Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2008

Gator Pam

What exactly are these Mix Max things? I don't think I've seen them. :confused:

If you go to target.com and type in the search window mix max you will see a picture of one. They are the size of an mp3 player but they play videos. Like High School Musical and Hanna Montana and different things. They cost 99.99 regular and then you buy the different videos to play in them. They also play music clips I think.

I found some good stuff at 90% off

a hello kitty basket .99

an eeyore basket .99

3- 20Q's game .99 (I found these pastel ones mixed in with the regular 20 Q's games)

2 easter books .10

soccer ball eggs .19

easter egg deco kit w/ candy .49

and another polly pocket fold up kit 2.49

If anyone is looking for those 20 Q's games, definately look by the regular priced 20 Q's games.

These are great gifts for kids and adults. I got pink, blue, and green pastel ones.

I'm looking for some more of those FLOR mats that are 75% off in the DFW area. I want the ones with the stripes on them. Please let me know.

We still have 2 boxes at our Target store in Norman Ok but it would cost you 35-40 to shipp them since they are so heavy.

i would love to hear of some good stash spots too! someone always finds my spots or it gets put back.

Me too! I only tried to stash stuff a couple of times, but it never worked! The places that I thought would work, like in drawers, must get checked often! :yup:

The hooded towels are $7.48 at my store...is that the 30% off price? They have a ton of Spiderman and Hello Kitty but no Princess ones. :(

The towels were 30% off at my store too. I was hoping for them to go a little cheaper though so I could stock up! They had transformers, spiderman, cars, hello kitty, & some other girly ones. I have a boy so I didn't pay too much attention to girls ones. I'm not sure when these were marked down, but I am hoping they go down again this week.

Our targets must be great at putting merchandise where it belong. You never find any of the Holiday stuff mixed in with the regular stuff. I would love to find some of the bubbles and 20 Qs. I am still looking for the basketball and soccer easter eggs. I went to three stores and can only find none or the pink or basketball. Anyone have any extra? I need like 3 bags of the basketball and four of soccer.

Is anyone else watching the kids character towels?? My store had them 30% any idea when they will be getting discounted again? My little guy has outgrown all his baby towels so I thought these would be fun for him.

Also I have been watching the Barbie sets in the toy clearance. If anyone sees them drop to 75% could you tell me? Thanks!

they just marked them this past week, so you are looking at close to a month before they hit 75%. They will mostly be gone before that if past years are any indication. I bought them a year or two ago.

I was watching the towels and found them at 50% at one store (eastern PA) over the weekend. They were $5.xx. A few other stores still have them at 30% near me.

ooh...lucky you. Most of the stores seem to have just marked them this past week when they were in the online flyer.

I went out today and found a few things. I got a musical jump rope for 29 cents, one of the lego sets for 39 cents, and I can't remember what else.

My best find was at a Target I've never been to. It was a super ne so my friend and I ventured out. All the Easter stuff was gone but we still looked around. The store was extremely organized (not good for me). As I was walking I found 2 packages of Littlest Pet shop from Valentine's Day. I was siked! I went to find somebody and they said they were $6.99. I knew this wasn't right since they clearanced them. So I went to checkout and gave them to the cashier. She didn't know how to find a price so called someone over to help. She came back and said give them to her for 70 cents. I was so happy I almost peed my pants...lol! It was a good day;)

Just a F.Y.I.

I have been finding the little No-Spill bubbles by the regular bubbles in the toy section for .59.

They also have Dora & Diego bubble whistles mixed in with the summer stuff for .49. (This was Easter stuff)

Do you happen to have a picture of these? TIA:)

A reminder that this thread is for discussing Target clearance deals ONLY! Off-topic chit-chat will be deleted without warning. Please keep this thread useful and eliminate the need to sort through the non-Target chatter to find the latest clearance finds. Thanks.

I hope this thread stays active, as posters share their hints and clearance finds at Target. I've been Perimeter Perusing Target for about three years now, and find it helps me get through from one BF to the following year.

As many of you know, the Brick and Mortar store Target is known for their terrific clearance deals. You may have noticed that although the sticker price, including the reddish orange clearance stickers, says one price, that many times the items scan for less. It could be better for you if the item is priced higher and does scan less. Many shoppers do not realize this and pass the item by. Also, many times an item is not marked clearance in any way and I would suggest if you are interested in an item that you take it to the nearest scanner and check the price that comes up.

