Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2008

Gator Pam

I sent my mom to Target since she was going to be taking my uncle to a doctor's appointment and this is what she picked up.

Thomas Pull Back Engine (2... one with eggs and one with a bunny) $2.50 each

Mr. Potato Head.... $2.49

We were on the hunt for the PlayDoh Spring Basket orginally $14.99... has anyone found any of these on clearance? We also were looking for the large Potato Head basket but didn't find one of those either.

My mom said the same thing about the candy. That there was none really left to be had. Oh well. I am starting my diet today anyway.. LOL ;)

One of the Targets I went to had a lot of candy left, but the other didn't have that much at all. I ended up with:

9 boxes chocolate covered marshmallow bunnies $1.18

2 Potato heads (blue & pink) $2.49

9 boxes of brownie mix .64

4 Dove Eggs $1.49

Potato Head Basket $7.49

2pk Kitchen Towels $1.49

6 boxes Little Debbie Cakes .55

3 jelly beans .99

Pasadena Lake Ave store went straight to 75% off on all Easter stuff!!! Like other stores, they are having to do it manually, but it is going fast!!!

Got tons but going back as they were still bringing out more. Got to go early w/o kids, but had to get back so DH could go to work. I've got one on spring break from preschool and the other we kept home because he was sick yesterday but seems fine today.

Pasadena Lake Ave store went straight to 75% off on all Easter stuff!!! Like other stores, they are having to do it manually, but it is going fast!!!

Got tons but going back as they were still bringing out more. Got to go early w/o kids, but had to get back so DH could go to work. I've got one on spring break from preschool and the other we kept home because he was sick yesterday but seems fine today.

wish mine went to 75% off today! I would have bought and bought! I may go back tonight as I printed out some more coupons from other sites. still wondering where ALL the bagged candy is??

We were on the hunt for the PlayDoh Spring Basket orginally $14.99... has anyone found any of these on clearance? We also were looking for the large Potato Head basket but didn't find one of those either.

I had this in my buggy and then put it back when my DS (age 1) kept throwing it out of the cart...I keep wishing I had kept it though... My Target had like 10 of the Potato Head baskets left too...

I had a pretty good run this morning...

12 Disney Princess and FairiesColor Wonders - $2.50 each

12 Assorted Legos - $2.00 each

3 Lip Smackers - $2.50 each

(those are all going in favor bags for my kids birthday parties that are coming up in the next two months)

I also got 24 gift bags for .24 each to be the favor bags.

Later in the week (when they're marked down more) I'll go back to grab some of the easter shirts and scooters that truly don't look like easter ones. I'm impressed at how versatile they are...usually they aren't!!!

wish mine went to 75% off today! I would have bought and bought! I may go back tonight as I printed out some more coupons from other sites. still wondering where ALL the bagged candy is??

I'm still in shock. They recently changed managers over the seasonal department, and it is a guy I know a bit. He said he decided it on his own so he could clear the department faster. I am going back in a few minutes with kids in tow to see what else I can get. He said they had several more baskets to bring out.

FYI for those with card collecting boys. There are Easter packs of both Pokemon & Yu Gi Oh cards with easter eggs on them that are in the sale. GREAT deal! I promised my boys they could buy some since they have to go with me. :yup:

I got a bag of Coconut Marshmallows for $.68. There was a ton of candy still left over but I figured that even at 50%, it's too much seeing as how I still have plenty of V-day candy left. There were no signs up and everything was scanning at full price so alot of people were passing everything by.

The Target I went to this morning wasn't ringing up 50% off either, so the cashier had to do it manually. I felt bad for all the cashiers;why wouldn't it already be updated in the system already especially since it was advertised in the Sunday ad?

Picked up for 50% off:

-Several baksets

-Silicone muffin pan

-Silicone spatulas

-Cars and Polly Poket puzzles in an egg

-Cars and Princess foil kites

-Girls t-shirts

-Various Dollar section items (Velvet coloring kits, Cars wallet, mini-umbrella, socks)

Hopefully at 75%, they'll still have egg coloring kits, easter decor, and plastic baskets (which will make a great goody basket).

You're so lucky! You don't have to wait until Thursay and you got to do a bulk of your shopping kid-free, good for you!

My store today had nice ceramic pots that came with seeds or bulbs - I think they were the Smith & Hawkins - there were ones for growing herbs, a strawberry one, different lilies, one for a salad mix.... they have been 50% for quite a while now. Which day on the mark down schedule would they fall under?? I'm not sure which dept. that would be exactly...

I'm not on the hunt for candy (the Easter Bunny brought WAY too much!), but more of the toys, etc. that I can stash until next year. I can't wait to go shopping at lunch. Edited by afrey66
Corrected errors

Ditto here in Opelika. All Easter having to be rung up manually. I also got 3 Easter DVD's at 50%. Some LPS and hot wheels cars. I also got two cute pajama sets for 7.00.Don't forget about those scooters that are just spring colors. 1/2 off.Yeah! I will go back Thursday to see what else is left.

I got all excited reading about the carpet tiles being 75% (since I've been looking at them for over a month now) and just ran to my Target here in Jersey City to find that they are still only 50%. All of the Easter items are marked 50% off though. It's strange that not all stores are consistent in their pricing.

