Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2008

Gator Pam

Just got back from Target and got myself an TruTech Under the Counter LCD TV/Dvd for 169.98 it was only 15% off but I had been wanting one (since Black Friday I have been looking) and this was the only one left so I got it. Plus it was the cheapest Kithen TV they had before mark down, and the only one that mounts under the counter to save me space. So good deal for me.

Just got back from a two hour stroll through my local Target. My DS fell asleep in his stroller so I was able to go down every isle!

I picked up some more Elmo party stuff 75% off. Got some poly shipping envelopes at 75% off. Got some socks 50% off. I also checked out the Easter stuff and there were tons of people there and it was going fast.

I returned the Photokinz because I could not get it to work on my computer. There were none left so if someone around here was looking for one, it was a tiger.

Lots of paper plates and napkins on clearance. Lots of toys clearanced.

No MM Juice at all. Not even the 15 packs!

:D I found 2 packs of MM fruit punch today. I haven't seen any here in months. I also checked on everything I saw posted here. :DI found 1 of the girl's Magna bikes for $14.xx. I started to look and scan all of the hotwheels bikes I saw. None of them were the ones on clearance. Then as I was walking away to checkout I saw one on the bottom of an end cap. They will make nice christmas or B-day gifts for someone. I was surprised no one saw those red stickers all over the girl's bike. It is nice and fancy. Thanks OP of this find:yup:

Finally!!! After a week of seclusion and deprivation we left the house and ventured out to Target!!! Picked up 3 of the Pooh carpet squares for $22.xx each, but i think i may return them...it's for my laundry room and Pooh just doesnt seem appropriate. Also picked up 3 of the leapster games, had only brought 2 of my coupons :gdno: so I still got a pretty decent deal (used the $5 coupon as well), but that lost $4 really bugged me (how long is this b2g1 deal good for?). We also picked up sunglasses for $2.50 and some pencils for .74 and some princess invitations for .94 (will return one pack earlier purchased). The cashier forgot to ring up the pencils and sunglasses, so i went to customer service to pay for them and she looked at me like I had lost my mind...lol.

Finally!!! After a week of seclusion and deprivation we left the house and ventured out to Target!!! Picked up 3 of the Pooh carpet squares for $22.xx each, but i think i may return them...it's for my laundry room and Pooh just doesnt seem appropriate. Also picked up 3 of the leapster games, had only brought 2 of my coupons :gdno: so I still got a pretty decent deal (used the $5 coupon as well), but that lost $4 really bugged me (how long is this b2g1 deal good for?). We also picked up sunglasses for $2.50 and some pencils for .74 and some princess invitations for .94 (will return one pack earlier purchased). The cashier forgot to ring up the pencils and sunglasses, so i went to customer service to pay for them and she looked at me like I had lost my mind...lol.

I'm glad to hear things are getting back to normal! Hopefullyyour DD is doing well! :)

I had to run an errand in Casa Grande (about 1-1.5 hours north of Tucson) last night so of course I had to stop at Target.

They had an entire endcap of Squawkers. I used the $5 off coupons and got them for $20.00 (bought 2).

I also found 4 MM Punch juices. I am stocked up for quite awhile but these will come in handy for my daughter's birthday party in June.

I bought a couple of rolls of 'boy' wrapping paper in anticipation of parties to come. I found some cute rose floating candles for my nephew's wedding as well as a box to make favors. (I got it all for 75% off.)

I did find a Kurv that had been on clearance and was tucked behind the currently featured ones. It rang up INF. I took it to the CS desk. They looked it up and gave it to me for $12.48. :) I now have that and a DD Broom Vac stashed for part of my nephews wedding gift. These don't seem like very fun wedding gifts but I know they will never buy anything lke that for themselves. I'll be adding some more 'fun' wedding gifts so maybe they'll be OK with that.

That was about it. It was definitely worth stopping. :yup:

What was the color of the Kurv and do you have a numbere for it? I would appreciate it.

Duraflame logs were 50% off. They had a red sticker on them for 8.48 (orig 16.99), other than that did not see anything new in clearance.

All the party and gift wrapping stuff is gone from my target. I needed one badly and found a ok-ok one that was .99 after 75% off. Did not want to pay $4 for the regular ones so picked it up.

I was in today and saw a bunch of toys on clearance (only 30%). There were play doh sets 9.98, moon sand adventure island 14.98, barbie stylin heads 9.98, bratzs dolls, hannah montana stage 24.98, shrek toys, matchbox case, imaginex dragons, gosh there was so much more I can't remember. I was surprised to see so many toys.

I am so ready for the Easter clearance! I want some cheap chocolate!!! :P

Traditional Holiday clearance schedule:

50% off day after holiday for three days

75% off fourth day after holiday for three days

90% off seventh day after holiday for 1-2 days.

