did get the 12 packs of pop 4/10 plus the $1/2 coupon making them $2.00 a pack though.

Found a Durabuilt 50 pc Hobby and Craft Set today. Reg price $19.99, now $4.98. DPCI is 085 05 0188. I can't find it on the Target site but found one on ebay (not my auction). It lists everything that comes in it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/DURABUILT-50-PIECE-HOBBY-AND-CRAFT-SET_W0QQitemZ110240271361QQcmdZViewItem?IMSfp=TL080405102a18497

Where did you find this??? With the tools or craft section??? I have been looking for one for my mom.

Went this AM in hopes that the Shutterfly stuff would be marked down some more but the girl told me they wouldn't be going down anymore this week so...only 30% still.

We did find a great Diego book with sounds for $2.98 (orig. $11.98)!

Has anyone noticed if their Target has the Folger Gourmet Coffee in BEANS (not ground)??? There is a target coupon for the coffee but my husband wanted the beans.

I happened upon the markdown team in the infant/toddler clearance rack area today and asked them if things were being marked further. They were not helpful or friendly so I just said I'd be back later. Well I returned in about 20 miniutes and they were still there but had moved on to other racks and did not seem happy to see me at all. I scored about 40 children's shirts for .98 each - just marked down to 75% off. I think they were all Circo brand - sports themes for boys and rainbows and stripes mostly for girls. Disney Princess t-shirts were $1.48. I am keeping a few shirts for my daughter and the rest are going to a mission group in Haiti. Then I also found sone 75% off Princess Bear room decorations like knobs, hooks, and the like. Regular plain hooks and things like that were also 75% off.

In the bigger girl section, I also got some St. Patrick's day shirts for $1.25. I guess they never went to 90% but they aren't all that St. Patty's Day looking so they'll be fine. Some regular big boy clothes like polo style were also 75% off so I grabbed a few of those too.

This is not clearance but they have a promotional box of greeting cards out now - several varieties and it is $9.99 for 20 cards. I got the general birthday one and it is a wonderful selection for both kids and adults - really cute textured cards with cute designs...

It was a fun trip but the cashier totally forgot to give me one giant bag I had paid for and I got all the way home before I realized it -arghh!

I happened upon the markdown team in the infant/toddler clearance rack area today and asked them if things were being marked further. They were not helpful or friendly so I just said I'd be back later. Well I returned in about 20 miniutes and they were still there but had moved on to other racks and did not seem happy to see me at all. I scored about 40 children's shirts for .98 each - just marked down to 75% off. I think they were all Circo brand - sports themes for boys and rainbows and stripes mostly for girls. Disney Princess t-shirts were $1.48. I am keeping a few shirts for my daughter and the rest are going to a mission group in Haiti. Then I also found sone 75% off Princess Bear room decorations like knobs, hooks, and the like. Regular plain hooks and things like that were also 75% off.

In the bigger girl section, I also got some St. Patrick's day shirts for $1.25. I guess they never went to 90% but they aren't all that St. Patty's Day looking so they'll be fine. Some regular big boy clothes like polo style were also 75% off so I grabbed a few of those too.

This is not clearance but they have a promotional box of greeting cards out now - several varieties and it is $9.99 for 20 cards. I got the general birthday one and it is a wonderful selection for both kids and adults - really cute textured cards with cute designs...

It was a fun trip but the cashier totally forgot to give me one giant bag I had paid for and I got all the way home before I realized it -arghh!

OH NO! I hope you were able to go back and get them ...and no one took them all! :(

btw, great deals you found! :)

OH NO! I hope you were able to go back and get them ...and no one took them all! :(

btw, great deals you found! :)

thanks, yes, and the woman who checked me out and forgot to give me the bag was actually there with it right behind cust service when I returned. I think she is a manager! She was sorry for it since she saw I was struggling with 3 hungry kids. :) This has happened to me twice now!

Where did you find this??? With the tools or craft section??? I have been looking for one for my mom.

It was on an endcap near the hardware stuff (like lightbulbs, flashlights, that kind of stuff).

