Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2008

Gator Pam

I found a few things yesterday when I was doing my regular shopping for laundry aids and such. I found a chair slipcover marked down from $69.99 to $34.98. I also found a fleece throw to go with it. It was only 30% off but it only cost me $6.98. I'll watch them to see if they have them in stock when they get reduced to 50%.

I wanted to cover my den chair and the slipcover is an easy way to do it. I was happy when I found one for $35. I had budgeted up to $50. I NEVER would've paid $70 :eyepoppin for a chair one.

All the clearance seemed very picked over so didn't find much of anything else.

Really? Maybe it's a regional thing. Like here they are called buggys and up north they are called carts? That "other store" you know the one that starts with a W that I refuse to shop in, they call them go backs. But at Target, everynight they call over that walkie talkie thing "I need a team member from all departments to the service desk for your reshop".

I'm sorry KC - you can keep your card.:gdbouquet1:

It is different everywhere. When I worked at the WM in Oklahoma they were called 'returns.' So don't feel bad. You had it right for your area;)

I have never shopped at Goodwill, but do you remember when the cashier rang you out, did they scan the barcode on the BACK of the box (not the bottom)? Or how do they ring things out there?

When you buy them at Target, they have to do TWO scans, one for the barcode on the bottom of the box and then again to activate it, they have to scan the long coded UPC on the BACK of the box.

Goodwill should absolutely know what they need to do if they are going to sell these. You can't just slap a price tag on the box and ring it out manually at the register. There is NOTHING in the box except a code, which will be useless to you unless it is activated.

I don't know about her Goodwill, but ours has old registers without scanners and they hand-ring items from the little paper tag with the price & no bar code on it(!)LOL Our Goodwill does take returns with receipt within 2 weeks though. Hmmm, I bet this means that the digital music kit I bought at GW that was from BestBuy probably won't work for the same reason. Good thing it was only .99 LOL

How is everyone getting poptarts for $.50? They are $1.29 at my store - .50 coupon = .79. Am I missing something?

They were on sale at my store for 1.02 so with the .50 coupon it brought it down to .52 per box with no limit on the amount.

I think it depends upon what your store marked them to.

Really? Maybe it's a regional thing. Like here they are called buggys and up north they are called carts? That "other store" you know the one that starts with a W that I refuse to shop in, they call them go backs. But at Target, everynight they call over that walkie talkie thing "I need a team member from all departments to the service desk for your reshop".

I'm sorry KC - you can keep your card.:gdbouquet1:

Yeah, probably that's it. I think they call them buggies in England, too. Or maybe it is something else. funny how different that can be from place to place.

If anyone is looking for a deal on a bicycle there are some bikes marked 75% off. I got a Schwinn for $57.48. DPC 082-09-0076. Can't wait for Spring!!!

State and city please

Yep, and in keeping with my reputation...could you please add it to your profile? It really helps us all to keep from having to ask that question all the time.

Just click on the Control Panel above on the left and follow through the links.

I found someone's toy stash today. Got some of those Knex racers from Christmas clearance ($.49 - didn't want to push for the 90% price as they might not have gone for it since they were NOF) and some small Lego Aquaraiders sets for $1.24.

Pasadena-Lake store has a fair amount of the bulk stuff on end caps in the sporting goods & downstairs in the cleaning stuff. A lot of the cereal upstairs. I think it was still 15% -30% off, but if you were looking...

I noticed at Madre that a lot of the grilling supplies were 30% off - grill covers, etc.

I don't know about her Goodwill, but ours has old registers without scanners and they hand-ring items from the little paper tag with the price & no bar code on it(!)LOL Our Goodwill does take returns with receipt within 2 weeks though. Hmmm, I bet this means that the digital music kit I bought at GW that was from BestBuy probably won't work for the same reason. Good thing it was only .99 LOL

It seems completely stupid (pardon the bluntness) that Target would pull those Shutterfly boxes outta most of their stores (without going to 75% off) to give them all to Goodwill, who doesn't even have the technology to make them function. HELLOOOOO Target! Anyone home up there???? If I were Shutterfly, I'd be very PISSED OFF. They are most likely going to field a ton of calls from people wondering why they can't get their stuff to work.

It's sad because it's not Shutterfly's fault. Heck for all they know some Joe Blow could have donated it to Goodwill. They don't have anyway of knowing FOR SURE that it came from a Target salvage drop. They don't have any way to verify that the access code wasn't scratched off and used already BEFORE it was purchased from Goodwill.

When you buy those at Target, the activation code that scans on the receipt matches up with the last several numbers ON the Shutterfly box, so you have the receipt showing that YOU have the box that matches with the proof you paid for it.

To me, it seems like Target should NOT be sending these out to Goodwill for unsuspecting people to purchase. It doesn't state anywhere on the box that this item must be activated at the time of purchase. So, nobody would know that unless you had purchased some at Target.

