Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2008

Gator Pam

For my fellow NJ shoppers - I found the Photokinz at the Watchung Target today for 7.48 (75% off) I bought the frog, monkey, puppy and penguin. There will still quite a few left, at least 8 or 10 this afternoon. They were in a weird place since I have seen them before near the electronics or crafts. These were in the back, past the toy aisle, almost near the sporting goods. Happy shopping.:yup:

(And to think I just went there to get a pair of jazz pants for my daughter!!)

Are they any good?

I don't think those carts are employee things...at my Target they are usually filled to the brim. They don't pay the employees enough to purchase all that stuff. I don't mind that the employees take the stuff for themselves. It's the nature of the game. They are paying for the merchandise just like you and I would and for the work they do and the pay they receive, it's one of the few perks you get! I've worked in retail and it's not an easy job and it doesn't pay the big bucks. The employees are people like the rest of us, with families who need things too!

For me, I don't have a problem with employees getting clearance items. But what I DO have a problem with is shopping while they are supposed to be working and also lying to a customer (as in my case yesterday).

Additionally, they should have to wait until the item is marked down and they are off the clock before they are allowed to put it in a cart, purchase it, etc. Afterall, Target WILL NOT hold a clearance item for a customer, it should be the same for an employee.

Edited by afrey66

It has to be at least 2-3 months since I have gotten any good deals

Well that just stinks. Maybe you can get something from the Easter clearance. The best deals are always that period right after Christmas. This Spring stretch is always a bit light on deals. Then they start resetting for Summer and before you know it Fall and the deals pick up substantially.

Today I found the Photokinz from $29.99 to $7.48. They are smalll stuffed animals with a digital picture frame in there tummies. I thought the cow was pretty cute, but didn't get any. Also found the Rescue Pets that whimper (very annoying) from $14.99 down to $3.74. I got a big pack of Lever Energy soap down to $2.81. I think it might have had 12 bars, but not sure.

That's about it. I am waiting for those small audio rockers to go down to 75% off. They have been 50% forever.

I saw the Photokinz too - I was tempted and passed - of course, now I am thinking I should go back and get them if there still there and put away for my kids christmas presents (scary, I am thinking of christmas already :eyepoppin).

Oh, the small audio rockers finally got marked down about a week ago to $9.98. I bought two pink for my girls, one black for my son. So, hopefully your store will be marking them down soon.

I did find a bunch of the art/craft stuff still marked 30% scanned 75%.

Transformers Tattoo Maker $1.98

POC Art $3.74

Charm Kit $2.48

I bought a bunch for upcoming birthdays/easter baskets.

Are they any good?

I don't know yet if the Photokinz are any good - they are still in my car being hidden from the children. I think they're a cute gift for the tween/teen age. My daughter just got a digital camera and yet still loves stuffed animals so a cute gift for her. I plan on trying out at least one of them to see how well they work so I'll let you know when I get around to it! Looks like the same idea as those digital photo keychains.

Does anyone happen to know if the eggs are going to be on sale this year? I know last year at out super target the eggs were 2 for $1.I know we're going to go through a lot with the dye kits.

that's right. I completely forgot about that. I guess we'll just have to wait and see. Seems like it was an online coupon last year, wasn't it?

I saw the Photokinz too - I was tempted and passed - of course, now I am thinking I should go back and get them if there still there and put away for my kids christmas presents (scary, I am thinking of christmas already :eyepoppin).

Oh, the small audio rockers finally got marked down about a week ago to $9.98. I bought two pink for my girls, one black for my son. So, hopefully your store will be marking them down soon.

I did find a bunch of the art/craft stuff still marked 30% scanned 75%.

Transformers Tattoo Maker $1.98

POC Art $3.74

Charm Kit $2.48

I bought a bunch for upcoming birthdays/easter baskets.

I think about buying presents for Christmas when they have the big toy clearence at Target, so the first week in January!! All three of my kids were born at the end of the year, two in Nov. and one in Dec. so everything I buy all year long gets put away till the end of the year!

Re: Goback carts - I don't think I have ever seen one of these at my Target! Maybe the manager makes them do that stuff on off-hours because the giant cubbies (for returns) that are stacked behind customer service are always super full of stuff...but no carts sitting out anywhere!

Re: Goback carts - I don't think I have ever seen one of these at my Target! Maybe the manager makes them do that stuff on off-hours because the giant cubbies (for returns) that are stacked behind customer service are always super full of stuff...but no carts sitting out anywhere!

