Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2008

Gator Pam

It is interesting because at my T, the cashiers are not permitted to make any decision on price-they call the manager. When I find items "price not found" the managers are never willing to give the 75% off or give prices like many of you get. Going to our customer service is the same-they call the manager..so all decisions come from managers that I really don't know the policies.

Most stores have the policy (and it is the general company policy) to allow cashiers to make the call if it looks like it is $25 or less in value. Sounds like your store is a stickler for some reason. You might want to try complaining to their customer service through the website about how ridiculous it is that it takes so long because the cashiers have to do this. And isn't there a faster/better way to handle these situations? It might get someone higher up to push the manager to loosen up. Just a thought...

Here is my great find tonight...I'm thinking babyshower gift

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/4107C5C0CRL._SS260_.jpg

Fisher price space saver high chair

Reg price $49.99

paid $6.24

Not for me but I was still excited!!:)

omg! Congrats!! I would really LOVE to find this for us!! I am so tired of our old bulky highchair taking up so much room! I am betting this was a rare find though since the ones at ours never did go on clearance back during the baby sale... Anyoen else still finding these on clearance?

It is interesting because at my T, the cashiers are not permitted to make any decision on price-they call the manager. When I find items "price not found" the managers are never willing to give the 75% off or give prices like many of you get. Going to our customer service is the same-they call the manager..so all decisions come from managers that I really don't know the policies.

Stores around here do exactly the same thing. :(

Has anyone tried the "$5 off $25 toys" coupon on the colorwoder, party supplies, or photokins?

Yes, though I had at least one small toy in the mix. It doesn't seem to differentiate. I have also had a few dollar spot items added in to bring up the total to $25 and had it work. I just hope people don't start abusing it so that it stops working.

sounds like they maybe violating store policy or not doing their job. Its not up to them to decide if it goes to 75%, its their management (or corporate?) that make that decision. I think if they have a problem with it, they need to find another job. I personally would of written a brief note to the manager of the store about what you heard, its interesting that they sound like they are not doing their job of marking down, instead taking the items off the floor. Do you find things marked 75% off at your store?

You should call and make a complaint....tell the management that those two employees are going to scare customers away with their poor attitude!

Here is my great find tonight...I'm thinking babyshower gift

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/4107C5C0CRL._SS260_.jpg

Fisher price space saver high chair

Reg price $49.99

paid $6.24

Not for me but I was still excited!!:)

Omg awesome awesome deal!! I've been waiting for it to go down in price!!! What store did you find it at?

I was able to visit a Target last night that I normally don't frequent. I was hoping to find more of the kiddo arts and crafts items or the Color Wonders items. No luck. :no: However, we visited the toy section and I found 2 of the Disney sphere puzzles. :yup:

Of course, they came up INF. I decided to just go through the regular line and see what the cashier did. (I did tell him they were INF.) He puts on his light and the CS person comes over and takes me to the CS counter to look them up. They can not find them in their system at all! I mentioned that other people I know have paid $3.48 for them. He gave them to me for that price and then asked if there were anymore. I said no but had heard that another Target in Tucson had a couple of them the other day. I felt kind of bad that I took the two but I have been looking for 2 this entire time (one for us and one to keep as a gift for my Goddaughter). If there had been more, I would've given them up so he could've had one.

At any rate, I was excited that I found them. :) I also found a Disney Princess Yahtzee game for my daughter. It was only 30% off (came out to be $6.98) but couldn't recall seeing them anywhere on clearance and hadn't seen them mentioned on here. I decided to take it as I have been trying to build up our collection of games. (Thank you, Amazon and Target 75% off clearance :)) I know we will have fun playing it.

Does anyone know if they do anything special for a new store? We have a new SuperTarget opening tomorrow and was wondering if it's worth going to check out? I did receive a $5 off 25 purchase in the mail but was wondering if they did giveaways or anything like that.

:)

Does anyone know if they do anything special for a new store? We have a new SuperTarget opening tomorrow and was wondering if it's worth going to check out? I did receive a $5 off 25 purchase in the mail but was wondering if they did giveaways or anything like that.

:)

Our "new Super Target" opened about 18 months ago. I went to the opening and there were lots of smiles, welcoming and free samples of Archer Farm items (Target exclusive) but I didnt see any "freebies". It took forever to start seeing markdowns also.

I've seen this before but didn't care as it was a very young looking girl about 9 months pregnant and was scanning a lot of different baby items then putting a few things in her cart. She seen me look at her and hid the gun and just acted like a regular shopper

She might have been a regular customer. When I signed up for the baby registry they gave me one of those guns, and I had to go to the baby section with it and scan in what I wanted on my registry. Same thing when I registered for my housewarming. They give you the gun to add items in the store to your list, or you can go online and add stuff.