The standard clearance at Target works by items being marked down 15% or 30% initially. This price can last somewhere between two weeks to a month, depending on how well the item sells at this price. Then the item typically drops to 50%, again for two weeks to a month. Generally, the lowest an item will be marked down is 75% off, with a few exceptions. Items considered 'holiday' or 'seasonal' items have been known to go as low as 90% after the holiday, and you will find a few occasional display items or things found in the stockroom after inventory marked 80%-90% off. Almost always, the lowest price an item will go will usually end in $.x4 or $.x8, but not always.

A markdown schedule for the seasonal or holiday clearance is as follows:

Traditional Holiday clearance schedule

50% off day after holiday for three days

75% off fourth day after holiday for three days

90% off seventh day after holiday for 1-2 days.

Other than Chr-stmas this is the schedule used for holiday clearance, including Valentine's Day, Easter, Summerville, and Halloween, for at least the last two years

Also, Target is the only store I have found where many, although not all, of the cashiers seem to have the ability to bargain on a price when an item doesn't scan with one. There are times when an item will scan as 'clearance + tax'. Be happy in these situations instead of groaning. Sometimes the cashier can do a price over ride sort of thing to find the most recent lowest price, but sometimes if you say 'I'll take it for (whatever 75% off the marked retail price would be)' they'll just key that in. It's always worth a shot. Same thing applies for an item that scans 'NOF' (Not on file). This means the item is so old that it is completely out of the computer system. Again, I would try offering the 75% off the retail price, but if necessary a price can usually be looked up at the Guest Services Desk. However, if an item has gone 'salvage,' this may backfire on you. In this instance, Target marks the item back up to full retail value, before pulling it from the shelves and donating it to a charity, such as Goodwill or the Salvation Army for a tax write off. this is how Target claims to donate so much to charity.

The markdown teams in each store seems to keep to a standardized schedule, but there are stores that seem to have different ones. For those who do follow it the departmental mark down days are:

------- Mark Down Schedule -------

-Mon. -- Electronics, Kids Clothing and Stationary (Cards, GiftWrap, etc.)

-Tues. -- Domestics, Women's Clothing, Pets and Market (food items)

-Wed. -- Men's Clothing, Toys, Health and Beauty, Lawn & Garden items

-Thur. -- House Wares, Lingerie, Shoes, Sporting Goods, Movies, Music, Books, Decor and Luggage

-Fri. -- Auto, Cosmetics, Hardware, & Jewelry

This schedule says nothing about weekend mark downs, but I have seen items change in price between a Saturday morning perimeter perusal and one done on a Sunday afternoon. I still haven't found any rhyme or reason to what gets marked down on those days though. Another part of the fun.

Go to Target.com and see if there are any updates about new Target openings.

Target does not have a lay-a-way, but diehard Perimeter Perusers have tried various methods of getting around this. Most are constantly debated on the various forums dedicated to this subject as far as being 'ethical' or not, I'll leave it for you to decide for yourself.

When an item goes 50% off, and there are several left, some posters have said they find a 'hiding' place to put the item and they go back to see if the item is still there several weeks later to scan and see if it dropped in price. Some common hiding places shared is:

In the middle of a round clothes rack, where all of the clothes hide the item.

About a third of the way off the floor of a stack of pillows.

Behind similar items, perhaps with newer packaging, on the proper shelf.

Sometimes, when items are getting scarce at 50% off, posters will buy them at that price and hold on to the receipt. If they find the item later at 75% or 90% off, they will buy the item again, remove any clearance stickers that show the lower price, and return the item at another time with the older, higher priced receipt, as long as it is within the 90 day return period.

Target initiated a new return policy in November of 2002 that says any 'seasonal' clearance items returned will be refunded at the current clearance price, even with a receipt! They updated the policy in April, 2003 to specify these items as Chr-stmas trees and decorations and Hallowe'en costumes and decorations. As far as I know, all other seasonal merchandise should be refunded at the price stated on the reciept.

I hope y'all find this information helpful, and would love to know of other Perimeter Perusers tricks that I may not have covered!

