Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2008

Gator Pam

I think someone posted about what happened in Tinley Park already. But I'm telling ya'll theres nothing like fate. Hubby and I took our 2 kids up there with the intentions of hitting the Orland Park, Tinley, Matteson Targets. I askd hubby what was up when he passed the exit for Tinley. We LOVE the Tinley one and always look forward to it. He said that he thought maybe we outta go to Orland frst,this was after Isaid I wanted to remind him to look for the step 2 wagon and I wanted to go to Lane Bryant. This was at 10:05

We do our shopping found some goodies, an I went potty. I came out and hubby said theres been a shooting. I was beyond confused. He tells me Lane Bryant. We head out to Tinley and theres 5 helicopters and police lines and what not. TONS of news crews.

Come to find out,5 women were victims of a botchd robbery. Bound , gagged and shot executio style.

I immediately freaked as I have a good friend whom works there.

Turns out she's ok.

The thing is, I dont believe it for a robbery. Lane Bryant robbed??? On a sat? Early in h morning?

We were there at the same time. If I had not stopped off at home to print off a few coupons, we would have been there durring the lockdown. We got there at 10:05 also! Very scary with the helicopters and all the police and news crews. You knew something big was up.

Anyway I went back today and I found....

I found the Zevro Professional models of Cereal dispensers smaller one $4.98 and the larger one $7.48.

Small one DCPI 200 00 0811 UPC 8 92583 00077 1

Large one DCPI 200 00 1741 UPC 8 92583 00098 6

The ones that are clearanced are the metal (silver ones) professional ones ONLY not black, red or white ones. They were originally about $39.99 and $24.99 I think.

Also found a golf bag... DATREK $19.98 DCPI 088 04 0203 or UPC 7 81222 20352 2 Coolrider Cart Bag.

Also Patio chair cushions Home brand Black Floral. 50% 0ff $6.48

DCPI 009 03 1175 UPC 0 81167 13368 8.

The shutterfly gift cards were with the rest of the boxes, but they are standard gift cards. No box - just like itunes, etc.

Wow I never saw those, that would have been great to get!

Also wanted to mention I got the cereal dispensers mentioned earlier and they are GREAT!!! Awesome price!

The Target at I-19/Irvington in Tucson still has some Shutterfly stuff. There's not a lot but still a semi-decent selection. HTH someone.

I found my first MM Juice 10 pack (fruit punch) for $0.69. I was so excited. lol It was the only one I found but it made me optimistic that I may find more in the future. :) I played it cool and didn't do a happy dance :bunny: right in the store! I didn't want to give away my secret and have any additional competition. :)

Found 4 Shutterfly calendars at the Grove City store today. Took them up to the register and they rang up Item Not Found. Knew that some areas had gone to 75% off so tried to get them for that. Had a sticker on them for 50% off and the front end manager wouldn't budge.. Politely said "No thanks, I'll keep watching them". If its fate, I'll find them at 75% :rolleyes:

I think someone posted about what happened in Tinley Park already. But I'm telling ya'll theres nothing like fate. Hubby and I took our 2 kids up there with the intentions of hitting the Orland Park, Tinley, Matteson Targets. I askd hubby what was up when he passed the exit for Tinley. We LOVE the Tinley one and always look forward to it. He said that he thought maybe we outta go to Orland frst,this was after Isaid I wanted to remind him to look for the step 2 wagon and I wanted to go to Lane Bryant. This was at 10:05

We do our shopping found some goodies, an I went potty. I came out and hubby said theres been a shooting. I was beyond confused. He tells me Lane Bryant. We head out to Tinley and theres 5 helicopters and police lines and what not. TONS of news crews.

Come to find out,5 women were victims of a botchd robbery. Bound , gagged and shot executio style.

Turns out she's ok.

The thing is, I dont believe it for a robbery. Lane Bryant robbed??? On a sat? Early in h morning?

My sister and I feel the same way. Who would go to Lane Bryant to rob them, especially when they first open?? My sister said it sounded more like a gang initiation. I think she's right. Make me feel better that the store I go to has armed security in it.