Has anyone tried the "$5 off $25 toys" coupon on the colorwoder, party supplies, or photokins?

No, but there's a $3 off Partyware purchase of $15 (Exp 09) at 'A Full Cup' (Sorry, haven't been here long enough to put the link in my post).

Saderchick

I was able to visit a Target last night that I normally don't frequent. I was hoping to find more of the kiddo arts and crafts items or the Color Wonders items. No luck. :no: However, we visited the toy section and I found 2 of the Disney sphere puzzles. :yup:

Of course, they came up INF. I decided to just go through the regular line and see what the cashier did. (I did tell him they were INF.) He puts on his light and the CS person comes over and takes me to the CS counter to look them up. They can not find them in their system at all! I mentioned that other people I know have paid $3.48 for them. He gave them to me for that price and then asked if there were anymore. I said no but had heard that another Target in Tucson had a couple of them the other day. I felt kind of bad that I took the two but I have been looking for 2 this entire time (one for us and one to keep as a gift for my Goddaughter). If there had been more, I would've given them up so he could've had one.

At any rate, I was excited that I found them. :) I also found a Disney Princess Yahtzee game for my daughter. It was only 30% off (came out to be $6.98) but couldn't recall seeing them anywhere on clearance and hadn't seen them mentioned on here. I decided to take it as I have been trying to build up our collection of games. (Thank you, Amazon and Target 75% off clearance :)) I know we will have fun playing it.

I found one of the SAME princess Yahtzee games too!!! :yup: It was also only 30% off (bringing to to $4.98...wonder why mine was lower...)...but like you i just couldnt risk waiting (it was the ONLY one!!!)...:fluffy:

Found the last of the photokinz (the puppy) :). I bought it to give to dsd10 for her birthday. I was thinking I would give her that and a digital camera, but dh said that she already has a camera cell phone so that would be a waste of money. What do you guys think? If we don't do the camera thing what would be a good gift to accompany the photokinz?

The photo quality of pics from a camera cellphone are terrible. And it can add up to get the pics off of it. I think the digital camera would be a great gift to go along with the puppy. There are so many digital cameras out there that are very reasonable, I think that's the way to go.

I got this today for 20.00 it was 80.00 needed it having a new grandbaby coming wish I could find lots more things Simplicity-Aspen-Changing-Table-Honey. i did see hot wheels 12"bike for 34.00 flashlights for .74 got 2 of them. not much more here in Burlington,NC

Found the last of the photokinz (the puppy) :). I bought it to give to dsd10 for her birthday. I was thinking I would give her that and a digital camera, but dh said that she already has a camera cell phone so that would be a waste of money. What do you guys think? If we don't do the camera thing what would be a good gift to accompany the photokinz?

the pics from my cell phone (and i have an actual digital camera built in, not just the normal cam) are not nearly as good as the ones from my digital camera...you can find so many really nice digital cams for not so much $$$...i would def get one to go with the photokinz!!!:yup:

Did a mini tour de Target. First Target, nothing at all to write home about!

Second Target rocked. I got 7 finding Nemo colorwonders!!!! Going to use them as party favors!

Now, if I could only find more refills for the sprayer. If anyone sees them, I'm willing to pay! PLEASE!?!

what are these Nemo color wonders? I saw some big Nemo color wonder sheets at my store and they were 9.99

I think it depends on how good the camera on her phone is. In general, they aren't very good. Mine has a 2MP camera, and I think that's about as good as it gets on a cell phone. There are digicams with much better resolution and better features (my cell phone cam does zoom but the flash is ridiculously weak) for relatively little money these days.

what are these Nemo color wonders? I saw some big Nemo color wonder sheets at my store and they were 9.99

They were the Color Wonders packs that are the book and the markers. I found some in the Target close to me and they came up INF. I was able to play 'Name My Price' and got 10 of them for $1.00 each.

I found one of the SAME princess Yahtzee games too!!! :yup: It was also only 30% off (bringing to to $4.98...wonder why mine was lower...)...but like you i just couldnt risk waiting (it was the ONLY one!!!)...:fluffy:

I double checked my price and I did get them for $4.88. The $6.99 price was the regular price.

They were the Color Wonders packs that are the book and the markers. I found some in the Target close to me and they came up INF. I was able to play 'Name My Price' and got 10 of them for $1.00 each.

Great find! My son has recently started a Nemo obsession and begs for those Nemo CW packs EVERY time we are in Target. But they are always full price! :(