That happened to my cousin a few weeks ago....but when she went back to get the bag it was no where to be found. It had a sundress, 2 girls bathing suits , shoes and a couple of other things in it. Target made good for all of it. Thought that was good of them. My cousin isn't sure what happened to the original bag.:no:

Oh my, you must be at a BIG Target to have that many party sets, we had an endcap full LOL

LOL i am thinking the same thing. The Target i went to yesterday had maybe 12 of them? if that many........

how is the rest of that store? you must find lots of bargains Ü

LOL i am thinking the same thing. The Target i went to yesterday had maybe 12 of them? if that many........

how is the rest of that store? you must find lots of bargains Ü

that was my first time there, actually....i haven't been living here long, back home there was a super target 5 minutes from my house! two, actually...i loved it!

i think i'll start going to the super target every once in awhile, even though its farther away.

I would lay odds that they'll reduce them tomorrow. I'd be there if I were you. One of our stores went 75% off 3-4 weeks ago. The other closest store is still at 50% like yours. I would be really shocked if they didn't go tomorrow.

I couldn't make it there today, but I am going to go tomorrow. Hopefully I'm not too late. Our Target had a ton of these things and they didn't seem to be selling. Of course everyone is probably waiting to see if they will get reduced more, just as I am. I'll let you know if I get lucky. BTW, thanks lovetoshopCA for all the Target posting you do! It is extremely helpful to me.

Are you serious????? Our fusion players are still $39.98. I have been waiting forever for them to be reduced more. Where are you located?

I am located in NJ - one store had them 75% and the other store I recently went too about 10 minutes away was still 50%.

I haven't had a chance to go back Target yet, hopefully tomorrow I'll check out a different one.

For you scrapbookers out there...

Was at Target this last weekend and picked up some cardstock for scrapbooking. It is WAUSAU PAPER brand, CREATIVE COLLECTIONS Classics Cardstock. Comes as a 17 color assortment.

8 x 8 size, 70 sheets

The shelf was marked $6.99 but it scanned ITEM NOT FOUND. So when I took it up to the register the girl asked if I remembered the price and dishonest me told her $4.99 (figured it probably was clearance when all the scrapbooking stuff was a few months ago!) so I got it for that. Went to a different Target today, picked up another package and told the girl $1.00 :cheesy: this time and got it for a buck! It's is in the scrapbooking aisle with all the other cardstock but this one is the 8x8.

ENJOY!!!

My popcorn/drink combo is $1.00 and the pretzel/pop combo is $2.00.......How much do you have to pay for your pretzel/pop combo?

$1.00 for pop and popcorn, but I went to a different store today and the girl acted like she didn't have a clue as to what I was talking about. THe sign was stuck right to the popcorn popper. She said she has never sold that before!

Pretzel and pop is $2.00

Yesterday I went to Target, and found summer toddler clothes .98 each! They were 75% off. I was kind of shocked that they had summer clothes on clearance.

yes, me too - these are the same ones I got 30-40 of to send down to Haiti. The one lady on the markdown team gave me such dirty looks I assumed she wanted them for herself. I did leave a few ;). I am excited they are short-sleeved - I think the girl styles have been reduced for 30-50% quite some time even though the weather here has just started to get warm - maybe they were intended to be "undershirts" though they are too cute for that. The boys' short sleeved shirts going 75% right now is harder to fathom - they totally look like summer T-shirts...

If you are interested in finding these, here is what to look for:

boys - red and blue short-sleeved t-shirts with different animal/sports designs on them, gray with blue and red stripes at the top, all Circo brand I think...

girls - snap and non-snap style in these patterns - pastel rainbow, light green with cherries, pastel green stripe, pastel pink stripe, cornflower blue, polka dots + more, all Circo brand...

Edited by cokemeyer

Yesterday I went to Target, and found summer toddler clothes .98 each! They were 75% off. I was kind of shocked that they had summer clothes on clearance.

I am going today! I had picked up a few when they were 50% off but left some. I hope they are still there! My DS needs some summer clothes!

I am going today! I had picked up a few when they were 50% off but left some. I hope they are still there! My DS needs some summer clothes!

We wear summer clothes 10 months out of the year. I hope they have a bunch....I'm going to hit 2 Targets & Kohl's this morning (my Kohl's cash expires today and can't be used online!) Hopefully I'll report back with some good deals