Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2008

Gator Pam

I scored BIG time at Target today!!!

Jewely Armoir reg $49.99 for $12.xx

Cranium Fort for $6.xx

Mr Megorium book $3.xx (Been scanning this every week waiting for it to go down)

Eddie Bauer keychain light $2.xx

Color Wonder Animals kit $10.xx (Not a big discount, but after my DS colored on the walls and my desk this morning, I had to get these!)

And my best deal today......Little Tykes Inflatable Bouncer Airplay Trampoline for $17.xx reg $99.99!!!

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2780966

A few other things worth noting:

Lots of cosmetics marked down

Bulk items STILL only 15% off at my store

Lots of heating ans fireplace stuff 30%

power ranger boys sz 8 underwear 3 pk right on reg shelf and shelf tag showing 1.43 instead of 4.96 like all the rest. bought all 4.

Thanks Rondadeal!!!! I just picked up a pack for DS! Size 6 though. It seems like all the power ranger sizes were that price. He's having a power ranger party next month and as strange as it sounds, he'll be thrilled to get power ranger underwear.

Cranium Fort for $6.xx

Mr Megorium book $3.xx (Been scanning this every week waiting for it to go down)

Color Wonder Animals kit $10.xx (Not a big discount, but after my DS colored on the walls and my desk this morning, I had to get these!)

And my best deal today......Little Tykes Inflatable Bouncer Airplay Trampoline for $17.xx reg $99.99!!!

Wow I am so jealous! I have been wanting that Trampoline! But ours all sold out at the 30% off price!!

Ran to Target on lunch today looking for baby stuff for a friend that is pregnant... Found Graco Pack and Play, Swing and stroller on clearance marked to about $28 each piece, and they are all matching pieces... They were returns because someone ordered them online and the UPS tags were still attached, but since they were returned, they were stickered as is and were 50% off!!! Just had to share my good deal!!!

Ran to Target on lunch today looking for baby stuff for a friend that is pregnant... Found Graco Pack and Play, Swing and stroller on clearance marked to about $28 each piece, and they are all matching pieces... They were returns because someone ordered them online and the UPS tags were still attached, but since they were returned, they were stickered as is and were 50% off!!! Just had to share my good deal!!!

Wow, what a great find! I love finding on-line returns.

wow - you guys are doing GREAT today!! I didn't get much today except for a bunch of dollar spot stuff and one size 2-4T black hat and mittens set for $1.98. My store pretty much is wiped out of clearance right now (and half of it is in MY basement, lol!) Anyway, if any of you are looking for a cheap cute thing for your child's class valentines, they have these little heart-shaped "booklets" of V-day stickers in the dollar spot and there are 4 sheets per booklet, so at $.50 per pack, they are just a bit over 12 cents per sheet. My favorite dollar spot stuff was the Tweety bird stuff - i got a bunch of little Tweety purses and sticker sets and hair things to use at a future party for favors... Also, if you have a little princess in your life, you can grab the 20-pack of cello bags that are marketed for V-day (also 50 cents, dollar spot) but basically just have little frogs wearing pink crowns on them and pink hearts all over. Would work great for goody bags at a princess party...

Cranium Fort for $6.xx

Found one that I think someone had returned too...maybe 1.5 weeks or so ago...I think they were originally 69.99. Congrats! My daughter looooves it. :yup:

I got my best deal yet! I got this Amy Coe girls bedding set for 10.04 (85% off!)

http://www.target.com/Amy-Coe-Garden-4-pc-Crib/dp/B000OVEBBO/ref=in_de_detail-buybox-with-variations/601-3527387-5067303

Thats nice it said 59.00 on the web going to go after work see if we have one at our store having a new Granddaughter and that would be nice for her at that price if I can find one:D well went and nothing did find some crayola color explosion rainbow for 3.48

Edited by alisa56jim

UGH... Couldn't go today. No school for the kids. Didn't want to head out as they don't let me walk the aisles. Such good finds lately! congrats! Tomorrow (weather permitting) Im going to go. Of course possible 6 inches by mid afternoon.

I am in central indiana (Indianapolis area) and the news it talking about snow - wintery mix - ice - etc.! YUCK!

I planned on going to Target after work but the buzz in my school was if it is bad as they are saying they are canceling.

We will see!

Cranium Fort for $6.xx

Wow you did awesome!!! I wish my store had good deals like that...my kids would love the trampoline!!My store gets cleared out real quick with the Canadians coming over to get good deals too....

Cranium Fort for $6.xx

Have you tried the Trampoline yet??

I read the reviews on your link & some say they leak & ratings aren't too good. I hate to rely on them since some people only post if it's bad.

Have you tried the Trampoline yet??

I read the reviews on your link & some say they leak & ratings aren't too good. I hate to rely on them since some people only post if it's bad.

No, I have not tried it yet. I did read the reviews but for $17.xx, I will make it work. It is for my 21 month old and will be a great addition to birthday parties or playdates.

No, I have not tried it yet. I did read the reviews but for $17.xx, I will make it work. It is for my 21 month old and will be a great addition to birthday parties or playdates.