They aren't "supposed" to be out on the sales floor unless a team member is working it and putting stuff on the shelves right then. However, many stores leave them sitting around all the time. Some stores it becomes a real problem. One of my stores used to have a "train" of them at the front end every morning. It was like an obstacle course. They also used to have their "team meetings at store opening time, and I would hear the constant complaining about it. They finally changed the policy, so they don't have a train anymore. But the carts often sit on the sales floor. I take advantage of this at holiday clearance time and stash stuff in the bottoms of them. I cover them with whatever the department stuff is. Then when I go in the next morning the stuff is usually still there.

I actually found some great deals during the big toy sale in those carts. I also think that when they find someones stash or misplaced items, they throw those in the carts too. My local store never has those out but there are a few out of town stores that I have raided the carts! Wish my local store had that problem ;)

I actually found some great deals during the big toy sale in those carts. I also think that when they find someones stash or misplaced items, they throw those in the carts too. My local store never has those out but there are a few out of town stores that I have raided the carts! Wish my local store had that problem ;)

I'm beginning to think that my Target is just too clean and organized for its own good (oops, I mean MY own good!) :yup:

Hey everyone! I bought the Kone over the weekend here in NJ for 9.xx. It's the plum color, not the most masculine but the brown is still 39.xx, and mine cleans just the same! Today I got some nice photo albums that hold 150+ photos for 50% off at 4.98, bought all three and will need to find a couple more at some other Targets. Also got some Champion boxerbriefs for 2.48!!! :cheesy: that's 75% off, would have bought 20 pairs if they had them. Looking forward to the weekend!

I got one today...almost threw it away because it blended in with the catalog so well!!!

yes, it is weird how they try to be so artistic with them that you'd likely miss it altogether! I didn't get one yet - hopefully will be here soon! :)

am I the only one who feels like the actual Target store and appearance are far less "trendy" than they try to be in their commercials and ads? I mean don't get me wrong, our store is always clean and organized and filled with current styles, etc, but I don't consider myself a "trendy" person and don't care for their ads, yet nearly everything in the store appeals to me and my family.....

For me, I don't have a problem with employees getting clearance items. But what I DO have a problem with is shopping while they are supposed to be working and also lying to a customer (as in my case yesterday).

Additionally, they should have to wait until the item is marked down and they are off the clock before they are allowed to put it in a cart, purchase it, etc. Afterall, Target WILL NOT hold a clearance item for a customer, it should be the same for an employee.

I agree!

At one store an employee actually has a flatbed cart with the things she was suppose to be working on and another shopping cart for herself that she was scanning items that were on holiday clearance 90% off & putting them into a cart for herself! When I told her I was looking for a specific item she had (that I knew would scan less than marked) she told me she was holding it & someone was buying it,so I could not have it. When I asked who she would not answer. Then she left the both carts & ran around the corner! She knew she had been busted for shopping on the clock! She wasn't even really doing her job, just searching & scanning certain items to put into her own cart. That was last yr when the health & beauty dept also went 90% after Christmas. I left it, but won't next time!!

After yesterday I feel as if it's 'GAME ON' with the markdown team. lol Seriously, I will make it a point of looking through the markdown carts from now on. I may just buy stuff to mess with them. :2stickpok

I wanted to tell her, "How do you know that I am not a mystery shopper and you could get in trouble for doing what you just did?" The Disney Store (I moonlighted there for about a year.) used to get shopped on a regular basis. We prided ourselves in always getting a '101'.

yes, it is weird how they try to be so artistic with them that you'd likely miss it altogether! I didn't get one yet - hopefully will be here soon! :)

am I the only one who feels like the actual Target store and appearance are far less "trendy" than they try to be in their commercials and ads? I mean don't get me wrong, our store is always clean and organized and filled with current styles, etc, but I don't consider myself a "trendy" person and don't care for their ads, yet nearly everything in the store appeals to me and my family.....

No catalog here. Crossing my fingers I'll get one.

Had to laugh at the commercial thing. I haven't seen commercials in so long that I have no clue. My very geeky DH built us a Tivo-like system that doesn't require any stupid subscription fees, and it skips all the commercials automatically and completely. Drives my mom crazy when she visits. She actually likes commercials, so she doesn't like it. But our kids were 4 & 5 before they ever even SAW a commercial on TV. They don't even understand the concept of live TV as we record everything they are allowed to watch.

