Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2008

Gator Pam

is it possible for the toys that were part of the 30-50-75 mark down to go 90% off? I have hidden a fisher-price imaginext castle thing and i checked on it today..still well hidden, but I'm wondering if i should just go ahead and buy it at $9.98 ( which is 75% off)...but I'd really like to get it for less than $5!

I'd buy it. They tend to salvage toys instead of marking them down more. I'd hate to wait only to find it's been dropped from the system. IMO, paying the extra $5 would be worth not fighting them over an "item not found".....

is it possible for the toys that were part of the 30-50-75 mark down to go 90% off? I have hidden a fisher-price imaginext castle thing and i checked on it today..still well hidden, but I'm wondering if i should just go ahead and buy it at $9.98 ( which is 75% off)...but I'd really like to get it for less than $5!

I have NEVER seen them drop toys below 75%. The only merchandise that goes to 90% is holiday stuff. There are a handful of stores across the country where we have heard reports of them taking merchandise below 75%, but it is not standard practice. And once it goes salvage, a lot of stores won't sell it to you at all. That happens all the time. I'd buy it before that happens.

I dragged all 3 kids out to Target today in the snow, expecting just to pick up some pharmacy items and lo and behold walked out with more toys. :) Thanks to you all, I knew to re-check the bare clearance toy aisle for returns and there they were. :) I got a Fisher Price Classics boxed pull along dog toy for $6.xx, 75% off and one of those ride on Spiderman scoot toys for $4.xx, 75% off. I also found Eddie Bauer boxed items I'm using for Easter basket items for the men in the family - UV index detectors for $4.xx, 75% off...

Went to Target this afternoon. Found tons of women's clothing 75% off including sweaters, hoodies, short sleeved tops. Not many coats left. They had Hanes sweats for $1.62, but mostly size XL.

Perfume sets were 75% off!

They had: Jennifer Lopez "Still", Britney Spears "Curious", Paris Hilton, Phat Farm, David Beckham "Instinct", Adidas. Prices ranged from $4.98 to $7.48.

Also found:

Disney Princess lipgloss sets $0.74.

Cars and Spiderman flannel twin sheet sets $4.98

Mens sweaters 75% off, around $6

Today was my day! I got:

1 foil roasting pan: .74

2 Flannel sheets at $4.98 each

1 HSM pillow: $3.24

1 Dora Bath Mat: $5.12

1 Spongebob placemat: $.48

1 kids bath sets: $2.48

1 pair toddler slippers: $1.98

1 pair boys snow boots: $3.74

1 pair girls snow boots: $4.98

1 Hannah Montana clock: $2.48

2 sets of coasters at $.98

2 crayola bath sets at $2.48

1 big box of pampers for $22.10 (minus $1.50 coupon)

And my big find:

The Step 2 Wagon I've been watching for weeks for $29.98!!!!!!!!:D

Super happy with my stop at Target tonight!!

Snow boots for DS $3.74

Mittens for a school project $.74

The boots I've been watching for DD for over a month $4.98 (they were sitting at $13.98 for over a month)

Also, for those in VA, I overheard a clerk telling a family that they would be marking down carseats/play yards/strollers/etc down even more very soon. So worth keeping your eye out if you need one of those.

I bought 2 of the Black & Decker Vacumes for $12.48 each last night and found 1 pack of twin flannel sheets (girls striped) for $4.98 with the other kids sheet - not on an endcap/and no red sticker - I just scanned because they were flannel!

I also put together the Eezy Peezy Ball Pit / Slide Play Set and my DD LOVES it - she is 2 and it is really for my 7 month old son.

It was a pain to put together but it is really neat for $24 reg. $99!!!!

Do you have the number for the vaccume? Are they pretty nice?