I am sure you will enjoy it. I have yet to buy any Little Tikes toy that didn't have a ton of play value ( and we have a LOT, lol) We have the larger moonbounce and slide from Little Tikes and it is made very well. They don't make junk. As for the leaking, the reviews on my bouncer say the same thing, but if you read the instructions carefully (for mine) it says that the small amount of air coming out around seams, etc is designed that way so as to reduce the chance of bursting...

I haven't been finding any good deals recently. This is probably a good thing since my wallet feels as if it needs a rest.

I hear you! My wallet is actually going to have to go on an anti-diet right now since it is just TOO SKINNY. And I've worn the strip off of my Target Visa. :)

I have a question for all of you....I have never really looked at Valentine clearance before. Does alot of it get wiped out at 50% or would I be safe with waiting for 75%. I really only need small filler type stuff.:D

It really depends on your store! There is one near me that is cleared out quickly at 50% and another that has loads for 75% off. If there is something you really have to get, then don't wait. Keep your receipts handy and check back when they go down again. Our Targets are really good about the clearance swap (buy it at 50%, buy it again at 75% and return it with the 50% off receipt) even on holiday merchandise. I've never had a problem anyway!

It really depends on your store! There is one near me that is cleared out quickly at 50% and another that has loads for 75% off. If there is something you really have to get, then don't wait. Keep your receipts handy and check back when they go down again. Our Targets are really good about the clearance swap (buy it at 50%, buy it again at 75% and return it with the 50% off receipt) even on holiday merchandise. I've never had a problem anyway!

I know...I just meant generally. Ours has loads of stuff left at Halloween but basically nothing Christmas is left by the time it goes 75%. Like you say if I really need it (which I don't;)) I guess I'll just bite the bullet! I have never done the swap with clearance seasonal merch. They don't mind you returning it even if it is seasonal? Also, I am allowed 2 returns per year without receipt right?

My return people don't care if it's seasonal as long as you have the receipt. I haven't tried the no receipt route, so I'm not sure what the latest policy is.

I always try to set a price point I'm willing to wait for. Some things are worth buying 50% off and some things aren't. Heck, some things are a great deal for full price!

In my experience, there will be some candy and valentine boxed cards left at 75% off. The decor and things tend to go earlier, but some things do linger. It's what makes this Target things exciting - you never know what you're going to find!

I know...I just meant generally. Ours has loads of stuff left at Halloween but basically nothing Christmas is left by the time it goes 75%. Like you say if I really need it (which I don't;)) I guess I'll just bite the bullet! I have never done the swap with clearance seasonal merch. They don't mind you returning it even if it is seasonal? Also, I am allowed 2 returns per year without receipt right?

our stores never allow it for seasonal merchandise, and it is the official policy not to. But some posters have reported it being common practice where they are. You know, it might be due to some state law where they are. Not sure why that didn't occur to me before. There are some of those rules that simply don't apply to various states. Like here in CA, you aren't allowed to have a gift card "expire." They are valid forever, as long as the business is still in business. In fact, my friend in Canada got an Amazon gift certificate and it "expired," so she had her husband, who works here in Pasadena two weeks every month order something using it here, so they had to honor it. Anyway...I digress. I think the ones who report it being common are in Missouri if I remember right.

Don't miss out on the great cooking stuff when it goes clearance! I got some of those heart shaped cake pans last year for 90% off! I was thrilled. I just got lucky and found a BUNCH of stuff in a go-backs cart after it went down. I felt like I hit the lottery that day. I got a couple of those cookie sheet liners and some bowls and stuff. I was able to make a heart-shaped bday cake for my friend and just leave it in the pan when I took it to our little party. I gave her the pan as well. :yup: So when my birthday rolled around, I got a heart shaped cake too. ;)

... also don't forget the Valentines Day scrapbooking stuff. PLEASE if you are in the KC area, don't forget those aisles. I sooo don't need any of it, but when all that cute stuff is just sitting in those aisles undetected, it's hard to pass it up!!! I am one of those moms who just continues to buy all of those embellishments/paper, etc. just CERTAIN that I am going to get busy (and get caught up) on my 3 daughters' books. My youngest is 2 and I'm up to her baptism page right now! UGH! Anyway, those aisles seem to always be forgotten and are usually well stocked even at 90% off.

... also don't forget the Valentines Day scrapbooking stuff. PLEASE if you are in the KC area, don't forget those aisles. I sooo don't need any of it, but when all that cute stuff is just sitting in those aisles undetected, it's hard to pass it up!!! I am one of those moms who just continues to buy all of those embellishments/paper, etc. just CERTAIN that I am going to get busy (and get caught up) on my 3 daughters' books. My youngest is 2 and I'm up to her baptism page right now! UGH! Anyway, those aisles seem to always be forgotten and are usually well stocked even at 90% off.

I know exactly what you mean! I didn't catch the scrapbook bug until my son was older, so I swore that I was going to do a book for him every year of his teenage years. I did his 13 year book pretty faithfully - well his 14 year old book...ummm, not so good.:cheesy: He will be 15 in a few weeks. Guess I'm going to have to get to it. Thanks to everyone for all the heads up information about the scrapbooking supplies!