Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2008

Gator Pam

they have Valentine ponies on sale? Must have missed that post! My son, yes, son has been getting in trouble at preschool lately for fighting over, of all things, the ponies. Probably since it might be the one and only toy we do not actually own in our home, lol! I'd love to score a cheap set if I could and use them as a reward for him improving his behavior with them at school! :) Do you have the DPCI?

The Ponyville DPCI: 086021934.

i am in indiana and i have called the labor board (i was pregnant and not getting a break for 8-10 hours) and they said that unless it is a minor that there is nothing they can do!! no laws to protect adults at all :no:

Wow, apparently IN is one of the only states that doesn't have a law for meal breaks. That is unbelievable in this day and age!

I agree. I guess my store is weird then! :) I remember stashing a costume I wanted deep within the rack when it was at 30% so I could try to get it when they went lower. Or perhaps it was a signage mistake that day and I should have scanned the items anyway because maybe they really were 50% and not 30?? Before joining this board I would never have thought to do that but now I would!!

Oh yes. They took costumes down 30% before Halloween this past year. They might have still had the 30% signs up, but they were 50% the day after.

Thanks so much! I am bad about just going to the last post on some of these threads so thanks for directing me to the first post. It all has helped tremendously! Happy Shopping!

One other hint: Look for items in the wrong 'spot'. If the shelf tag says one thing and the item is different, chances are it might be a clearance item. Or an item of housewares in the toy aisle,,,,stuff like that.

And, Although I would hope it would never happen, I am afraid some dedicated perusers actually remove the red sticker before 'hiding' their item, thereby lessening the chance another peruser will find it and buy it before it goes 75%. I think that is being kind of shady, in my opinion. But I am sure it is not one of us GD perusers, as we all try to be fair about our bargain hunting.

It is the Car turbine head rotating brush. It was in the bag with the Flex Crevice tool and small brush tip to attach to the crevice tool. The three onboard attachments were in a seperate bag.

Thanks,

I tried to call Dyson, no luck they said I have to purchase them. I hate to drive 20 mi. just to see if the store still has them. I'm ok with that though, at least my store took an add. 33% off. Can't complain with getting it for $153. Maybe I'll just call,it doesn't hurt to try.

OK, regarding the Target popcorn/drink combo: didn't we all agree that it was $1 for both? All of a sudden I see a huge sign with a photo go up at our cafe saying that the popcorn/small drink combo is $2. Oh no!! Inflation rears its nasty head again, threatening to stunt my deal hunting! :)

I went today (and at least 1-2 times a week) and the popcorn & drink combo is $1 at every Target I've ever been to (6 different ones in the past 2 weeks). The hot dog/drink, nacho/drink, chicken tenders/drink, pretzel/drink combos are all $2.

Okay so explain perusing to me. Everytime I go to a Target, I never see these great deals. Do you just keep picking up things you like and scan them in hopes they are on sale, or do you look for the clearance signs, or what? Please explain your methods to us newbies to perusing!

It's funny because I had been doing this at Target for years but almost feel as if I've found a sorority for it. lol I am always on the hunt for the red clearance signs or the clearance endcaps. That's my method. Or if there is something that I like, I won't buy it at full price because I know Target will either put it on sale and will eventually put it on clearance. They cycle through their clothes so quickly that I NEVER buy clothes at regular price. With the other departments, there are time of the year when the whole section is reset so many items get cleared out.

I hope this helps and :gdwelcome:. :)

I just want to say that this thread is awesome!!

Anyone know how often the baby stuff goes on clearance? I know the dept generally gets marked down on Mondays, but how often is their BIG baby sale? I got some stuff during the late Jan one. :o)

They will reset the section again in the summer.

Help! Is anyone having trouble with the Shuman link?? Can someone please repost that for me in case I've saved it wrong or something?? Weird though, I just used it yesterday??

Its not working. The link was based off of a gottadeal's competitor's site. The competitor changed their website overnight last night and the JSchuman/Target thread on that site doesn't work as it used to.

Edited by andybrooke
typos

Its not working. The link was based off of a gottadeal's competitor's site. The competitor changed their website overnight last night and the JSchuman/Target thread on that site doesn't work as it used to.