I got lucky tonight - I took my Littlest Pet Shop Around the World set in that I had bought b4 Christmas for $25.00 and asked the man at customer service if he would see what they were ringing up for now - he said $6.??...so I asked if there was any way I could return or get a price adjust and rebuy back? He said yes! He said typically they don't do that - that it would have to go back on the floor and then I'd have to find it and rebuy that way. (I knew that - but thought it wouldn't hurt to try)

BUT since he was the manager he would do it this time! I was kind of surprised esp. since there were about 2 other employees back there with him!?!??!

SO lesson learned....it never hurts to TRY!

WOW you got a quite the steal!

I bought it a couple weeks ago at 50% off for $74.98. Tried to call a few stores in NY/NJ area and it was still either $74.98 or even higher at $104.98!!! :gdcry:

Smjrm, would you let me know it works out for you? Was wondering if it's any good. I

thought I got a steal at 50% off, now I feel a wee bit cheated.. :no:

If anyone sees it in my area for 75% off, please please please let me know? Thanks!!!

I got lucky tonight - I took my Littlest Pet Shop Around the World set in that I had bought b4 Christmas for $25.00 and asked the man at customer service if he would see what they were ringing up for now - he said $6.??...so I asked if there was any way I could return or get a price adjust and rebuy back? He said yes! He said typically they don't do that - that it would have to go back on the floor and then I'd have to find it and rebuy that way. (I knew that - but thought it wouldn't hurt to try)

BUT since he was the manager he would do it this time! I was kind of surprised esp. since there were about 2 other employees back there with him!?!??!

SO lesson learned....it never hurts to TRY!

Absolutely! I had a couple of those sets, and I asked at one store, and they lady said no and explained why. She's sweet and knows I shop there a lot. I asked because an older gentleman that works CS at that store has done it for me before. No dice. So, I took them (and a few other marked down toys) back to my other most regular store and simply waited. I went in the evening and sat with a coffee in Food Avenue to watch for them to come get the go backs. I knew they would. That store never lets stuff sit for more than an hour in CS. Sure enough, after about 30 minutes a girl came to get them. I headed her off at the pass and she was more than happy to allow me to unload the cart she was going to have to take to the sales floor! :cheesy:

I had a great day at Target... I found the following:

75%

Lego fire rescue boat set $8.74

Wooden Thomas Train Set piece $7.48

Cars Carrying Case $3.32

2 X-mas Hot Wheels $1.24

3 pairs of toddler tennis shoes $3.74 each

1 pair toddler snowboots $3.74

3 pairs of toddler slippers $1.98

Isotoner slippers $3.24

Twin Fleece Blanket $4.98

And my best deal was the Fisher Price Easy Link system for $1.18 ($6.18 - $5.00 coupon)

I figured for a $1 basically it couldn't be that bad. Does anyone have one of these/ Do they work well?

I don't think I have ever seen toys go 90% unless they were part of the seasonal line. You better go ahead and buy it. If it goes salvage they may not let you purchase it.

Oh have to share. I found one of the Black and Decker irons today for $6.24. I noticed that the box was kind of opened and bent. I opened it up and noticed that the iron was dusty and had drops of water in it. I figured it was a return. I didn't purchase it because thought it may have been damaged. Once I got home I thought that I never looked to see if it was the same iron that was on the box. Very odd.

I saw several SpiderMan flannel sheets for 75%.

I actually walked out of the store today without buying a thing. :)

Not a prayer hun. Only Holiday drops to 90.

I just set our link system up and it very cool. You put a password in and then put the figure in and it takes you to the site my son loves it. I also found today the fusion gift sets marked down to $4.98 and I used the $4 coupon so 98cents for a razor, gel and 3 golf balls

I think I found it but don't worry I covered it back up. Ha Ha. Go ahead and buy it you are spending 5 dollars driving back and forth checking on it

WOW you got a quite the steal!

I bought it a couple weeks ago at 50% off for $74.98. Tried to call a few stores in NY/NJ area and it was still either $74.98 or even higher at $104.98!!! :gdcry:

Smjrm, would you let me know it works out for you? Was wondering if it's any good. I

thought I got a steal at 50% off, now I feel a wee bit cheated.. :no:

If anyone sees it in my area for 75% off, please please please let me know? Thanks!!!