MM Juice or MM packs refer to 10 packs of Minute Maid juice boxes that can generally be bought for $.69. They are found in the juice aisle mixed in with the 15 packs. This usually includes only the Grape, Apple & Fruit Punch flavors -- never Orange Juice. They look exactly like the 15 packs which are generally stocked on the shelf, but instead of having 3 rows of 5 boxes, there are only 2 rows. They are often mixed in with the others, and even hidden in the back behind the 15 packs. You may go months or longer before you find your first set, but they really do exist. They are not an urban legend. And most of us can attest that you'll do a little dance in the aisle when you find them the first time.

Here an online site to print off Target coupons: http://www.afullcup.com/upload/cmps_index.php?page=coupon_generator

A reminder that this thread is for discussing Target clearance deals ONLY! Off-topic chit-chat will be deleted without warning. Please keep this thread useful and eliminate the need to sort through the non-Target chatter to find the latest clearance finds. Thanks.

I hope this thread stays active, as posters share their hints and clearance finds at Target. I've been Perimeter Perusing Target for about three years now, and find it helps me get through from one BF to the following year.

As many of you know, the Brick and Mortar store Target is known for their terrific clearance deals. You may have noticed that although the sticker price, including the reddish orange clearance stickers, says one price, that many times the items scan for less. It could be better for you if the item is priced higher and does scan less. Many shoppers do not realize this and pass the item by. Also, many times an item is not marked clearance in any way and I would suggest if you are interested in an item that you take it to the nearest scanner and check the price that comes up.

The standard clearance at Target works by items being marked down 15% or 30% initially. This price can last somewhere between two weeks to a month, depending on how well the item sells at this price. Then the item typically drops to 50%, again for two weeks to a month. Generally, the lowest an item will be marked down is 75% off, with a few exceptions. Items considered 'holiday' or 'seasonal' items have been known to go as low as 90% after the holiday, and you will find a few occasional display items or things found in the stockroom after inventory marked 80%-90% off. Almost always, the lowest price an item will go will usually end in $.x4 or $.x8, but not always.

Other than Chr-stmas this is the schedule used for holiday clearance, including Valentine's Day, Easter, Summerville, and Halloween, for at least the last two years

Also, Target is the only store I have found where many, although not all, of the cashiers seem to have the ability to bargain on a price when an item doesn't scan with one. There are times when an item will scan as 'clearance + tax'. Be happy in these situations instead of groaning. Sometimes the cashier can do a price over ride sort of thing to find the most recent lowest price, but sometimes if you say 'I'll take it for (whatever 75% off the marked retail price would be)' they'll just key that in. It's always worth a shot. Same thing applies for an item that scans 'NOF' (Not on file). This means the item is so old that it is completely out of the computer system. Again, I would try offering the 75% off the retail price, but if necessary a price can usually be looked up at the Guest Services Desk. However, if an item has gone 'salvage,' this may backfire on you. In this instance, Target marks the item back up to full retail value, before pulling it from the shelves and donating it to a charity, such as Goodwill or the Salvation Army for a tax write off. this is how Target claims to donate so much to charity.

The markdown teams in each store seems to keep to a standardized schedule, but there are stores that seem to have different ones. For those who do follow it the departmental mark down days are:

-Thur. -- House Wares, Lingerie, Shoes, Sporting Goods, Movies, Music, Books, Decor and Luggage

This schedule says nothing about weekend mark downs, but I have seen items change in price between a Saturday morning perimeter perusal and one done on a Sunday afternoon. I still haven't found any rhyme or reason to what gets marked down on those days though. Another part of the fun.

Target does not have a lay-a-way, but diehard Perimeter Perusers have tried various methods of getting around this. Most are constantly debated on the various forums dedicated to this subject as far as being 'ethical' or not, I'll leave it for you to decide for yourself.

When an item goes 50% off, and there are several left, some posters have said they find a 'hiding' place to put the item and they go back to see if the item is still there several weeks later to scan and see if it dropped in price. Some common hiding places shared is:

Sometimes, when items are getting scarce at 50% off, posters will buy them at that price and hold on to the receipt. If they find the item later at 75% or 90% off, they will buy the item again, remove any clearance stickers that show the lower price, and return the item at another time with the older, higher priced receipt, as long as it is within the 90 day return period.

Target initiated a new return policy in November of 2002 that says any 'seasonal' clearance items returned will be refunded at the current clearance price, even with a receipt! They updated the policy in April, 2003 to specify these items as Chr-stmas trees and decorations and Hallowe'en costumes and decorations. As far as I know, all other seasonal merchandise should be refunded at the price stated on the reciept.

