Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2008

Gator Pam

I noticed that someone found a crockpot for $4.98. I've seen lots of them around, but only at 30-50% off. Did others find those this past week for 75% off? I haven't really been out too much cause of a bad sinus infection and I just wonder if the majority of stores took those crock pots down to 75% off or if there are still some out there!

They were still 13.98 at my target on Thursday.

I went to the Target at Tanque Verde and Grant today. They had the Sunbeam Mixers for $24.98 (50%). I bought a Rival Electric Skillet for $12.48 (also 50% off). I found a sweater for me for 75% off and a few more at 50% off. This included some that I had bought a few days ago at another Target at 30% off. I repurchased them at 50% off then returned with the 30% off receipt.

I just had a very upsetting trip to Target. When we got there I went to return some things and try to get the shutterfly calender price matched (or returned if they wouldn't). The lady told me that she wouldn't take the calender back (despite having the receipt and unopened product, under 30days). She said it had gone salvage and she wouldn't accept it back! I was a bit stunned, asked to speak to a supervisor and she said that they wouldn't tell me anything different (and thus a supervisor was not provided).

Well, stunned me continued on my shopping trip (with every intention of finding a supervisor to speak to about the shutterfly), we stopped by and found 1 left of the princess toy organizer for 50% off ($19.98), grabbed it. Found a portable dvd case w/headphones for $2.48, then found one of the inflatable portable dora beds in the 50% off section of sporting goods, but it was ringing up $20.99 (from $29.99) on the scanner (there were like 4-5 of them on the shelf) :confused: so I found an associate, he scanned and got the same thing on his scanner, but before he could say anything another associate (who turned out to be the "team leader") came up to us, he explained the situation and she really got snappy at me, saying that was the price, that it must be there by mistake and I should've gone and scanned it :shock:

I was stunned, explained that I had scanned it, that's why i found an associate, that there were 4-5 others stacked with it (so it obviously wasn't just placed there by a customer), so it was obviously their mistake. She rudely took down the 50% sign that was in front of the bed and threw it in a cart and said that the problem was solved. I was really upset by this, and the way she spoke with me, she even snapped at the other associate who had been trying to help me that he was supposed to be somewhere else and not with me! OMG.

I didn't realize how shaken and upset I was by this for a few minutes (I was going to leave the store instead of shopping more)...and I walked right by the first associate again, he apologized for what had happened and told me that he was shocked by her response as well, and that he felt I should speak with the store supervisor, and he took me to find her (I was crying at this point, and hated that i was crying).

Well, the store supervisor had the situation explained to her by the associate, apologized profusely to me and had him go get the bed and gave it to me for 50% off the clearance price (so we got it for $10.24)...then she opened a new register and checked me out herself...she even offered me a complimentary drink to make me feel better (i declined). She was so sweet and really helped me feel better about Target (The trip really had me soured). Still, i'm glad i'm home...still not sure what to do about the Shutterfly though...

I know Target will not price adjust clearance items. There is no if, ands or buts on this one. I guess some have had success doing this but I know that it's their policy to not price adjust clearance. Of course, this should be explained without the attitude you experienced.

I just had a very upsetting trip to Target. When we got there I went to return some things and try to get the shutterfly calender price matched (or returned if they wouldn't). The lady told me that she wouldn't take the calender back (despite having the receipt and unopened product, under 30days). She said it had gone salvage and she wouldn't accept it back! I was a bit stunned, asked to speak to a supervisor and she said that they wouldn't tell me anything different (and thus a supervisor was not provided).