I didn't make it out to my Target until about 11:30, threw some Easter stuff in my cart, scanned it and it came up full price. While I was still standing there I started scanning some new stuff and all of a sudden it changed to 50% off. So I think they finally changed over to the right price at about noon Eastern time at my store. I did have 4 Max and Ruby Easter DVDs and the nice cashier wanted to give them to me for 50% off even though they weren't ringing up that way and everything else finally was, but a manager came by and said "no." Boys were quite disappointed but I'm guessing they were mostly the same episodes we DVR anyway. I did get about 6 Easter Enchanted nursery dolls and Kelly dolls - some were ones I left in the toy dept and others were scattered. I didn't want to wait longer since they had hardly any toys left. Also got a non-Easter Barbie vanity play set 50% off and an Easter Spring Disney Princess set for 50%. TOTALLY forgot my $5 coupon AGAIN!!! arghh! My store had SO much Easter candy left I'm sure it will still be there at 90%!! (but we don't need any!)

If you need any party favors, the Shrek six-piece figure sets are now 75% off, down to $1.25. My kids love those figures!

Also, got a few Easter things from the dollar spot that were not marked at all, but rang up 50% off. Oddly, the St. Pattys' Day dollar spot stuff still rang up full price!

Fort Wayne, Indiana store is doing 50% off Easter. Picked up a few big plastic eggs and Easter stampers.

My lucky deal of the day was finding a Creative Labs Zen Stone mp3 player in the cosmetic clearance. It rang up for half price, so I figure it'll make a good gift for one of the young nephews in my family!

Easter things not scanning 50% at the 1st store I went to but the cashier marked everything for me. I went to another after noon and it was so it must be fixed now.

My daughter is having a Miss Spider's Tea Party Birthday so I got...

9 Bug Vacums to use as Party Favors for the boys 4.99 instead of 9.99

20 Easter hats and 20 pairs of gloves for $20 instead of $40

2 Mr. Potato Heads for my kids 2.50 instead of 5.00, Max and Ruby Easter and Dora Easter for $5 instead of $10 and an Easter skirt and tshirt for 5.00 total

I also got to use the $5 off $25 for toys. It was a great day at Target!!

I unfortunately did not find a Photokinz at my Target today...:( So if anyone would be willing to look for a MONKEY for me or has a MONKEY that they would be able to part with, I would be willing to pay for it plus shipping. Please PM me regarding this. Thanks a Million!! You guys are wonderful!!

Not sure what part of small town Iowa you are in.. however.. the Target store in Ames (as of Saturday) had two cows, one penguin, one dog, and one frog. 7.49/ea

50% off on Easter in Wisconsin, a lot of people looking for Littlest pet shop, not a bunch of candy. lots and lots of baskets. I did go down the toy aisles and found a retro rocket racer riding toy for $10. 75% off. A lot of toys are being marked down already, might have to keep an eye on it.

Was this the Radio Flyer Retro Rocket???????????????????/

I bought 5 DVDS - Eloise, Elmo, 2 Springtime Friends, and something else? for $5.00 each.

6 Mini Bubble holders

Little Tikes diecast cars

Bob Builder diecast set

Littlest pet shop tube

Easter plates and napkins (the springtime flower ones)

2 Tier dessert set

Where are the scooters?

You're so lucky! You don't have to wait until Thursay and you got to do a bulk of your shopping kid-free, good for you!

Well gang, it was funny. I hauled the kids over there a little later, as I said I was going to. There was a manager changing the signs back to 50%!!!! Someone messed up. But I already had another cartload, and they gave it all to me at the 75% off price. I was SOoooo lucky! I stopped by a couple of other stores looking for something, and no one else had the same mistake. There wasn't a ton left at any store, but I imagine there'll be more bringing stuff out of the back. They were doing it at the Lake store, and they always seem to find odds and ends over the following few days.

I was just so pleased to get the things I most wanted up front.

I also got some bags of the mini Oreos & Teddy Grahams for $.89 each after the Easter discount and the coupon. Thanks for those who mentioned the coupon! I printed extras and gave a couple to someone who was buying for her neighbor. Great for kids lunches!

Oh, I forgot to mention that of the 3 stores I visited today, only one had the Fusion Video MP3 players 75% off. Picked up a couple for my friend to take to friends in Europe. She asked me to keep my eyes out for them months ago, and they finally went down. But the other stores were still only 50%. So, if you were looking, you might want to check.

Also noticed that one store had marked the POTC Mixstick 30% off, but Tinkerbell was still sitting at 50%.

I went this morning to ours and I guess they were having the same problem with the prices and having to do them manually. Well I went to check out and I only picked up a few things ( I was trying to be good). The stuff rang up half price but the lady gave me half off of that. I wasn't sure why but I didn't question it. Now I see that they were having to do manually and she must not have known they started ringing up half off. Anyways, I got my stuff 75% off. Like I said it was only a few things but I was excited!

Got a few things at our target. but I was so mad there were no candy that had the fun sized packaged candies. All that was basically left were m&m's and dove chocolates. I was really hoping to find some bags that had the fuz sized packaged candy in them. Oh well. I wanted them for dd's bday party thank you treat bags. Kids spent money on more easter junk that they got from gma and gpa...more stuffed animals. Grrrr..LOL when they tire of them..I can't GIVE stuffed animals away at the yard sale. Kids did manage to get some LPS, bob the builder set from easter, hot wheels 5 car set from easter, and I managed to get two scrapbook albums for 3.xx, some more laminating sheet packs for .98 each, more poly envelopes for 1.54.

We were 50% today...

I ended up with 2 Easter tee's that had flowers on them, 1 Capri, and 2 short/dress things. They'll be great fro summer, not Easter looking at all. 2.50 each

Jellybeans for .99

The Oreo's for .89

They still had a pretty good selection of candy, but not a lot of Chocolate, more fruity stuff. Lots of Hershey kisses tho.

Oh, and Dollar Spot had some fun dinosaurs that my DD loved. Some make sound, good sized. Good idea if you were planning a dino party.