Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2008

Gator Pam

I bought one about two weeks ago when ours were at 50% off, and I love it...not just for the margaritas, but the kids get some great slushies out of it!!:)

Oh that is good to know. I am thinking of making some slushies out of it but my son thinks we should make margarita's. So maybe this weekend we might have to have a party!

Stopped by the Vogel Target today found a couple deals.

Wireless Wall Sconce reg $34.96 clearance $8.74, Lava Lamp reg $14.99 clearance $3.74, also the Dollar Spot was marked 50% off but the couple scrapbook items I bought ran up 75% off.

They had lots more but I only had 15 minutes to breeze through. I was only there to make a last minute pick up paper bags for the kid's Valentine party. :)

I went to Target to buy kitty food and of course, you can't go in without surfing the endcaps.

Boy, I'm glad I did. I FINALLY found the Rival 16 quart roaster on clearance. Now I knew that it would come up $0.00. I scanned it to be sure. And of course it did. So I took it to Customer Service. I explained to the guy that I knew it had been on clearance but now it was coming up without a price. So he tries it...same thing. Then he calls for a manager. The manager comes over and goes, yes these were on clearance and went to get the other machine to scan it. He comes back, scans it and goes you are going to get one heck of a deal. It was marked down 75% from $34.98....I GOT THE ROASTER FOR $8.74!!!! :g_dance::gdclap::thumbsup::bunny:

I just about jumped up and down right there at the service desk. lol I did tell them I was pretty happy because I had searched high and low for one when they were clearanced earlier. He asked where I found this one. I said it was on the bottom shelf where the towels were (just waiting for me...hee hee).

On a separate note, I saw the Margarators, the wine coolers, the small refrigerators and other assorted items like that for 75% off. I also saw some portable DVD players at 50% off.

I didn't have the money today (darn it, the day before payday!) but will be back at Target when first thing when they open! I figured with it being Valentine's Day, Target should be pretty empty tonight so the deals should be there in the AM. That is unless the employees get them. All I want is the Margarator. I didn't think to use it for slushes but that would be awesome for kid's parties.

Well, been sick all week and finally feel somewhat better - I was looking forward to just get out of the house.

I didn't find much and I totally forgot too look at the vacuums...but I did find one MM juice and its been a very long time so I was very happy about that.

I scored a cute metal and black picture frame for $1.98, a couple of $1.98 glass vases, a couple of dish towels (not sure how much $$$, but under $2), and the legendary MM juice (fruit punch).

GB was 50% off. They had a bunch of stuff, and only a couple of people were browsing through it.

Today I found really cute beach towels marked down to 2.98 (orig 11.99). They were the 3D type for kids (green frogs, blue w/pirates, pink w/flip flops, orange w/butterflies) and my store had some on an endcap and some on the bottom shelf in the towel section.

Thanks for the tip - I will definitely have to look for those!

I had a great night at Target!

My first MM find: 4 of them :D

The quilts that I have been watching went 75%, and the 1 green one was still there! Definatly meant for me! I got 2 King quilts with shams for $12.48 each, and a twin for $7.48. One for my bed, one for my sister's (next christmas), and the twin for the van/park blanket. Now I keep wondering if I should have picked up another twin for the couch. Maybe I will tomarrow.

Dollar Spot was 75% on the red dot stuff. I'm really looking forward to the blue dots now - princess and cars stuff. Global Bazzar was 50%.

Well, see you all at Target in the moring. Leave some chocolate for me!:yup:

Just an FYI, if anyone is watching the 300 thread count sheets that are clearanced, they are scratchy! I bought some at 50% for my boys 4 & 6, and even they think they are too scratchy.

For cat owners, don't miss the Valentines Temptations cat treats! They are in the valentines section, 5 packs in a pink box. Otherwise nothing VDay about them. But they scan as Valentines items. Go figure.

Went to Target for the first time in a week, can you believe it? I found a great deal, 2prs of Hello Kitty pajamas for $9.98, they were bundled together. But when I got home, the pajamas were no where to be found. I called up the store, guest services said it wasn't turned in back there. But the guy was really nice, he said to bring in my receipt and they could look at the video from my purchase and see what happened to the bag. That's good to know they will track your purchases if need be.