Well, stunned me continued on my shopping trip (with every intention of finding a supervisor to speak to about the shutterfly), we stopped by and found 1 left of the princess toy organizer for 50% off ($19.98), grabbed it. Found a portable dvd case w/headphones for $2.48, then found one of the inflatable portable dora beds in the 50% off section of sporting goods, but it was ringing up $20.99 (from $29.99) on the scanner (there were like 4-5 of them on the shelf) :confused: so I found an associate, he scanned and got the same thing on his scanner, but before he could say anything another associate (who turned out to be the "team leader") came up to us, he explained the situation and she really got snappy at me, saying that was the price, that it must be there by mistake and I should've gone and scanned it :shock:

I was stunned, explained that I had scanned it, that's why i found an associate, that there were 4-5 others stacked with it (so it obviously wasn't just placed there by a customer), so it was obviously their mistake. She rudely took down the 50% sign that was in front of the bed and threw it in a cart and said that the problem was solved. I was really upset by this, and the way she spoke with me, she even snapped at the other associate who had been trying to help me that he was supposed to be somewhere else and not with me! OMG.

I didn't realize how shaken and upset I was by this for a few minutes (I was going to leave the store instead of shopping more)...and I walked right by the first associate again, he apologized for what had happened and told me that he was shocked by her response as well, and that he felt I should speak with the store supervisor, and he took me to find her (I was crying at this point, and hated that i was crying).

Well, the store supervisor had the situation explained to her by the associate, apologized profusely to me and had him go get the bed and gave it to me for 50% off the clearance price (so we got it for $10.24)...then she opened a new register and checked me out herself...she even offered me a complimentary drink to make me feel better (i declined). She was so sweet and really helped me feel better about Target (The trip really had me soured). Still, i'm glad i'm home...still not sure what to do about the Shutterfly though...

Sorry that happend to you. When I found a toy with a whole bunch of other toys on the front of one of the rows with a sign that said 75% off, their was a lady in the back unloading toys making rude coments! I waited for a supervisor who came, saw the sign,then gave it to me for the 75% off then changed the sign. You never know who you will get to help you. There are some really cranky ladies at my Target then there are some really nice people there to. Could you please give me the dcpi for the princess org. ?

TIA,

Alissa

I'm so sorry this happened to you! Has happened to me so many times where I HONESTLY find something where there are several others where signage is wrong-I always get treated as if I moved all those items just to rip them off! The fight is not worth it nor is being embarassed and treated like a criminal! (I have even tried to buy items and have been told I switched tags? WHAT!?) That woman sure handled that situation wrong! Sorry you had to go through that and bravo for the person who made it right for you!!!! (though, I would have took the free drink :D) Glad you found some other items too that made the trip worth it......;)

I was just going to say I felt like I hit the lotto today when I found 3 MM grape, I couldn't believe it they were just sitting in the front of the shelf, I was soooo excited!!! How easily it is to make some people happy! :D

Did you find these at Boardman or Niles ??? (Still on the lookout for MM and yet to find !!!)

I found it at the Boardman one, the first time I ever saw it there but I really don't go there that often, I search for them in Niles and came up empty handed.

wow - katiesmommy I am so sorry to hear about all that. If you have the receipt and are within the time frame, I thought they had to take an item back, even if they can't price adjust it!! Am I wrong?

I thought so too. I would maybe call their CS number about this.

Sorry that happend to you. When I found a toy with a whole bunch of other toys on the front of one of the rows with a sign that said 75% off, their was a lady in the back unloading toys making rude coments! I waited for a supervisor who came, saw the sign,then gave it to me for the 75% off then changed the sign. You never know who you will get to help you. There are some really cranky ladies at my Target then there are some really nice people there to. Could you please give me the dcpi for the princess org. ?

TIA,

Alissa

The dcpi is the # on the receipt right? sorry...new to this...it's 097031495 get this...I opened it up to put it together after my daughter went to sleep...and the wood is broken! :gdno: so now I have to return it...and hopefully find another one at a different store...:bonk: what a crappy night!

Sorry about your bad Target shopping trip......My target let me return a stroller that i had a receipt for that had gone to salvage....Also I would recommend you contacting Target's home office to report that nasty employee...They need to know when this happens so that it doesnt occur again to you or any other customer

The dcpi is the # on the receipt right? sorry...new to this...it's 097031495 get this...I opened it up to put it together after my daughter went to sleep...and the wood is broken! :gdno: so now I have to return it...and hopefully find another one at a different store...:bonk: what a crappy night!

