Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2008

Gator Pam

I keep forgetting to answer the question about how the Photokinz work - my DH installed several pictures on each of my 3 kids' photokinz so far and he had no problems whatsoever! He said the software actually is contained right within the toy so really it is plug n play. We don't have Windows Vista and I hear you may have minor issues with that, but overall it was a great purchase. The kids, even the baby, love looking at pics of their family on their lovies. :)

Went Today and found a princess dress up easter basket and got it for 1.49!! They had two rows all 90% off . Thanks too whoever posted that the spiderman web blaster was 75% off because it was marked at only 50% off but I knew that it was 75% off because of this website!

My score of the day was 4 mm juices 2 apple, 1 punch and 1 grape. They all had the free tonkens coupon on them also. Please let me know if the mp3's go to 75% in the morning!!TIA

Does anyone know how much the Disney Princess watch with the heart shaped thing on top and the pink furry stuff is supposed to be? It came up INF and the cashier offered $2.50 and I said perfect. My dd2 will love it. :)

I think I found one 75% off and it was 1.98. My dd is also 2 years old and loves princess!!!

Someone posted that Shutterfly was 30% off. What Shutterfly items do they have now? I checked 3 stores, and have not found anything. Thanks!

they had the 8x8 photobook, keychain, storybook and one other i cannot remember...i'm heading back in the AM so i'll post again tomorrow.

OK all you "stashers" attention: I have tried several different places to "stash" stuff but it always get found. What is the best area to hide stuff? I have tried in drawers of furniture;behind towels and even behind the large boxes like golf clubs and it never stays hidden. Any suggestions?????????????/:D:D

LOL! Drawers never works at Target. Not sure why, but they always seem to check those. However, it is the only place that ever worked for me at Walmart. I don't frequent Walmart, but because our store is SO painfully slow about markdowns, I stashed some Vsmile games in the baby department changing table drawers. They stayed there for 2 months!!!! I was finally able to get the games when they did the markdown.

I hope none of those who PMed me were Target employees who were just trying to get our tips. But if so, oh well....it has always been more of a game to see if I could keep the item in the store long enough for it to get marked down to a price where I would buy it. So I'll survive if I've given away all my secrets. :D

OK all you "stashers" attention: I have tried several different places to "stash" stuff but it always get found. What is the best area to hide stuff? I have tried in drawers of furniture;behind towels and even behind the large boxes like golf clubs and it never stays hidden. Any suggestions?????????????/:D:D

I stash stuff in different spots depending on the store. I actually outsmart myself sometimes. Today I went in to stash 3 of the Spongebob Fusions, and found some embellishment jars (scrapbook stuff) I forgot I had stashed there a few weeks ago when they were still 50%.:eek: So I went ahead and bought the jars (now scanning 75% off) to make room for my new stash.

I keep forgetting to answer the question about how the Photokinz work - my DH installed several pictures on each of my 3 kids' photokinz so far and he had no problems whatsoever! He said the software actually is contained right within the toy so really it is plug n play. We don't have Windows Vista and I hear you may have minor issues with that, but overall it was a great purchase. The kids, even the baby, love looking at pics of their family on their lovies. :)

I installed my daughters pics on her Photokinz using Vista. I had to use the workaround, but it's just as simple...maybe one extra step. Still, it took less than 15 mins...and it wouldn't have taken that long except dd took a long time to decide which photos she wanted loaded. :rolleyes:

I did really good at Target this weekend. I thought for sure Easter stuff would be 90% on Saturday (because it was 90% on the 6th day for Vday) but it was still 75%. I managed to find two girls toddler capris in each of my daughters' sizes for $1.24 which I was pretty happy with. I hid some things that I thought would be gone on prior to 90% and thank goodness noone found my stash. here's what I got:

6 dish scrubbers - .09 each

4 girls shirts - .40 each

1 toddler shirt - .39 each

Princess easter grass (6) .19 each

Disney dress up baskets (2)- $1.49 each

Egg coloring kits (2) - .09 each

Coloring books (2) - .09 each

Sprinkles (2) - $.29

Princess treat boxes (6) - .29 each (I think)

Various egg candies - .09 each

I did really well with my purchases. I may go back at lunch today just to see what is left. :) Oh and my BEST find - 4 MM!!!! My first ever find and I had my husband with me and wanted to know how I knew to even look.....gotta love the gotta deal ladies!!! :)

I stash stuff in different spots depending on the store. I actually outsmart myself sometimes. Today I went in to stash 3 of the Spongebob Fusions, and found some embellishment jars (scrapbook stuff) I forgot I had stashed there a few weeks ago when they were still 50%.:eek: So I went ahead and bought the jars (now scanning 75% off) to make room for my new stash.

Having had that happen, I try to remember to make a note in a notebook when I go to the car so I don't forget. I found a Disney Mix Max at the end of last summer that I had stashed at one store in the Spring! I didn't get back to that store as I had thought I would, and forgot about it. It sat there for nearly 6 months!!!!

I've never stashed... Hmmm wonder why? lol

I do find peoples stashes all the time. Usually in the toy bins (the smaller stuff). I found all my Easter 90% toys in the toy section behind board games. I was just looking at another one and in the corner of eye I saw different colors of stuff. I moved the boxes and there was my motherload. LOL

I've never stashed... Hmmm wonder why? lol

I do find peoples stashes all the time. Usually in the toy bins (the smaller stuff). I found all my Easter 90% toys in the toy section behind board games. I was just looking at another one and in the corner of eye I saw different colors of stuff. I moved the boxes and there was my motherload. LOL

I found several of the small Lego sets that were from Easter in the regular Lego & Playmobil section. I probably should have mentioned it sooner. But if you look in the small Playmobil sets you might find a few. They don't usually sell the Legos in that size, so some of the stockers are putting them with the Playmobil stuff because they look like they belong there. But there are also customers who are trying to hide them in plain sight by mixing them in with the regular lego sets. Also, check behind the plexiglass displays. Found lots of stuff there!