After reading about the sewing machine I had to go out to stalk it myself after work... At my 3rd Target I lucked out and found it! It was still marked at $104.98 but scanned for $37.48. :woot2: I immediately had to call my sister to brag about my find, and a guy walking by heard me talking about it and picked up the only other one left for his fiance.

I don't know how to sew yet, but this will make me start! It basically gives me yet one more thing to spend money on when I walk into JoAnn or Hobby Lobby. For some reason I'm convinced that deep down I'm a very crafty person, I just have to buy the right supplies to bring it out of me :cheesy:

Target run last PM-

Olay age defying body wash (value pack of 2) marked down 4.25-used 3.00 man coupon, got it for 1.25

Addidas gift sets 75% off for 7.48 (sample packs by these for 24 cents and on back is 3.00 off coupon for Addidas)-made gift set 4.48. Only other sample with coupon was Shania. Scarves, gloves, childrens slippers, mens sweaters all 75% off. forgot to check for Shark sewing machine. sporting goods still 50% off-

After reading about the sewing machine I had to go out to stalk it myself after work... At my 3rd Target I lucked out and found it! It was still marked at $104.98 but scanned for $37.48. :woot2: I immediately had to call my sister to brag about my find, and a guy walking by heard me talking about it and picked up the only other one left for his fiance.

I don't know how to sew yet, but this will make me start! It basically gives me yet one more thing to spend money on when I walk into JoAnn or Hobby Lobby. For some reason I'm convinced that deep down I'm a very crafty person, I just have to buy the right supplies to bring it out of me :cheesy:

Well said!! That's exactly how I feel! :) I don't have any idea how to sew but always thought it would be a fun thing to learn how to do.

frogfan - it may be a little while before I get it out, I'm in the middle of a couple of other projects, but I'll be happy to let you know what I think of it. But take my opinion for only what it's worth - probably not much considering I don't sew (yet!).

Well said!! That's exactly how I feel! :) I don't have any idea how to sew but always thought it would be a fun thing to learn how to sew.

I know how to sew & my machine broke. I got one last yr for $5 like new at a garage sale & still haven't put it into my cabinet!! Thanks for the reminder. Maybe I should do that today & finally throw out the old one. I am tempted to look for this one on sale instead!!! PLEASE stop me. I've bought waaaay too much already. Maybe I should just flip a coin, stay home heads, go to Target tails. LOL.:rolleyes:

Well said!! That's exactly how I feel! :) I don't have any idea how to sew but always thought it would be a fun thing to learn how to sew.

I know how to sew & my machine broke. I got one last yr for $5 like new at a garage sale & still haven't put it into my cabinet!! Thanks for the reminder. Maybe I should do that today & finally throw out the old one. I am tempted to look for this one on sale instead!!! PLEASE stop me. I've bought waaaay too much already. Maybe I should just flip a coin, stay home heads, go to Target tails. LOL.:rolleyes:

I hope you don't have the same coin I do! Mine has tails on both sides! :)

I got an Air Hockey Table last night at Target org. 69.99 for 17.48. They also had the bowling arcade, indoor basketball hoop game and a table top pool table for 75% off.

I almost picked that one up but the but the box was too big to scan and ours has the old scanners so I could not punch in the numbers. I figures it was still 30% so I passed. Hmmm. my husband got a ping pong table for CHristmas and just ordered a dart board. This might be a good addition to the game room. Guess I should go back and pray it is still there. Do you happen to have the Number so I can look it up? (The all in one game table)

I've been shopping Target toy clearance for many years and rarely have I've seen them go any lower then 75%. As the other op stated it will be salvage...however, I have seen - I believe it was two years ago a few toys that they red tagged at 85%. I defintely would not wait on getting the item because alot of the stores will salvage there items and send them out to liquidators.

HTH.