Normally there is a number in the box for the company who made it. You can call them and tell them what is broken, etc. They should send you the replacement parts.

It may be that they are considering this to be the same as a gift card, phone card etc. since it had to be activated. On certain items there is no return. See Target.com return policy.

I think there should be a disclaimer that prints on the receipt if returns are not accepted. Also, I don't understand what going to salvage has to do with the item being returned, if you fall within the stated return date, it should be accepted back except for seasonal items that they have set a policy for. It sounds like some folks are dealing with cranky personnel LOL. I am so glad that the supervisor had her wits about her and took over and charge of the situation, I would go back and talk with the supervisor tomorrow or Monday and see what can be done with the Shutterfly. Reducing people to tears is really bad policy and I would be so upset with an employee if they did that to someone.

Plus I found the Shutterfly marked $16.98 (calender), also ringing up item not found...he gave it to me for $9 :) I asked to get more, but he said no :( After I rang up I went and got another and went up front to pay for it (hoping to get it marked down too)...but the cashier just keyed in the $16.98 *sniffle* still deciding whether or not i should return it....thoughts?

Katiesmommy01: Since you originally purchased the Shutterfly for ITEM NOT FOUND, it could be why it was difficult for you to return it. However, when you had the person in charge who opened up the line for you, what did they say about it?

I'd try a different store with the Shutterfly. If you don't have a different store, then call the 800 number. If they still won't take care of it, I would contact the State Attorney General (they almost all have websites with easy online forms to do this), as it is against the law for them to fail to honor their stated policy, and even though it won't help you specifically, they need to be alerted. When AG's get enough complaints about particular retailers, they often will investigate and go after the store if they find a pattern of abuse. Target has gotten in trouble about price scanner stuff more than once in more than one state. It is embarrassing, and the same would be true of the returns thing.

I would also report the whole scenario to the 800 number. Make sure you have your receipt when you call. They need to know that this sort of thing is happening in that store. It is good that the manager did the right thing, but sometimes it will still not be dealt with properly without contacting someone at a higher level.

where are the mm juices and what does mm stand for?

yahoo my first time looking I found a grape. I'll probably never find another. I was kind of suprized because alot of the stuff you guys talk about on here I don't seem to find for the same price in my store. Maybe I don't know exactly what I'm doing yet or somebody is getting there first. It is fun (getting expensive) trying though. You guys are awesome.

It may be that they are considering this to be the same as a gift card, phone card etc. since it had to be activated. On certain items there is no return. See Target.com return policy.

Yep, I think this may be the issue with attempting to return the Shutterfly.

GiftCards, e-GiftCards, pre-paid music, game and phone cards cannot be returned.

Refund value for each item returned will be reduced to reflect value of free gift or discount.

Other restrictions may apply.

I did note that previously someone mentioned the 1800 number for Shutterfly. If there is a problem with the activation or it working properly etc, call them for help in the matter.

I also had not such a good experience with Target this week, although it was the first time ever, and I still love Target! I bought the red Emerson microwave which was advertised in the Black Friday ad for (I thought)35.00. Stupid me, for whatever reason, checked my receipt and totally missed that I had been charged regular price. Maybe because I had so many other things on there.;) Anyway, I was going through things for tax purposes and realized the mistake. Since I had the receipt and still had until 2/21/08 to return things, I thought there would be no problem. To make a long story short, I got the run-around from one of the managers. She said they just didn't know how to do that, on a 3 month old receipt...and how did they know it was the right microwave, because all they had was the word Emerson and code...and there might have been a special offer just for Black Friday where they got a special allotment of microwaves in...and a bunch of other reasons. I had been able to find that the microwaves had been $30.00, not 35.00, as I remembered (no big deal) and I told her that I bought the microwave only because it was that price (Splurging on a red microwave just because it was red does not justify me buying it for regular price!), and I got it where all the other red microwaves were, with the sign that said $30.00, and maybe, since they could not find a copy of the ad, they could contact corporate and get one to make sure that I bought the right one. She didn't seem to want to do that, so I said, well, even if it isn't, (there were no other places the microwaves were that day-I was all over that store, with my 17 year old daughter-twice!) I didn't feel like it was my mistake as the signs were in front of these microwaves. My only mistake was not checking my receipt better. I think the biggest problem she had was that she didn't know how she was going to do it. She seemed to remember the microwaves...maybe they should make sure they have the ads AND make the receipts with a better item description. I never even thought that about someone thinking I would buy a microwave, the day after Thanksgiving, for $69.99, when there was a nice one on sale for $30.00. I finally did get my money back, but it is just so yucky to have to have confrontations.

If anyone finds the toy organizers on clearance and wants a good idea for using them here is one we got from our neighbor and it has worked out great!! Use them as bins for the various types of grocery play foods you have and the kids can go shopping right from the "store." The bin organizer itself kind of acts as an aisle or as divider between our play checkout station and the play kitchen area. My kids love it this way and it keeps all the food nice and sorted at the end of a day. Before we used our toy organizer for little odds and ends of toys but it always looked messy and didn't really get used to its full potential. My neighbor had trouble finding an actual "grocery shelf" type toy and came up with this idea and I'm glad we copied her!

Normally there is a number in the box for the company who made it. You can call them and tell them what is broken, etc. They should send you the replacement parts.

both of the wood parts are broken (only the plastic bins are ok)...i'm hoping that another store will have them and we can just pick one up...would the company replace both wood sides? that's basically the entire organizer:confused:

Katiesmommy01: Since you originally purchased the Shutterfly for ITEM NOT FOUND, it could be why it was difficult for you to return it. However, when you had the person in charge who opened up the line for you, what did they say about it?

I thought about asking her about it, but at that point the issue was the other employee and the dora bed and I didn't want to complicate things anymore. I'm going to try to return it to another store today (when we return the toy organizer)...i'll let you guys know how it goes.

both of the wood parts are broken (only the plastic bins are ok)...i'm hoping that another store will have them and we can just pick one up...would the company replace both wood sides? that's basically the entire organizer:confused:

Yes. That is the nature of furniture like that. We always call the number and get replacement pieces if something is missing or broken. It happens often.

I thought about asking her about it, but at that point the issue was the other employee and the dora bed and I didn't want to complicate things anymore. I'm going to try to return it to another store today (when we return the toy organizer)...i'll let you guys know how it goes.

They should still return the Shutterfly because you are having a problem with it, not because you just dont want it. It is not your fault the Shutterfly is defective ...and they should honor that and return it. Why should you purchase an item that is "broke/defective" and lose out money? They should return it for you. Also, have Target call other Target stores for you to see if they have the toy organizer...again Target is at fault for selling a broke toy organizer and the least they can do is call other Targets in your area and have them hold it for you to go get. They should even give you an additional 10% off the toy organizer for all your hassle you went through and gas money to exchange it at a different store!! Thats the least they can do!! Talk to the store manager if an associate wont help you...:yup:

They should still return the Shutterfly because you are having a problem with it, not because you just dont want it. It is not your fault the Shutterfly is defective ...and they should honor that and return it. Why should you purchase an item that is "broke/defective" and lose out money? They should return it for you. Also, have Target call other Target stores for you to see if they have the toy organizer...again Target is at fault for selling a broke toy organizer and the least they can do is call other Targets in your area and have them hold it for you to go get. They should even give you an additional 10% off the toy organizer for all your hassle you went through and gas money to exchange it at a different store!! Thats the least they can do!! Talk to the store manager if an associate wont help you...:yup:

Some items if defective are not returnable but are guaranteed by the manufacturer, not the retailer.