We got a great deal on silverware today. It was an internet return for $12 (orig. $69). We needed extra spoons (don't know how we go through so many) and forks and this was a whole set plus serving utensils !!!! It really pays to peruse :) Edited by dantegirl

Was in today and got a few good clearance items:

Charmin (30pk) TP 3.25

Crystal Light drinks 12pk 3.48

MLP tube 1.74 9 finally

MM juices 4 boxes .69 each

C2 sweat jacket 4.98

black satin PJs (2 piece) 4.98

Stamp set 3.48

Pampers case 13.00

Still lots of bulk items at my store (cleaners, soaps, paper towels) at 75%.

I saw 2 sets of the Barbie golf clubs for 9.98 also. (AZ store - Warner & Arizona Ave)

Went to an out of the way for me Target (Kirkwood) today as I was out that way and didn't find any of the jewelry armoires, but I did find 2 of the Shutterfly mugs at $7.xx each so I bought them and a KitchenAid paper towel holder for $6.xx, no Charmin TP at that one either, but still plenty of Lysol bulk and SoftSoap, Old Spice, and Oil of Olay..now my best buy of the day was a big green Margarator (foMargarita making) on clearance for $49.xx, orgnl price ($99.xx...not a huge savings, but great for the occasional happy juice..lol" Also the ornament storage containers and bow containers were still at $4.98.. Now I have to plan a Margarator party that starts with Target perimeter perusing!!

Was in today and got a few good clearance items:

Charmin (30pk) TP 3.25

Crystal Light drinks 12pk 3.48

MLP tube 1.74 9 finally

MM juices 4 boxes .69 each

C2 sweat jacket 4.98

black satin PJs (2 piece) 4.98

Stamp set 3.48

Pampers case 13.00

Still lots of bulk items at my store (cleaners, soaps, paper towels) at 75%.

I saw 2 sets of the Barbie golf clubs for 9.98 also. (AZ store - Warner & Arizona Ave)

What were the stamp sets? Tia!!!

wish i could find this :( i was so excited last night when i found the barbie golf clubs at one of the three targets i was at--but it rang up 49.99 :no: i really thought for a moment i had found them! bummer.....and still no sign of tents...

but today i did find the dora pop-up tent for 5.xx, a disney princess blowup bed for 7.28, (we use these all the time when my parents stay and i have the kids "camp" out) the disney tent set (sleeping bag, backpack, water bottle) for 7.28--but put it back didnt need it--just wanted the bargain :tongue1: the fireplace items are all 30 off i think :confused: i bought a tool set since i need one right now--if they go cheaper i will rebuy and take back with this receit i just didnt want to miss out if they go fast like the tents did.......also they had several crockpots at 13.xx from 19.99 big oval rival brand --think i will go back next week see if cheaper and get one.

I went crazy today. I went to 5 Targets and bought:

4 Women's Laptop Carrying Totes $7.xx - originally $40

3 Reebok carry all bags (canvas, drawstring top) $1.xx - originally $8

2 pair of Roller blades $4.xx - originally $25

2 Eddie Bauer rolling backpack carry ons $24.xx - originally $99

1 Kitchenaid 10pc cookware set $24.xx originally $159

1 Hello Kitty sewing machine $24.xx

1 National Geographic microscope $4.xx

that's just the stuff that I can remember. I am sure there was more.

Oh and if you all don't mind if I vent for a minute....

I went last night and bought a couple of the laptop carrying cases, but I only bought 2 and after I got home I got to thinking that we have several other attorneys and paralegals in my office that don't have carrying cases - so maybe I should go back and get the rest of them. Which I did, and ended up being in there for 3 hours.

So anyway, while I'm searching for "hidden" deals, one of the things that I found was that National Geographic microscope. It's the old packaging that went clearance in January. I also had the Kitchenaid cookware set that was NOF and another luggage thing that was NOF. The cashier (who is hateful to begin with) called for someone in toys, housewares, and luggage to get her prices. Now the luggage thing was white but it was EXACTLY like the black one that I had and I told her that I had the only 2 that were back there. She says, "I don't care, this one is white, it's the summer line." YIKES. Okay, so she gets calls on all 3 items. I had been standing there for over 30 minutes at this point. She rings up the microscope at $34.xx WHAT???? No way. I tell her that isn't right. That was the one that clearanced in January. She says, "well, ma'am, when things go on clearance if they don't sell, they go back to regular price." As I wipe the word stupid off of my forehead, I said call your manager, please, I would like to speak to him. He tells the head cashier to handle it. So she gets involved - not my first run in with her over NOF items - and says that she has to charge me what it's ringing up. I said to her, if it was ringing up that would be fine, but that it isn't. It's NOF because it was clearance. She said, no she called toys and that's the number that they gave her. I asked for the manager again. FINALLY he comes up and we go through the whole scenario again. "I have to charge what it's ringing up, I don't undertand what your issue is." to which I reply, if it were ringing up, I wouldn't have a problem with that, but as I explained to both the cashier and the supervisor, it is NOF. It is a different item than the one that the toys associate gave her the number for. He looked directly at the supervisor and says, "WELL, nobody told me that it was NOF." No they didn't because several months ago I purchased some color wonder things that were NOF and they told me that I couldn't have them and when I called for a manager, the District Manager came up and said, "No, you always accomodate the guest." and ever since then I have nothing but attitude from both of them and they treat me like I'm a thief every time I'm in here.