That said, I have to say that I find commercials and advertising in general to be so incredibly unrealistic. DHs pet peeve is the Bebe ads on the bus stops out here. They are so sleazy it is ridiculous. Anyway...enough of a rant...

After yesterday I feel as if it's 'GAME ON' with the markdown team. lol Seriously, I will make it a point of looking through the markdown carts from now on. I may just buy stuff to mess with them. :2stickpok

I wanted to tell her, "How do you know that I am not a mystery shopper and you could get in trouble for doing what you just did?" The Disney Store (I moonlighted there for about a year.) used to get shopped on a regular basis. We prided ourselves in always getting a '101'.

The down side of that will be when you need them to mark something down for you that hasn't been scanned. While I understand the sentiment, you don't want to :2urinate: in your own backyard as it were. If it is a store you don't visit all the time, maybe, but you don't want them to hate you. It just won't be worth it long term.

I have worked hard to cultivate relationships with the markdown teams at my regular stores. They like me and take care of me. I even bought them a round of Starbucks pastries during the toy markdown. They were taking their break down there and I knew I wanted a few things marked out of turn. They had been telling people they couldn't check their items because everyone and their brother was interrupting them and not letting them get their work done. But when they came back I was allowed to put my few items in their pathway so they would mark them for me. No problem. But they still kept turning others away.:yup:

I have worked hard to cultivate relationships with the markdown teams at my regular stores. They like me and take care of me. I even bought them a round of Starbucks pastries during the toy markdown. They were taking their break down there and I knew I wanted a few things marked out of turn. They had been telling people they couldn't check their items because everyone and their brother was interrupting them and not letting them get their work done. But when they came back I was allowed to put my few items in their pathway so they would mark them for me. No problem. But they still kept turning others away

I think that is so awesome! Unfortunately I am never around when the markdown team is marking at either of my stores...But I do have my favorite cashiers....And I often bring extra coupons to give out to them...

The down side of that will be when you need them to mark something down for you that hasn't been scanned. While I understand the sentiment, you don't want to :2urinate: in your own backyard as it were. If it is a store you don't visit all the time, maybe, but you don't want them to hate you. It just won't be worth it long term.

I have worked hard to cultivate relationships with the markdown teams at my regular stores. They like me and take care of me. I even bought them a round of Starbucks pastries during the toy markdown. They were taking their break down there and I knew I wanted a few things marked out of turn. They had been telling people they couldn't check their items because everyone and their brother was interrupting them and not letting them get their work done. But when they came back I was allowed to put my few items in their pathway so they would mark them for me. No problem. But they still kept turning others away.:yup:

I understand what you are saying. I'm just annoyed right now but I'll get over it. :) :yup:

Normally I'm not in there when the markdown team is doing their thing. It happened that I was in there unexpectedly the other day while they were marking stuff down.

After christmas sales, I reached in to a cart that had a bunch of clearance tags in it as well as the a scanner gun. It had the dial christmas 3 packs of liquid soap in it. They were $1.48 (large dispensers too). I put all 6 in my cart and an employee came around the corner and told me this was her stuff! I told her I was under the impression that employees couldn't shop when on the clock and it wasn't right for her to mark down and take all of them. (the cart also had some toys in it clearanced and some candy). She told me it would be her luck that I would turn her in so just take them. Real nasty. till this day she gives me evil looks when I head in. lol.

I don't know yet if the Photokinz are any good - they are still in my car being hidden from the children. I think they're a cute gift for the tween/teen age. My daughter just got a digital camera and yet still loves stuffed animals so a cute gift for her. I plan on trying out at least one of them to see how well they work so I'll let you know when I get around to it! Looks like the same idea as those digital photo keychains.

Thanks dnvillane, do let me know.

I was at Menlo park Target and I saw the Emerson microwaves at I think 50% off. If i remember correctly their orig price was 89.99 and now they were marked down to 44.xx, there were lots of them. I saw atleast 8 of them there.

No Cone , no Kurv yet :( . Only the regular priced ones.

Picked up the Transformer tattoo kit for 1.98, no Crayola stuff. The store seemed so clean, nothing out of place and not that much clearance stuff either.

Oh one more thing i saw, those Cars and Princess "make your rug" things were marked down 50% so now they were 44.xx