Turns out she's ok.

Thank goodness we let husbands make some shopping decisions sometimes!!:D I am glad you & the family are safe. Just seeing all the commotion like that is scary though. What a terrible thing.

Found 4 Shutterfly calendars at the Grove City store today. Took them up to the register and they rang up Item Not Found. Knew that some areas had gone to 75% off so tried to get them for that. Had a sticker on them for 50% off and the front end manager wouldn't budge.. Politely said "No thanks, I'll keep watching them". If its fate, I'll find them at 75% :rolleyes:

Ya, typically the sticker can't be on the item if you are playing the "name your price" game!

I found the Zevro Professional models of Cereal dispensers smaller one $4.98 and the larger one $7.48.

WOW! I didn't know there was such a thing as a "professional" cereal dispenser. Heck, my 4 year old can dispense cereal, and no one pays him. maybe I should look into compensation....

:sidesplit:giggle::sidesplit:giggle::sidesplit

Sorry, just couldn't resist. I am somewhat tired of all the so-called "professional" stuff out there on the market. I guess anything can be professional if you call it that.

My sister and I feel the same way. Who would go to Lane Bryant to rob them, especially when they first open?? My sister said it sounded more like a gang initiation. I think she's right. Make me feel better that the store I go to has armed security in it.

Can you believe they didn't even have security cameras????? I was pretty shocked. Our stores are almost all inside old-fashioned malls.

I agree, doesn't sound like any kind of robbery, but I sorta doubt the gang initiation, thing too. Seems like they'd more likely use them to take out a known enemy or something. But maybe that is too many cop shows talking...

I took a Target road trip yesterday. First store I went to I found another tent! Besides more Crystal Light, that's all I found. One store had a whole endcap with different things tagged w/ "as is" stickers; I had never seen that before. My biggest score of the day was the Color Wonder sets at K Mart ... they made the whole trip worth it :D

Dang it... knew there was something I was missing... thanks for the info!

Sometimes it can hurt you if it scans not found & you remove the sticker. The cashier won't have the orig price to take off 75%. It's better to leave it on then just ask them to look up the last selling price if they don't take your word. Trust me I've tried it both ways & without a sticker or previous reciept if it is a high price item a lead or mgr will get involved.

Can you believe they didn't even have security cameras????? I was pretty shocked. Our stores are almost all inside old-fashioned malls.

I agree, doesn't sound like any kind of robbery, but I sorta doubt the gang initiation, thing too. Seems like they'd more likely use them to take out a known enemy or something. But maybe that is too many cop shows talking...

Wierd isnt it about no cameras? This is a BRAND NEW plaza. Someone correct me if I am wrong. But I think its only been open for a few months!

A quick note about something not necessarily a clearance item. I found in the travel/sample size stuff that they have Hefty quart size bags marked for travel with TSA. They are .97 for 7 of them. But on the back of the package is a $1.00 coupon to us later, so if you use Hefty storage bags you just got 7 for free.

OH and I got three apple juice MM just sitting there in the front of the shelf and to think I almost wasn't going to check. Found two ribbon snapware boxes for 1.48 finally.

Sometimes it can hurt you if it scans not found & you remove the sticker. The cashier won't have the orig price to take off 75%. It's better to leave it on then just ask them to look up the last selling price if they don't take your word. Trust me I've tried it both ways & without a sticker or previous reciept if it is a high price item a lead or mgr will get involved.

Thats what I thought and when I asked her to look up the price she looked at me like I was an idiot or something... oh well...

Adewrell, could you describe the Kitchen Aid cookware set or do you maybe have the DCPI? I would really like to look for this set

Thank you,

Jennifer

Hi Jennifer - the number on the receipt is 070010441. The box says Item # 80465. It was on the shelf with the other Kitchenaid cookware. The only difference is this box has a green stripe across the front and the others were blue. Hope that helps.

If I am not mistaken, adrewell was talking about looking for deals that aren't clearly marked. If you follow this discussion regularly you KNOW what is on clearance in most of the country. Quite often you can find those items, not marked at all, or in another department, or less than they are marked. That is especially true the week or two after a big clearance event like what they did with toys a few weeks ago. People do returns. Oh, and there are often online returns, too. So, we search for them.