Other than Chr-stmas this is the schedule used for holiday clearance, including Valentine's Day, Easter, Summerville, and Halloween, for at least the last two years

Best luck today everyone. When I went to the Target here (on FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!), all the Easter had been condensed to 1 aisle in the front of the store in the dollar section. There was no candy to be had. Don't know what happened but I was very disappointed not to get my Caramello Bar Bunnies. :no:

Maybe next year?

Nicole

I'm waiting for the Easter clearance too, I need to get new baskets for next year. Does anyone know/remember if there were Easter print napkins/paper products that would be part of the clearance on Monday? I bought a lot of Halloween print Kleenex and Bounty napkins after Halloween, and am almost out. It saved me alot of money because we got through a lot of napkins and Kleenex with two little kids in the house!

I went yesterday and most of the Dollar Spot was empty. I couldn't walk through the Easter section, too many people and employees. A lot of our clearance was on endcaps in paper products including stationary, some purses, etc. I got 2 folders in pink and white with the opposite color skulls for $.24 each. Other than that did not find anything else of value.

I'm waiting for the Easter clearance too, I need to get new baskets for next year. Does anyone know/remember if there were Easter print napkins/paper products that would be part of the clearance on Monday? I bought a lot of Halloween print Kleenex and Bounty napkins after Halloween, and am almost out. It saved me alot of money because we got through a lot of napkins and Kleenex with two little kids in the house!

They don't have them. At least they don't have them here. They only have the ones in small packs of like 20. They do go clearance, but they aren't great for everyday use IMHO.

However, they DO have Scott brand and some Mardi Gras ones on clearance. Only 30% off, but better than nothing. I picked up a couple of packs yesterday.

They don't have them. At least they don't have them here. They only have the ones in small packs of like 20. They do go clearance, but they aren't great for everyday use IMHO.

However, they DO have Scott brand and some Mardi Gras ones on clearance. Only 30% off, but better than nothing. I picked up a couple of packs yesterday.

I bought a few of the Scotts 400 count napkins for $1.90. We have so many barbeques in the summer that I figured I'd better get them now. Only 5 or 6 packs were left.

It's probably too far for you, but Bainbridge had the leaf pattern 75% this am. I bought the matching tool set for a friend. I'm not sure if is what you wanted it's a 3 sided screen. What is a grate?

thanks so much-found them at the Niles Target ( you are correct- it was the 3 sided screen (aka grate)...but I found a cotemporary style that was less than the leaf pattern. thanks again-

Thanks, I hadn't seen them here either so they must not make them. But I'll keep my eye out for the Scott and Mardi Gras ones tomorrow.

Easter things were 50% off in my store but there was almost no candy left. They had some decorations, clothes and toys. The bags of candy were all gone, and the things left were still quite pricey, even at 50% off.

The system didn't recognize the clearance price so the cashier had to override each item.

Nothing ringing up 50% off in Easter this morning... Cashiers had to manually enter it. So it made the lines long...

I had the $1 off 2 Nabisco crackers/cookies coupon and bought the entire endcap of the huge bags of individually wrapped oreo cookies and teddy grahams. They were $2 but with easter she discounted them to $1. Then w/ the coupon, I got the big bags for .50 each! Lady was mad I bought all of them. Thankfully I had printed out 20 of those coupons. Im going to give some to my sister for her 3 kids and keep the rest for my kids for lunches.

Got 3 of the girls easter shirts... $2.50 each after discount. Most of them really can be worn anytime. No easter pics on them OR sayings. Cute rhinestone t-shirts.

Im going to go back thursday when they should be 75% off. No candy really left! Not sure where it all went! I was in line (yes a line) at the target doors by 8am. We all raced back to the section and candy was GONE! Only about 10 bags of dove chocolate eggs, butterfinger eggs, and about 8 bags of M&Ms. Not sure where it all went. I was in there Saturday before Easter and it was stocked. Makes you wonder.

50% off on Easter in Wisconsin, a lot of people looking for Littlest pet shop, not a bunch of candy. lots and lots of baskets. I did go down the toy aisles and found a retro rocket racer riding toy for $10. 75% off. A lot of toys are being marked down already, might have to keep an eye on it.

I was able to take advantage (a little) of the Easter stuff not ringing up 50%. They usually don't discount the Easter dvds, they ship them away but I did get to buy 2 for 50%. They had a bunch with the easter toys and the sign that said 50% was in front of it. Some candy but not tons. On Thursday (75% off, right?), I'm going to the Target that opened earlier this month to see what they have left. I'm hoping that not too many people shop there yet.

What I picked up today:

5-pack Hot wheels $2.49

4-pack Thomas the Train $7.49

Care Bear in chicken rain coast $2.49

Matchbox 5 pack car/van/bus (dora, diego, backyardigans, blues clues) $3.82

mr potatohead basket pack with lots inside (mini-heads & parts) $7.49

Cupcake sprinkles (big round containers) $2.49

AND I remembered to use my $5 off toys coupon!!!