In the end, I got the microscope for the clearance price but I am NOT happy about the way that cashier and the supervisor talk to me.

I went crazy today. I went to 5 Targets and bought:

4 Women's Laptop Carrying Totes $7.xx - originally $40

3 Reebok carry all bags (canvas, drawstring top) $1.xx - originally $8

2 pair of Roller blades $4.xx - originally $25

2 Eddie Bauer rolling backpack carry ons $24.xx - originally $99

1 Kitchenaid 10pc cookware set $24.xx originally $159

1 Hello Kitty sewing machine $24.xx

1 National Geographic microscope $4.xx

that's just the stuff that I can remember. I am sure there was more.

Oh and if you all don't mind if I vent for a minute....

I went last night and bought a couple of the laptop carrying cases, but I only bought 2 and after I got home I got to thinking that we have several other attorneys and paralegals in my office that don't have carrying cases - so maybe I should go back and get the rest of them. Which I did, and ended up being in there for 3 hours.

So anyway, while I'm searching for "hidden" deals, one of the things that I found was that National Geographic microscope. It's the old packaging that went clearance in January. I also had the Kitchenaid cookware set that was NOF and another luggage thing that was NOF. The cashier (who is hateful to begin with) called for someone in toys, housewares, and luggage to get her prices. Now the luggage thing was white but it was EXACTLY like the black one that I had and I told her that I had the only 2 that were back there. She says, "I don't care, this one is white, it's the summer line." YIKES. Okay, so she gets calls on all 3 items. I had been standing there for over 30 minutes at this point. She rings up the microscope at $34.xx WHAT???? No way. I tell her that isn't right. That was the one that clearanced in January. She says, "well, ma'am, when things go on clearance if they don't sell, they go back to regular price." As I wipe the word stupid off of my forehead, I said call your manager, please, I would like to speak to him. He tells the head cashier to handle it. So she gets involved - not my first run in with her over NOF items - and says that she has to charge me what it's ringing up. I said to her, if it was ringing up that would be fine, but that it isn't. It's NOF because it was clearance. She said, no she called toys and that's the number that they gave her. I asked for the manager again. FINALLY he comes up and we go through the whole scenario again. "I have to charge what it's ringing up, I don't undertand what your issue is." to which I reply, if it were ringing up, I wouldn't have a problem with that, but as I explained to both the cashier and the supervisor, it is NOF. It is a different item than the one that the toys associate gave her the number for. He looked directly at the supervisor and says, "WELL, nobody told me that it was NOF." No they didn't because several months ago I purchased some color wonder things that were NOF and they told me that I couldn't have them and when I called for a manager, the District Manager came up and said, "No, you always accomodate the guest." and ever since then I have nothing but attitude from both of them and they treat me like I'm a thief every time I'm in here.

In the end, I got the microscope for the clearance price but I am NOT happy about the way that cashier and the supervisor talk to me.

You should call. That is not the way they should treat you. I found that same microscope maybe a couple of days ago mixed in with the new stuff and when it didn't ring up the cashier said it must have been part of the markdown and did the 75%. You don't deserve that.

Edited by rebecca7675
Can't spell at night

I did the happy dance at Target today! I found the 10 piece Kitchenaid knife set for $19.98 and the Step 2 Wagon for $14.98!!! I was so happy when I found the wagon!! I don't really need one except for 2-3 times a year and for that price it was perfect.

I ended up activating one of my shutterfly gift cards (I found $50 gift cards for $25 here - never went to 75% anywhere near me) and it worked fine. Came up as $50 credit on my account. Whew!

How were the gift cards pkg.??? I bought the mugs, calandars & books but never knew there were gift cards.

FYI, Thank you to who ever hid the holiday pistassio nuts in sporting goods, 90% off today & very good!:D

Today was a pretty good day between 2 stores I found

$1.98 wrap/ bow containers (11 total) which I split with my parents... They'll be perfect for my recycling too (75%)

$6.22 Diego Scooter (75%)

$4.xx Diego Roller Skates (75%)

$2.98 rubber boot mats for the garage (50%)