Now, adrewell, I don't want to get in trouble for speaking out of turn, so if that isn't what you meant, you correct me! :yup:

That is exactly what I meant. The markdowns in TN seem to be several weeks behind everyone else on the board. So when I see stuff on here that I know is marked down other places, I locate those things and scan them in my store just to see if they are ringing up differently than they are marked.

Thats what I thought and when I asked her to look up the price she looked at me like I was an idiot or something... oh well...

Ya, I really think that when there is a DCPI number with a price on it, most cashiers will just enter that number and then enter the price that is on the sticker. If you want to take time to argue and potentially have to get management, then I guess it wouldn't matter if the sticker is on or not. I almost never will stand and make a "scene" at the register though. I've usually got kiddos with me and for me personally it's just not worth it. (If someone is being rude, that is a whole different deal though. I'm not rude to anyone and nothing makes me more upset than when I'm treated like dirt for no reason other than the cashier is having a bad day. THEN I don't feel badly about getting management.)

Mostly though, I end up feeling angry and stupid for holding up the line... just not in my personality. So, if I give a fair price and they don't want to believe me, often I will just say forget it then. Almost always though they say, "sounds good to me!"

Remember though, if the item is showing up as not found, technically, they DON'T have to sell it to you. So, it all depends on who you get as your cashier; how ornery they want to be and how willing management is to back up their cashiers or go out of their way to get you what you want. Many cashiers just want to move the line though quickly (cause I THINK they are to some degree monitored as to how fast they get people though the line), so if you give a fair price (for me-- usually 75% off) they are usually willing to push it through. I think it's pretty rare that Target won't sell something to you if it comes up as "item not found", but you'll most likely get to the 75% off price tag QUICKER if you TRY naming a fair price rather than having management involved.

Just my 2 cents!

The other day I went to Target and found some dishwashing detergent. It was a bigger bottle so I was assuming it was from the bulk stuff. Well the sticker on it said $2.78. I went to the scanner to see if it was lower and it rang up $4.84. I was showing a friend of mine the ways of Target so I told her I am going to fight this one. I went to check out and it rang up $4.84. I said something to lady and she acted like I stuck the sticker on there. I decided not to fight it but I told her they need to fix them because there was more back there. She handed it to the front end 'manager,' I'm guessing. At this point I finish checking out. The manager says to the cashier, 'the dcpi is correct. Do they still want it or did somebody want it?' Luckily I was still there waiting for my friend. So anyways the lady rang it up at the sticker price and I think she felt dumb. I wasn't going to make a scene and I am glad I didn't because I think I got my justice in the end anyways. It really does depend on the personality of the cashier which is the luck of the draw.

Sorry for the late post. I went to Target on Friday and today. I found:

Toddler size Dora helmet and knee pad set 75% off -- $4.98

Callaway set of golf balls 75% off -- around $6.48

Hello Kitty sheet sets & comforter sets- looked like 30% off --

they also had other clearance sheet sets for kids, but I can't remember which ones.

Looks like they are bringing in some new lines of bedding.

Not much clearance going on at my store. Most of the 75% off clothes are gone.

I was at Target last week and they were marking some of the camping items 75% off. They had a few toys--nothing worth noting, but had a stack of old baseball cards and golf trading cards. The red sticker was marked at 30% off, but the whole stack was with the 75% items and the sign read 75% off. (These were the same boxes that were 30% off during the big toy markdown at 75% last month.) Anyway, I asked one of the people on the markdown team if the cards were also 75% off. She picked one up and it scanned full price. I told her I know they've been 30% off since January. She took all the boxes, said then it must be a mistake and tore all of the red stickers off! She was so rude! I had my GD with me so just let it go.

Very frustrating especially considering I was purchasing 4 video games, and a Blu-Ray dvd player. Wasn't like I was trying to get something for nothing.

I'm envious of those of you who have helpful people on the mark down team. The ones in my store are always rude.