I read the same thing.

I know all of us here at FW also want to say THANK YOU :gdthankyou:to JSchuman for all years the great work & great deals! I miss the link already!:gdmissu:

I picked up Hanes 3pk of boy's boxer briefs for $1.48. They also had Cherokee brand for $1.12 (2pk). The Hanes are the ones that are flat in the package; the new packs the are rolled. They also had boy's socks for 75% off.

GB was still 30% as of last night and there was still a ton of stuff.

OMG!!! NOOOOOO!! I NEED THAT SITE!!!! :eek::eek::eek::eek::mad::bigcry::bigcry::gdmissu::gdmissu:

I went today (and at least 1-2 times a week) and the popcorn & drink combo is $1 at every Target I've ever been to (6 different ones in the past 2 weeks). The hot dog/drink, nacho/drink, chicken tenders/drink, pretzel/drink combos are all $2.

Geez - what is up with that?? Unless it is ANOTHER signage issue, I checked and my Target cafe sign definitely says $2 for the popcorn/small drink combo. It is a brand new rectangular sign that they just put out on the counter. The other deal signs are round and posted up above. The other combos are $2 or more, I think. I assume that merchandise prices are consistent throughout the country or else we'd notice all kinds of discrepancies on this board, but I'm wondering if the cafe food prices can be different per area, just like they are at places like McDonalds...? hmmm..bummer because I had just taken the time to ask the cafe guy to read the popcorn oil ingredients for me so I could get the deal for DS3 (who has severe food allergies so we have to always check). Then again, $2 is not going to break the bank, esp when i am getting great deals on other things. :) Seriously though, this state is getting so expensive lately it is ridiculous.

Picked up a few great deals today all 75% off

Women's dress socks 3 pairs per pack $.98

4 pack of Women's Hanes underware $1.48

Ladies boots $9.74

gaucho sleep pants $2.48

a few of the spiderman yoyo's and wallets $.25

Also grabbed some of the cute Val items I had been eyeing... Nothing much that interested me as I have a little boy and Valentine's Day is impossible to find boy things for. I know there was more, but these things stood out to me.

I had a great trip tonight. For the first time ever(for me) I had the cashier tell me to name my price, I scored one of the Vtech kids digital cameras that everyone got on Christmas clearance,it scanned INF and he gave it to me for $5. I also got a Dyson DC14 for $229(reg $459), I did the happy dance all the way home.

Took DM & DS to Target with me today, DS started down the front isle and DM said oh! no, she shops the back isle first. :D DS asked why and before I could answer DM said because that's where the deals are! She's learning.

Found a couple things, 2 baby onesies for .25 each, few Vday clearance items, Physican Formula makeup reg $6.99 clearance $4.69 would have waited but they only had one of the concealers I needed.

Saw a crushed up box with a pack n play, it had a line through the bar code, just knew I found a return and it would be clearance price - drug it over to and lifted it up to scan it $109.99!

Full price. :shock: I really wanted one for my new grandchild on the way. Oh, well maybe in June when they do the next clearance.

Do you have the DCPI number and/or photo?

The number on the receipt is 082090082

(not sure if that is the DCPI) :confused: and it rang up for 39.98

It is blue and silver with an aluminum frame.

Just so you know it may not have a clearance sticker at some targets. I went to another Target today and found the same bike not marked.....of course I got them to scan it for me and sure enough it was 39.98 :yup:

Yes, but when it does it goes FAST!! I caught it one night, must have been marked down that afternoon and was able to get some, but there wasn't much left.

Thanks, they were 50% off yesterday and I was scared that it might all be all gone with the weekend crowd so I hid some :blush: , will go back on monday to check on my stash :D

The number on the receipt is 082090082

(not sure if that is the DCPI) :confused: and it rang up for 39.98

It is blue and silver with an aluminum frame.

Just so you know it may not have a clearance sticker at some targets. I went to another Target today and found the same bike not marked.....of course I got them to scan it for me and sure enough it was 39.98 :yup:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Floridasunshine

Do you have the DCPI number and/or photo?

I tried to find a photo online for you but couldn't find it on target.com but if you google it there are several people that have posted it for sale....so you can see their photos.:yup: