Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2008

Gator Pam

The Fisher Price Papasan swing is still full price at my store, does anyone have the DCPI for the ones that they bought? So that I can compare and see if maybe the one they bought is different than the one my store has. Thank you

I'm sorry I don't have the DCPI for the papasan swing that was on sale for 75% off, but it definitely was slightly different from the ones at full price, sitting just a few feet away. The box looked slightly different in size and design...

also wanted to mention that cashiers have indicated to me before that often workers

"find" things in the back room long after the rest of that kind of iten have been sold, so that is also a way to find great things long after you think they should be gone... I just saw a man walk out of the store yesterday with a clearanced jogging stroller that I KNOW was not out on the racks since I had just been looking there. He must have gotten it from the back by asking..

The Fisher Price Papasan swing is still full price at my store, does anyone have the DCPI for the ones that they bought? So that I can compare and see if maybe the one they bought is different than the one my store has. Thank you

I dont have the DPCI but I remember someone saying to look for the one in the RED box.

I'm sorry I don't have the DCPI for the papasan swing that was on sale for 75% off, but it definitely was slightly different from the ones at full price, sitting just a few feet away. The box looked slightly different in size and design...

also wanted to mention that cashiers have indicated to me before that often workers

"find" things in the back room long after the rest of that kind of iten have been sold, so that is also a way to find great things long after you think they should be gone... I just saw a man walk out of the store yesterday with a clearanced jogging stroller that I KNOW was not out on the racks since I had just been looking there. He must have gotten it from the back by asking..

I was at one of my regular targets last Friday, and they had three joggers on clearance that looked sorta like this http://www.target.com/Baby-Trend-Expedition-Extreme-Jogger/dp/B000N67DBK/sr=1-1/qid=1202244182/ref=sr_1_1/602-3374413-0465467?ie=UTF8&index=target&field-browse=1038590&rh=k%3Ajogger%2Ctgt%5F2%3ARed&page=1 marked down to $24.98. Actually 2 of the boxes were marked something like $64.xx or $68.xx but the only reason I scanned it was because one box was marked $24.xx... it was a great find, and perfect timing as one of my good friends just found out she is pregnant!!!

Does anyone shop at any Maryland Targets? I have the hardest time finding good deals. Nothing seems to be marked down as much as other people have found. What am I doing wrong? Do I go too late in the day? Or too early? How do you all score such awesome deals?

I went to a target I don't normally shop at today as I had to go out of town for food for DH's bearded dragon at Petsmart.

Found the following:

Rawlings baseball mitt, orig 39.99 for 9.98

Demarini softball mitt, orig 59.99 for 14.98

Wilson softballs, orig 3.19 for .78

Rawlings baseball belts, orig 5.99 for 1.31

A food thermos for packing DS11 some soft foods for lunch, orig 8.99 for 2.31

DS11 found a Star Wars lego set, orig 39.99 for 8.74. He was thrilled. He had outpatient oral surgery early this morning so it was the highlight of his day to get new legos so cheap with the money he had leftover from his birthday.

Of course, I didn't find any of the things I went in to get, but still got some great deals. Was hoping to find some baby stuff or the step 2 wagon but no luck on those.

They had alot of there bath stuff for half off the funny farm line and others mixed together. Alot of housewares were clearenced through out. I saw a mixer for 200.00 org 299.00 a kettle and I saw the margerita maker and other random things. They had a whole row of bath matts and towels in all differnt colors for 30% off. The toy org. were all gone. I found a stroller for

7.xx. I found some boy shirts for .98 our scrap stuff is 30% off. I also found the boxes in blue for 3.xx couldn't pass it up thanks to whoever posted them so I knew what to look for. I will be going to Target more offten so I can get some towels and rugs for 75% off. Hopefully the crafts items will clearence soon!!!

oh, forgot to ask...i have my eye on the princess toy organizer, it's 30% off at my store...any ideas if/when it will drop to 50% or 75%? TIA

If there is something that I REALLY want, I will buy it when I see it, even if it's 30% off. Then if I am fortunate enough to find it for a lesser price (say 50% or HOPEFULLY 75% off), I will repurchase it and return the original one.

I've lost out too many times on items I really wanted and decided to wait and see if Target would go lower and still have the item in stock....like the wagon and the playhouse. Both of them were very good deals even at 50% off (heck, even at 30% off for that matter).

Can you tell me where you found those boxes. I am not having any luck. Thanks.

They had them in the baby section with some oher baby stuff for 75%. It was on one of those shelf things that you see clothes on next to the clearence baby clothes!!!

Does anyone shop at any Maryland Targets? I have the hardest time finding good deals. Nothing seems to be marked down as much as other people have found. What am I doing wrong? Do I go too late in the day? Or too early? How do you all score such awesome deals?

Yes! Hi, fellow Marylander! I grew up in Baltimore County and now live in Howard County and I often post deals I find at my Elllicott City store. I do find a lot at 75% off, but never really did before joining this board. I don't know if there is really any secret to it except just to read this board every day and stop in at Target as often as you can! :)

Colleen

Went to return some stuff that I over-bought during the holidays; of course - needless to say I ending up with more stuff:

Kitchen Aid Spice Rack $12.48 (49.99)

7 Pc Wooden Salad Bowl Set $7.18 (28.79)

Kitchen Aid Knife Set $19.98 (79.99)

Boys Winter Coat $8.97

Rollerblades $9.97

Zevro Indispensable dispenser (larger one) $7.48 (29.99)

After over a year of looking... I finally found the 10 pack of Juice!!! They only had 1, but it was exciting to find. I couldnt find anything in the housewares section :( I found my daugher a makeup set.. orig 9.99 -- 2.48. Thought it was a good find, but it is bad, now there is glitter all over the house. 3 pack flannel boxers 2.48, mens pj pants 2.48, both originally 9.99. Also found a bra 75% off. All clearance seems pretty much picked over at my store.. :(

Stopped by Vogel store on the way home, found a couple deals. The best deal is a round, metal, black & silver 24 cd holder. It has a dragon embossed both sides in black with a silver background. Reg $6.99 Clearance $1.74 My nephew is going to love this! They had several other styles. These were in Electronics. There were also a ton of clearance items in the craft/marker isle.

Today I found 10 boxes of that bulk cereal that was clearanced out...They had Post, Life and Cheerios all marked to $1.25 each...I purchased all 10...Which is really 30 boxes as each box has 3 boxes inside....

They Dysons are finally 30% off at my store...Also found some Hello Kitty Flannel sheets marked to $3.50. That was worth the trip alone!

Search the posts for this swing as someone stated the difference in the boxes, I think anyway, in one of the early posts where they were finding them.

I have # 030-09-1520 on my receipt

\]

Thank you SO much. I am going to check the papasan swings they have at the Targets I go to. If it is the same DCPI of yours maybe I can still have hope that they will mark it down like yours was. The stores I go to seem to be WAY behind the stores that everyone on here talks about.

When I was in Target tonight, I was looking at the summer stuff. There was a spot for a LT table (with umbrella) that showed the price to be $12.48. :eyepoppin Obviously this wasn't right. lol Unfortunately, my store didn't have any in stock. :no: I just wanted to give you all a heads up that maybe your store have these mismarked too. If you find one, that will be one heck of a find. Good luck!!

\]

Thank you SO much. I am going to check the papasan swings they have at the Targets I go to. If it is the same DCPI of yours maybe I can still have hope that they will mark it down like yours was. The stores I go to seem to be WAY behind the stores that everyone on here talks about.

You're welcome.

Can someone let me know if they ever see the Dyson go 50%, I have a store near me that still has them marked 15% and they usually never mark their clearance even though they are down much lower. So if they go 50% I am heading over there because I am sure they will have them left.

I went there last night and found a lot of baby stuff because the things like bottles and socks and hats that were marked 30% or 50% last week went 75% so I stocked up for gifts and got some things for my kids.

Found a great leather laptop bag was 34.99 down to 7.xx, but was marked 24.xx, again mine doesn't seem to mark things right. Also had a ton of rebook bags not marked right.

My best deal was the Disney Princess 5 piece camping set. I knew these went 75% and someone sat it near housewares. Scanned it came up Item Not Found. It did have a clearance sticker marked 34.xx and I knew that wasn't the price it was supposed to be so I did peel it off and brought it up front with the rest of my stuff (I know some people don't believe in doing this, but they would have charged me the 34.xx which is crazy!) They tried everything to find a price and couldn't so the manager said how about $5!!! :eyepoppin GREAT DEAL!!