I hope y'all find this information helpful, and would love to know of other Perimeter Perusers tricks that I may not have covered!

MM Juice or MM packs refer to 10 packs of Minute Maid juice boxes that can generally be bought for $.69. They are found in the juice aisle mixed in with the 15 packs. This usually includes only the Grape, Apple & Fruit Punch flavors -- never Orange Juice. They look exactly like the 15 packs which are generally stocked on the shelf, but instead of having 3 rows of 5 boxes, there are only 2 rows. They are often mixed in with the others, and even hidden in the back behind the 15 packs. You may go months or longer before you find your first set, but they really do exist. They are not an urban legend. And most of us can attest that you'll do a little dance in the aisle when you find them the first time.

Here an online site to print off Target coupons: http://www.afullcup.com/upload/cmps_index.php?page=coupon_generator

DCPI lookup: http://devsite.x10hosting.com/TargetASIN/Target.php

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImageWelcome to the Wonderful World of Target Perimeter Perusing! Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

PerimeterPerusing.com - quick text-only list of current monthly finds - great for printing to take with you!

As many of you know, Target B&M stores are known for their terrific clearance deals. This thread is for GottaDeal.com forum members to share their latest clearance finds. Also, please keep non-clearance discussion to a minimum - there are other threads for discussing weekly sale ads and store policy. This first post will contain some background information on the wonderful world of Target clearance, otherwise known around here as Perimeter Perusing!

You may have noticed that although the sticker price (the red-orange clearance sticker) show one price, many times the items will actually scan for a lesser amount. You can use this to your advantage because many shoppers without the benefit of being GottaDeal members do not realize this and pass the item by, thinking the sticker price is the actual price. Also, many times an item is not marked clearance in any way but still may be on clearance, so if you have an item that you would consider buying if it was on clearance, we suggest you take it to the nearest scanner and check the price that comes up. This is especially true of items which other members have reported being on clearance at their local store.

The standard clearance pattern at Target usually begins by items being marked down 15% or 30% at the beginning. This price can last somewhere between two weeks to a month, depending on how well the item sells at this price and what department the item is from. Then the item typically drops to 50%, again for anywhere from two weeks to a month in most cases. Generally, the lowest an item will be marked down is 75% off, with a few exceptions.

Items considered 'holiday' or 'seasonal' items have been known to go as low as 90%, and you will find a few occasional display items or things found in the stockroom after inventory discounted in the 80%-90% range. In many cases, the lowest price an item will go will usually end in $x.x4 or $x.x8, but this is not always the case for 100% of items, so take that into consideration.

A typical markdown schedule for the seasonal or holiday clearance is as follows:

Posted ImageTraditional Post-Holiday Target Clearance Schedule

50% off - marked down on the day after the holiday, usually lasts for three days
75% off - marked down on the fourth day after the holiday, usually lasts for three days
90% off - marked down on the seventh day after the holiday, usually lasts for 1-3 days

Other than Christmas, this is usually the schedule used for post-holiday clearance, including Valentine's Day, Easter, Summerville, and Halloween, for at least the last few years.

Target initiated a controversial new return policy in November 2002 that says any seasonal clearance items returned will be refunded at the current clearance price, even with a receipt showing a higher purchase price. They updated the policy in April 2003 to specify these items as Christmas trees and decorations and Halloween costumes and decorations. Other seasonal merchandise should still be refunded at the price stated on the reciept.

Target is one of the few stores where many (although not all) of the cashiers have the ability to bargain when an item doesn't scan with a price. There are times when an item will scan as 'clearance + tax' - be happy in these situations instead of groaning. Sometimes the cashier can do a price override to find the most recent lowest price, but sometimes if you say "I'll take it for (whatever 75% off the marked retail price would be)" they'll just key that in. It's always worth a shot.

The same thing applies for an item that scans 'NOF' (Not On File). This means the item is so old that it is completely out of the computer inventory system. Again, a good suggestion is to try offering the 75% off the retail price, but if necessary a price can usually be looked up at the Guest Services Desk. However, if an item has gone 'salvage,' this may backfire on you. In this instance Target marks the item back up to full retail value before pulling it from the shelves and donating it to a charity such as Goodwill or the Salvation Army for a tax write off. This is one of the reasons how Target can claim to donate so much to charity.