I noticed tons of dog stuff on clearance yesterday too. First markdown so hopefully it will go further down before everything is gone (tons of treats besides the toys and dishes). Also on an endcap there was roughly 40+ cans of Mighty Dog for .52 down from .62. Beef dinner and pork dinner.

Here I was thinking that the board game area would be a good stashing spot....scratch that idea!! :cool:

I do not stash, but I have found others stashes. A few weeks ago by accident I found a stash of Christmas items. :cheesy: Someone must have forgotten about them! I just left them there, but I thought it was funny.

Today, I found a Princess puzzle. I got to name my price and got it for a $1! I also got a Dora easter book for .40.

If anyone sees the disney mix max clips (the ones that hold movies) marked down please pm me. I am hoping to get them for $10 or around that price. If anyone finds them around that price please pick it up for me and I will pay you plus extra. My store sold out of theirs and now of course I need them. I know they had Princess Diaries, Freaky Friday, High School Musical and Pirates of the Carribean, also maybe some other ones depending on store. I am guessing they will be marked down more this week possibly.

Thanks in advance. :gdthankyou:

If anyone sees the disney mix max clips (the ones that hold movies) marked down please pm me. I am hoping to get them for $10 or around that price. If anyone finds them around that price please pick it up for me and I will pay you plus extra. My store sold out of theirs and now of course I need them. I know they had Princess Diaries, Freaky Friday, High School Musical and Pirates of the Carribean, also maybe some other ones depending on store. I am guessing they will be marked down more this week possibly.

Just got back from Target and I checked the disney mix max and they are still $49.99 (reg 99.99) Last year I watched them hoping to get them for 75% 24.99 but they salvaged them at 50% off because they send them back to the manufacturers (I dont know if its just my store or policy) or at least thats what the asst manager told me when I ask him. The sponge bob ones were 50% off and the disney music clips were 50% off too.(7.xx and 10.xx) I ask a mark down clerk if they were going down further today and she said that she had checked them already and they were the same. That not much electronics were discounted further today.

I did find the pokemon battle Dome 75% off. It was $12.29 reg $49.99. They had tons of toys marked 30%-50% also. I bet they go down further this week. Pepsi is on sale $2.75 a 12 pack and there is a 1.00 off 2 packs on the target website. I handed 2 to the clerk and she took off a dollar from each 12 pack. I didnt realize it was 1.00 off 2 12 packs until I looked at it when I was printing off more. Really good deal!!

Edited by niccci

My store had some last week, I think they were around $12. I'm going in a little bit, will check again and find out specifics for you :yup:

ok, spent about 1 1/2 hours of quality time at Target this morning...went hoping electronics went down again...but like someone else said above, not too much marked down today there. As i was walking by an aisle i heard an associate say to another "she's here again" :tongue1: maybe i do spend too much time there...but shouldnt Target be encouraging that?!?!

The Shutterfly was still 30%...and LOTS of it there...more in the aisle as well as the endcap...8.5 x11 photobooks, 8x8 photobooks, storybook, mug, keychain...i think that was it. Please let me know if any of you see it drop to 50%!!! TIA

I found a few more Easter things including a carebear! I was so happy about that find, also the big cookie making thingy (i've always wanted to SUCCESSFULLY make a giant cookie!), some other little odds and ends.

Then I got all involved in the free $5 giftcard w/stuff...took me FOREVER to figure it out correctly (and at least 2 associates gave me misinformation)...but in the end I got 2 packages of Always pads (2 for $13), 1 24 pack of toilet paper ($7), 3 things of pantene shampoo ($3 each)....I had coupons for .20 off the pads, $2 off the pantene...so in the end I got 2 $5 giftcards and paid $26.80 (so only $16.80 if you take off the giftcards)..not too shabby!

My store only had the Freaky Friday marked down and it was $14. They have about 6 of them, so if you want one, let me know. All of the others that you mentioned were still regular price.

Are the Mix Max's themselves marked down more than 50% anywhere? I would LOVE to get oen for DD for her birthday in 2 weeks, but would rather pay 75% for it. I stashed one, but this is my first time stashing so I'm not sure whether it will still be there or not...

Is anyone else watching the kids character towels?? My store had them 30% any idea when they will be getting discounted again? My little guy has outgrown all his baby towels so I thought these would be fun for him.

Also I have been watching the Barbie sets in the toy clearance. If anyone sees them drop to 75% could you tell me? Thanks!

Is anyone else watching the kids character towels?? My store had them 30% any idea when they will be getting discounted again? My little guy has outgrown all his baby towels so I thought these would be fun for him.

Also I have been watching the Barbie sets in the toy clearance. If anyone sees them drop to 75% could you tell me? Thanks!

The hooded towels are $7.48 at my store...is that the 30% off price? They have a ton of Spiderman and Hello Kitty but no Princess ones. :(

I was watching the towels and found them at 50% at one store (eastern PA) over the weekend. They were $5.xx. A few other stores still have them at 30% near me.

went to the new Target that opened about a month ago...not much Easter left (eggs, grass, baskets, dye kits), but they did have a good bit of $1 spot @ 75%. The Story Reader 3 pk that has Little Mermaid, Snow White, Beauty & Beast was 50% making it $9.98. Also had the Thomas & Friends sticker book with over 700 stickers for 50% ($5.84). And I can't forget, I found 4 Fruit Punch MM and when I was looking for a buggy to put it in, I found one (and no one around it) that had 7 Easter plates in it for $0.19 each! The Nascar toys for DH were marked 50% too.