Went to another store and found the 12pc cookware that I had been watching for 75% off ($14.98). It's a cheaper set but I wanted to get it for our travel trailer that we haven't bought yet. But at least when we find the right one, we'll have our kitchen supplies in hand!

Just an FYI, if anyone is watching the 300 thread count sheets that are clearanced, they are scratchy! I bought some at 50% for my boys 4 & 6, and even they think they are too scratchy.

For cat owners, don't miss the Valentines Temptations cat treats! They are in the valentines section, 5 packs in a pink box. Otherwise nothing VDay about them. But they scan as Valentines items. Go figure.

Are these sheets the Fieldcrest brand? Almost bought some yesterday and was planning to go back for them today. Thanks!

Are these sheets the Fieldcrest brand? Almost bought some yesterday and was planning to go back for them today. Thanks!

Yes, those are the ones. It was a real disappointment. DS is almost 7 and has moved from wanting superhero sheets to wanting something comfortable. I was hoping to do this on the cheap, but he hated them. Fortunately, I only washed 1 set and was able to return the others.

I called up the store, guest services said it wasn't turned in back there. But the guy was really nice, he said to bring in my receipt and they could look at the video from my purchase and see what happened to the bag. That's good to know they will track your purchases if need be.

Wow! Not sure if that is cool or creepy! I don't think all the stores have this capability but it sure is interesting!

Went to Target for the first time in a week, can you believe it? I found a great deal, 2prs of Hello Kitty pajamas for $9.98, they were bundled together. But when I got home, the pajamas were no where to be found. I called up the store, guest services said it wasn't turned in back there. But the guy was really nice, he said to bring in my receipt and they could look at the video from my purchase and see what happened to the bag. That's good to know they will track your purchases if need be.

Went to another store and found the 12pc cookware that I had been watching for 75% off ($14.98). It's a cheaper set but I wanted to get it for our travel trailer that we haven't bought yet. But at least when we find the right one, we'll have our kitchen supplies in hand!

What brand was the cookware?

Most stores, not just Target, now have the ability to track your purchases via security camera.

Yeah, Home Depot does the same. My husband bought some duct tape and didn't realize until he got home he was also charged for 10 cases of tile. He had gone through self checkout and but the machine was having issues so an employee scanned his items and must have scanned the tiles behind him or something. He called the store and the manager said to bring in his receipt and they'd look up the security tape of him checking out. Upon review, they refunded the tile charges; the tape showed him leaving with just a small bag and not a flatcart full of tile!

Yeah, Home Depot does the same. My husband bought some duct tape and didn't realize until he got home he was also charged for 10 cases of tile. He had gone through self checkout and but the machine was having issues so an employee scanned his items and must have scanned the tiles behind him or something. He called the store and the manager said to bring in his receipt and they'd look up the security tape of him checking out. Upon review, they refunded the tile charges; the tape showed him leaving with just a small bag and not a flatcart full of tile!

Wow, I've never heard of such a thing. I've been charged for extra things in Kohls a few times and I always feel funny when I have to go back for my money. It's so easy to lie about that sort of thing.

Does anyone know if the bakeware from the Valentine's section actually goes on Clearance or if it goes back to the aisle? I have my eye on some cookie sheets and might even get them at 30% if I can.

Valentine's is 50% off. I just got back. Picked up large bags of playdoh, multi packs of little pads of paper, pencils, etc. Bakeware was included. The chocolate and strawberry marshmallows however did not ring up 50%. The strawberry ones were marked down from .99 to .84. Anyway, the whole area was a mess. They had a huge team of people working to set the Easter back there, while all of the shoppers were trying to look and most of the Vday stuff was piled up on shelves (very hard to look through and very crowded!).

Go at lunch.

I went to a Target last night around 8pm and was suprised to see how EMPTY the Valentine's aisles were. They were really picked over, looks like they got a last minute rush. I'm probably not going today because of how little they had left, and doubtful this Target will have anything at 75%.

I went to a Target last night around 8pm and was suprised to see how EMPTY the Valentine's aisles were. They were really picked over, looks like they got a last minute rush. I'm probably not going today because of how little they had left, and doubtful this Target will have anything at 75%.

I don't even bother waiting for the holiday stuff to go 75% off. If I see stuff I want when it's 50% off, I get it then. Better to get it at 50% off than not at all.