The markdown teams in each many stores have been known to keep to a standardized schedule, but there are stores that have different ones, so your experience many vary. For those who do follow the standard schedule, the departmental markdown days are:

Posted ImageTraditional Department Mark Down Schedule

Monday - Electronics, Kids' Clothing, Stationery, Cards, Gift wrap
Tuesday - Domestics, Women's Clothing, Pets, Market Pantry
Wednesday - Men's Clothing, Toys, Health and Beauty, Lawn & Garden
Thursday - Housewares, Lingerie, Shoes, Sporting Goods, Movies, Music, Books, Decor, Luggage
Friday - Automotive, Cosmetics, Hardware, Jewelry

Note that while this schedule says nothing about weekend markdowns, many Perimeter Perusers on the forum have seen items change in price between a Saturday morning shopping trip and one done on a Sunday afternoon. But nobody has found any rhyme or reason to what gets marked down on those days though - another part of the fun.

Target does not have a layaway plan, but die-hard Perimeter Perusers have tried various methods of getting around this. Most are constantly debated on the forum as far as being 'ethical' or not, so we'll leave it for you to decide for yourself. Just don't be surprised to find some differing opinions if you bring it up in this thread.

When an item goes 50% off and there are several left, some posters have said they find a hiding place to put the item. They then go back to see if the item is still there several weeks later, and if so, scan it to see if it has dropped in price. Some common hiding places shared are in the middle of a round clothes rack, where all of the clothes hide the item, about a third of the way off the floor of a stack of pillows or behind similar items, perhaps with newer packaging, on the proper shelf.

Sometimes, when items are getting scarce at 50% off, posters will buy them at that price and hold on to the receipt. If they find the item later at 75% or 90% off, they will buy the item again, remove any clearance stickers that show the lower price and return the item at another time with the older, higher priced receipt, as long as it is within the 90-day return period.

While not technically a clearance topic, in this thread, you may see reference to MM Juice or MM packs. These refer to 10 packs of Minute Maid juice boxes that can generally be bought for $.69. They are found in the juice aisle mixed in with the 15 packs. This usually includes only the Grape, Apple & Fruit Punch flavors -- never Orange Juice. They look exactly like the 15 packs which are generally stocked on the shelf, but instead of having 3 rows of 5 boxes, there are only 2 rows. They are often mixed in with the others, and even hidden in the back behind the 15 packs. You may go months or longer before you find your first set, but they really do exist. They are not an urban legend. And most of us can attest that you'll do a little dance in the aisle when you find them the first time.

Posted ImageHelpful Target Clearance-Related Links

Target Store Locator
Target Coupon Generator
PerimeterPerusing.com

Went by Target today to check out the 75% off Dollar Spot. I picked up some Elmo

books. They had some cute Elmo drawstring type bags, but I didn't get them because

they seemed difficult to open. No batteries here. My SIL in So Cal went to the

Spectrum Target on Sunday and found some cute kid purses and socks.

I looked for the Spiderman web blaster, but they were all gone.

Easter was pretty picked over. Mostly baskets and eggs.

Finally, I got to do the happy dance...:D...found 4 MM. I didn't think it would ever happen.

Also found Cars bike helmet for 4.98 orig.19.99 (must of been a return),

2 spiderman easter baskets for nephews (planning on using 'em for Halloween)

Fusion is still 50% off.

Does anyone else's electronics department have the hot pink MP2 players on clearance. Nothing fancy as I can tell but perfect for my daughter who will be 8 this christmas. Regular price is $50 but right now they were in my Target for $12.48. Do you think they will go lower OR should I buy now?

Does anyone else's electronics department have the hot pink MP2 players on clearance. Nothing fancy as I can tell but perfect for my daughter who will be 8 this christmas. Regular price is $50 but right now they were in my Target for $12.48. Do you think they will go lower OR should I buy now?

They're on clearance at ours, but they're still $25. I would buy it now if I were you...

they won't go below 75% off.

So, did anyone's Dollar Spot go 90%? Ours were all salvaged yesterday. I did find 2 Spiderman Potato Heads for $.99 each in the toy department. :)

Our Dollar Spot did go 90% - well, just one shelf of it, but I have no idea what was on that shelf because it was wiped clean by the time I saw it Sunday - all that was left was the 90% off sign!